Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

To biryani, or not to biryani.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eid at School!  (Read 563 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Oct 24, 2012 09:27 PM »

Salam!

So I'm really excited to have gotten together the Muslims at my school to celebrate Eid! We're going to be praying together and having a dinner, and we'll see if we can apply for a religious 'free day'. I'm going to be handing out some sweets and cards in our dorms and to the faculty and maintenance, and overall I think that we're going to have a nice day.

I'm going to be sending out an email (we're a closely knit community so we send mass emails to one another when we want to announce something or ask something) about Eid. And next week we're going to do a presentation during assembly about Eid.

Do you guys know of any nice, well made videos about Eid al Adha? Do you have any ideas what else we could do? (other than dressing up and giving presents?)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 25, 2012 04:21 AM »

wsalam,

That sounds pretty awesome Nature!! What you're doing is pretty good so far Smiley

I kinda like this guy's video about What is Eid  U could try looking around some more on youtube about something more professional like!

Happy Eid!! What is Eid and why do Muslims celebrate it?
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2012 03:13 AM »

Great job Sis Nature!

Really great to hear that you are putting a presentation together - myself, along with my cousin and Turkish brother, once did a presentation on Ramadan at our Christian school in a chapel, felt really nice, since we were the minority, not to mention at a Christian-affiliated school.

That seems like a good video that Sis J has passed along - I'm guessing you know what you are going to say during the presentation and that each of you have a sub-topic to talk about.

Just wanted to wish you the best and do share how things went when you get a chance!

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2012 04:21 PM »

Alhamdulillah, Eid was such a success and such a lovely day!

Here's how it went. Of course Eid starts the day BEFORE with all the preparations-I managed to change my sheets, iron my clothes, set out sweets in my room etc just like I would back home. Then the Muslim girls had a brilliant and wacky night writing cards to everyone together in the dayroom and scrambling around to find enough chocolate to give to all the students and finding a volunteer in each dorm to give it out early in the morning.

So I slept late (again) and then I woke early to put everyone's card outside their room before they woke. Eid is best in the morning....I felt so happy getting up in the dark and showering and getting dressed and stuff, it was so nice saying Eid Mubarak early in the morning! Then I had classes, but everyone was saying Eid Mubarak to us! Then we had Eid prayer together during break.

I spent the rest of the day talking to my family and helping the Muslim family on campus cook- then at 6 we all had dinner together (yay meat!) which was the highlight of the day for me, as we all wore our national costumes and had a great evening.

I was happy that we all came together. Muslims on campus this year are very...separated, especially by region. Most of them are non practicing or not religious, so they don't meld with one another and feel uncomfortable speaking about Islam, or talking to obviously religious people. This was an occasion where we came together and saw just how big a community we are!

Its strange actually...coming to an international school it's the first time for me to see such obvious divides that ive only ever heard you guys talking about online.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2012 09:07 PM »

grinning Wow!! That all sounds so great Smiley I soooo want to go back to college right now!! Such good times Smiley Smiley Post some pics up of ur yummy food if u have any!!!
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2012 07:41 PM »

Its nice to hear everything went well Smiley

Good luck for all your future endeavors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: