Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Among the marks of Allah's wrath against a servant is that He makes him busy with that which is of no concern to him." - al-Junayd
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: opnion needed- Jscript or VBScript for plain old .bat files?  (Read 412 times)
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« on: Nov 27, 2012 05:32 PM »

Assalamo elikuim

Which one do you guys/girls prefer and why?

I used to write my automation scripts in perl but the servers that I am working now on are Windows and come with WSH therefore only option is either VBscritp or Jscript or .bat fiel -cant get  perl environment/libraries etc on those server since it will require lot of 'red tape' .
As I am equally bad in all three SmileySmiley (just wrote few basic scripts) which one would be better to invest time in ?

Jazak Allah khair
tq
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2012 09:42 AM »

wsalam,

wow most geeky thread we've had in ages!!! luuuvv   student  i have to say almost all the madina boards we've had were written in perl, so thats what i know the most out of the three and it's so versatile and there's so much out there. i do love it (most of the time when it works!!) Jscript will be hard for you to get to work across different platforms I think. VBscript I've heard is easy to program in. So not sure!! Maybe VBscript and if it works for you keep going!!
tq
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2012 05:08 PM »

aa
wow most geeky thread we've had in ages!!! luuuvv     

Ha ha , yes its almost as much fun as the sher-e-zaat thread Wink Smiley

how about PowerShell?

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2012 07:04 AM »

Hmm never tried power shell!! Are u sysadmin somewhere? I never knew this!!
tq
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2012 08:40 PM »

AA
I just came to know about it too:) based on little research , its like bash scripting for Windows platform- correct me if I am worng anyone.

No I am not admin, may be when I grow up then one day Smiley

I am in database though.

Wasalam
tq
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: