// Original Drama Shorts - 2. My Jihad
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer.” Muhammad Ali quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Original Drama Shorts - 2. My Jihad  (Read 513 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 12, 2014 06:23 PM »

OMG u guys need to watch this!!

When Nazir and Fahmida clash at a speed dating night they couldn't be more different. Can a chance meeting on the bus home lead to a potentially beautiful friendship?

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2014 06:59 PM »

BBC Iplayer is only available in the UK :-(((
kungfupanda
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2014 07:46 PM »

He doesn't even have a Oyster Card!
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2014 08:01 PM »

yup we can't watch it here Sis J...

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
kungfupanda
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2014 08:06 PM »

I wont bother watching it. There wasn't even any fighting.

They could have made a fight scene where he beats that drunk up on the bus. Or one where he losses his Oystercard because he gets mugged by the homeless man.

You know I found that lady tp be really stuck up.
So much so I would think the fact she has a son would be the last of her worries when it comes to finding a husband.
I mean, who would ever consider marrying someone so rude?
Loads of guys are happy to marry someone with kids. No one someone so rude and stuck up.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2014 12:48 PM »

Awww that's too bad you guys can't watch it.  It's just a beautiful little short-film. Really loved it!! I looked for it on youtube but it's not on there yet...
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2014 05:53 PM »

That was a really sweet film wasn't it?

An awakening in the space of an evening.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2014 06:48 PM »

Seriously I've watched that 3 or 4 times and think it's just a beautiful story. A chance meeting and both look beyond the obvious impediments between them.  smitten

SPOILER:
The one thing I don't get...

How'd he get on the bus the second time if he didn't have any money!!
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2014 07:09 PM »

Yes I noticed that too, then decided to let the director have artistic license.

I really liked that they pulled in Islamic aspects in their conversation.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2014 11:19 PM »

SPOILER:

Ok the funniest thing is that the guy was asked this on his twitter and he said the girl gave him a 5 pound note and then she said to keep the change, so he used the other half for the other bus ticket, lol!
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2014 12:12 AM »

you're following this on twitter, you are so funny!!! lol

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Mar 25, 2014 04:24 PM »

Shahida
Sis

Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2014 08:54 AM »

"do you straighten your own hair?" hahahahaha Cant believe she asked that!
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2014 08:01 PM »

"How will you support a wife?", "With love" - really?

The film reminds me of an incident that happened a few years ago.

There was this girl who was going to get married right after high school coz she thought love will sustain the marriage. I told her to go to college because just love won't be enough. Next, she tells me "you're so sweet!" and then asks me "are you a virgin?" Cheesy
Shahida
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2014 08:19 PM »

Jannah, thanks for posting this, i have watched it twice...really enjoy it.

Its latin for loser repellent...hehehe

Akhan :-0 she asked what??? We'll have to find a good girl for you, left to your own devices, mm, i fear you might end up with someone who asks such questions!! Hehe.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2014 08:41 PM »

haha glad you guys enjoyed it.... thought it was a great little youtube video... shahida i was entranced with that guys hair too lol don't u always wonder if guys condition their long hair?

akhan a girl asked that!? wow...

Shahida
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2014 09:44 PM »

Sis. J, haha, i wonder this all the time. I would never dare to ask, lol.

When she asked, i was like, subhanAllah, how funny!!! Made me LOL. Then I got these images of his mother with a straightening iron, doing his hair...

There was a boy in my class at uni, he had the best beard I have ever seen, i was always tempted to just ask how he kept it so mashaAllah...oh well, maybe I should just go for it next time I have an itch to ask something. If akhans girl is anything to go by... Lol, just kidding.

I found it a bit cruel how she went at him in the bus tho...i cant imagine a sister doing that?! Shame, poor guy. Turned out good tho, mashaAllah.
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2014 02:36 AM »

Beautiful story, with a nice ending … thought the niqab piece was really funny and creative wub

Jazaka` Allah Khayr for sharing twothumbsup

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2014 02:28 PM »

Akhan :-0 she asked what??? We'll have to find a good girl for you, left to your own devices, mm, i fear you might end up with someone who asks such questions!! Hehe.
I can find my own thanks Smiley
But, she was a tad crazy for sure. Thankfully, once our business was done, she didn't bother proposing to me.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 05:01 PM »

Lol everyone I showed this to here loved it! They wish it was a series or romantic comedy movie!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: