Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy. - Jalaluddin al-Rumi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding research project on religious diversity in the USA.  (Read 340 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 21, 2012 03:44 AM »

If you're in the US and Muslim, please help her out:

Dear Jannah Organization,

My name is Anne Mark Nielsen. I am a postdoctoral visiting fellow at Yale University, connected to the “Religion, Politics and Society initiative” (http://www.yale.edu/macmillan/rps/people.html).

I am carrying out a two-year research project in which I compare the ability of states and societies to accommodate religious pluralism and safeguard religious minorities in, respectively, Denmark and the USA. In this relation, I am conducting a survey among Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs in both countries to learn more about the experiences; needs and concerns among citizens adhering to these particular religions. The survey takes 5-10 minutes to fill out and concerns various issues from how well people feel their right to religion is safeguarded to level of experienced discrimination to whether people can get leave on their specific religious holidays and so forth. The full survey can be viewed through this link: http://ReligiousDiversityinAmerica.questionpro.com

I write this email to kindly ask your help in making people aware of the existence of the survey. I am spreading awareness of the survey through Facebook, but it has proved less efficient than I expected. The more people I get to respond to the survey the clearer a picture I will get of the opinions, needs and concerns existing. I am therefore hoping you will be so kind to help me make people aware of the survey by perhaps sending an email to your members about it, or putting a short mention of it in a newsletter, or the like. I have written a short presentation of the survey below that can be used in case you would like to help me spread knowledge of the survey. Thank you very much in beforehand.

Best regards,

Anne Mark Nielsen, Ph.D.

Postdoctoral Visiting Fellow

The MacMillan Center initiative on Religion, Politics and Society

Yale University

202-492-8290

anne.nielsen@yale.edu

Short description:

'Religious Diversity in America' is a survey carried out among American Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus and Sikhs. The survey forms part of a 2-year postdoctoral research project at Yale University carried out by Anne Mark Nielsen, PhD. (See http://www.yale.edu/macmillan/rps/people.html).

The overall aim with the research project is to compare Denmark and the USA in terms of how well these countries handle religious pluralism and safeguard religious minorities.

A crucial part of the project is to gain insight into the needs and concerns among religious minorities living in the USA, which is the reason for the survey (a similar survey is being done in Denmark). For the comparative purpose of this study and, thus, for methodological reasons, the study includes and delimits itself to: Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, and Sikhs.

Please take the survey if you:

1) Live in the USA, and

2) Adheres to Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, or Sikhism.

Thank you for your time and for sharing your experiences, thoughts, and opinions.

Direct link to the survey: http://ReligiousDiversityinAmerica.questionpro.com/

See also its Facebook page to learn more on which there is a link to the survey: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Religious-Diversity-in-America/160617764082609

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me at: anne.nielsen@yale.edu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: