// Call the Midwife
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Call the Midwife  (Read 622 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 28, 2012 12:54 AM »

Salam

Need something new to watch after Downton ends. This is playing on PBS currently. Saw the first episode it's pretty great! The only thing is it'll put u off childbirth lol.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2012 11:45 AM »

It's a fun series, gentle & empowering all at the same time.

It was very popular when it came out last year.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2012 04:28 PM »

I didn't watch it but it had higher viewing figures in the UK than Downton Abbey and was a critical success.  It's been described as a love letter to the NHS.  And you know us Brits are proud of our NHS *Olympics flashback of dancing nurses and kids bouncing on beds*

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2012 09:05 PM »

Yeah I like it! It does remind me of those old movies set in 1950s America! Very historical and explores many societal issues too. It is very sad at times though, definitely not the escape a period drama is!!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2013 12:07 PM »

Nice article giving the background about Call the Midwife.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-01-20/call-the-midwife-jessica-raine-talks-babies-births-and-being-in-doctor-who

Series 2 started last night in the UK. Very difficult subjects it tackles but in a great way. Love the memoirs format...
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2013 03:30 PM »

You can watch Django Unchained.

lol

lol

lol
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2013 11:54 AM »

Did anyone see last night's season finale!! What a great way to wrap everything up. So beautiful *sniff  This show never fails to make me cry every episode!!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2013 12:03 PM »

I havent watched it yet, I watch it monday evenigns after my girlies are tucked up in bed....will come join you with a box of tissues and comfort chocolates once I have watched it.

I love love love this programme, its gentle and sweet and clean.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: