Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

What's in a name? That which we call a zahra. By any other name would smell as shariah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hyderabad...  (Read 813 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Oct 24, 2012 01:41 AM »

Now, I know akhan is wondering what this is all about... but I met a Somali family here who returned to the US after 4 years of living overseas. The mother told me that they just got back. I asked where they had been and the response was Hydebarad!

So, knowing a Hydebarad Champion on this board, I really wanted to know about this family's experience of Hydebarad. And guess what? They only have nice things to say about it and the girls dress as if they are still in Hydebarad!!! Plus they have family members who stayed behind.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2012 07:20 AM »

They were Somali Americans? That's something new for me lol

There are quite a lot of Somalis in Hyderabad who landed here as refugees and have become completely assimilated.

However, these days there are a LOT of people coming from the Middle East and Africa to study here. Pretty much every country from that region has students here, even Saudis - that was a shocker coz Saudi unis are much much better than ours, I had even applied there for grad school only to have my name on the waitlist since a year, and its still there Tongue

I also know of Indians who were born and brought up in the US who moved here and live in the older part of the city, where even I don't want to live lol

After the IT/ITES boom, a lot of Americans and Europeans have moved here for work. Recently, I also came across a Spanish couple who came here to get involved with the local theatre community. Then there are Chinese people who have been living here for generations and run the most amazing restaurants Grin

So, Hyderabad is not as backward as most people think Smiley

PS - On the negative side, Hyderabad is also quite famous for surrogate motherhood. There seem to be a lot of "fertility clinics" that popped up in recent years. Again, people come in from all over the world for that. There was also a documentary made by Al Jazeera on this.

Edited - I forgot Yemenis Grin In pre independence Hyderabad, the ruler Osman Ali Khan had brought in Yemenis for his army and situated them in barracks(that place is now called barkas, thanks to the hydi style of twisting everything) outside the city. Those yemenis are no longer yemenis now, they even forgot arabic except for a handful of really old people. Even the bland arab food has become spicy lol
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2012 08:33 AM »

what a coincidence! Grin

http://in.news.yahoo.com/hyderabad-named-worlds-3rd-best-city-visit-2013-062211554.html

Melbourne, October 22 (ANI): Hyderabad has been named as one of the best cities in the world to visit next year by travel guide book Lonely Planet.
The Indian city has been described by Lonely Planet as "elegant and blossoming", News.com.au reported.
Lonely Planet's Top 10 Cities for 2013 are:
San Francisco
Amsterdam
Hyderabad
Derry/Londonderry
Beijing
Christchurch
Hobart
Montreal
Addis Ababa
Puerto Iguazu (ANI)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2012 04:31 AM »

WOW !! akhan congrats indeed Smiley you're going to be a popular guy in 2013 when all the Madinans descend on Hyderabad  driving
akhan
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2012 08:27 AM »

hmmm...let's see if a single article can take over my efforts since two years
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2012 02:38 PM »

PS - On the negative side, Hyderabad is also quite famous for surrogate motherhood. There seem to be a lot of "fertility clinics" that popped up in recent years. Again, people come in from all over the world for that. There was also a documentary made by Al Jazeera on this.
 Even the bland arab food has become spicy lol
I wonder if surrogacy is really something negative? As long as its not genetic surrogacy but gestational surrogacy i don't think there is anything wrong in it.
about the spicy arab food ....lol!! thats so true......we love the mandi! And about anyone surpassing your hyderabadi propoganda.......don't think thats possible for anyone to propogate any place like that Cheesy. 'propogate it like akhan' we shall call it.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2012 05:58 PM »

The Fiqh Council of the Muslim World League issued a fatwa that surrogacy, whether genetic or gestational are not permissible. The Dean of Medicine at Al Azhar also said the same.

about the spicy arab food ....lol!! thats so true......we love the mandi!
Where did you get it from? I might try out your favorite restaurant, that is if I haven't already Wink

Wait till I get to Saudi, Saudi propaganda will trump Hyderabad inshallah Grin
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2012 02:49 AM »

Wow! Hydebarad is No. 3!!! That is a real big deal.

Yep, there are Somali Americans or American Somalis depending on how one defines it.  I also now of former colleagues who settled their families in India.  But, this is first "Hydebaradi" Somalis I met. The lady's email address is firstnameheydebarad@yahoo.com!!!

Be careful, you might have a Madinat invasion! We might land without warning.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2012 07:04 AM »

U know just on the basis of all the issues involved...it's probably best it's not allowed in Islam. Although there's no doubt I feel extremely sad for women who cannot have children. Even adoption is soooo difficult Sad
ruhee
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
ruhee has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Oct 26, 2012 07:38 AM »

Hyderabad

Christchurch

I can't believe it- someone other than akhan started this topic and hyderabad made it in the top 10- what is the criteria? I guess as a tourist it would be the top indian city -especially in terms of hygiene!

And akhan- Christchurch is in NZ  Wink

akhan
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2012 08:17 AM »

Be careful, you might have a Madinat invasion! We might land without warning.
I wish Smiley

ruhee, I know Christchurch is in NZ but Hyderabad trumped it, so I'd rather stay here Grin

About surrogacy, I think its a matter of time for it to become legalized islamically. There's already a minority opinion that considers it similar to suckling someone else's child. I think time will turn that into the majority opinion and those who oppose it will become extremist Wahhabis Tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: