Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to surround myself with fellow Muslims  (Read 805 times)
SlaveOfAllah
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
SlaveOfAllah has no influence :(

« on: Nov 04, 2012 07:22 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Ta'Ala Wa Barakatuhu

I need to be surrounded by other Muslims rather than non-muslims but that's really hard. The mosque is about 20 mins away from where I live and even the Muslims I do know at school seem to be fitting in with the others. This is what causing me to have a weak Imaan. Any advice is appreciated.

Jazakallahu Khairun

Asalaamu Alaikum
                             -SerigneBabs99
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2012 06:17 AM »

Wa Alaikum As Salaam Wa Rahmatullahi Ta'Ala Wa Barakatuhu,

The first thing you have to do is ask Allah to guide you and aid you in the path to increase your Iman, and to remove the obstacles (both external and internal) that prevent you from that goal.

I don't know anything about where you live, but my general advice is you just have to make time - make it a priority. (I knew this family that used to make a 45 minute drive to masjid every Jumah!) Maybe on the weekends you can go to the masjid. If it is an active community, they might have programs and you can meet other Muslims. Make sure it is a positive environment, though. Some communities have so much drama they can drain your Iman.

If that is just not feasible, then maybe try planning to attend an Islamic conference/workshop if they are held in your region. They can be great for Iman building and meeting other Muslims.

Another resource of course is the internet. There are tons of motivating lectures and articles that help with increasing your Iman.

May Allah help you increase your Iman Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: