Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

A dua on both your houses.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: One pound fish!!  (Read 1438 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 28, 2012 09:08 AM »

This is hilarious. I wonder where this fish market is!!?

One 1 Pound Fish, Queens Market, Upton Park, London E13

Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2012 09:17 AM »

Sis, you need to get to Upton Park on District Line on the tube. It's literally 2 min walk outside the station. It's on the 'desi' famous Green Street which has all the Asian clothes & jewellery shops.
The Market has other bits & bobs, fruit & veg, hijabs, abayas, costume jewellery etc.

Ps. Haven't watched the video though.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2012 09:21 AM »

This is Queens market at upton park. Green street basically.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2012 09:22 AM »

apparently dude has been offered a record contract!!!!! Cheesy

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2012 09:44 AM »

Green Street!!! That's our next sisters trip iA. Cinders u have to come!! I've heard you're real good with the negotiating prices with the desi shop owners!! Smiley

PS I love when u guys say "bits and bobs" it's so whimsical!!
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2012 10:19 AM »

Oh I've seen him in real life, and thought he was rather strange. Just watched the video.

Ok, Green St is achievable for me. So next time you wanna meet up, let me know In Sha Allah. I usually tend to stay away, cos I actually love it, & I tend to have a shopping habit which I'm trying to curb. Wink

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2012 11:20 AM »

does he really sell fish for a pound tho?

And what weight and what sort?

I am in pound shop mode!

peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2012 01:06 PM »

This is hilarious!! Cheesy Cheesy esp towards the end when he changed his tune from pop to tragic hindi song  Cheesy
but Allah ....it takes courage to do this in the middle of a market. However strange that guy is....since he is not demented i will call him courageous.....
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2012 08:23 AM »

I would think it would be a good business plan to launch a nationwide business called 'One pound fish' and train all his workers to sing the song! But a record deal?? really..? Don't think that'll last very long!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2012 10:14 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ahh, Green street, my extended family a big fan of that..especially in the old days...I think I may have been there when I was younger, but not during any of my recent trips.

That was, as you Brits say - (is Jannah British yet?  Grin Wink ) BRILLIANT!

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2012 11:48 AM »

Yikes!! Someone sent me the professional video of the one pound fish guy!! I'll just describe it so you guys don't have to hurt your eyes!! lol Basically they tried to slick him up in a suit and gelled back hair and gave him all these beautiful background dancers in skimpy clothes. And they dance around with plastic fish and stuff.  Shocked Shocked So far has 4 million hits! I think they were trying to make it a Gagnam style kind of phenomenon so invested in it!
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2012 11:51 AM »

seeeeeee I told you hje had a record deal...and you didnt believe me!!!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2012 12:00 PM »

ahahha I still don't believe it after seeing it!! *my eyes* myeyes!!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2012 02:31 PM »

Thanks for the description Sis J!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

BABA
 desibro

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2012 10:53 PM »

Update: My british cousin posted it on facebook - I was expecting the girls were going to be dressed more scantily than they were, after Sis J's comment, but I was thinking about the "my eyes my eyes" comment as I watched lol.

BABA
 desibro

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2012 04:00 AM »

Interview with the man himself on Al Jazeera -
'One pound fish' perches on top of UK chart

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2012 11:49 AM »

Uhhh "more scantily clad" lol ok bro....

Yesterday I heard two kids walking on the sidewalk under my window singing this song1!!!! NO JOKe!!!! I was like WHAT THE.... and they knew all the words !!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2012 01:16 PM »

Oh it made me cringe. I can't even watch the interview that Br WCoastbaba has posted. Sad

Cinders

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2012 01:31 PM »

This is amusingly fantastic.  

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2012 01:42 PM »

haha sorry Sis J - I just meant it sounded from your comment, worse than it actually was.

Yeah, the song is annoying after a few views.

BABA
 desibro

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2012 07:51 PM »

I'm with sis Cinders that interview was toe curlingly embarrassing!

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2012 08:07 PM »

Oh. My. Giddy. Aunt!

Just saw the video, one word H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S!

The two girls dancing behind him seem a tad embarrassed and kind of 'What the...'?!'

It's very pussy cat dolls ft AR Rahman in jai ho isn't it? Perhaps white folk think that's the typical bollywoodesque dance song thing lol?Huh??

What I wanna know is why is he trying to sell fish to 'laydies' don't blokes want to buy fish then?

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #22 on: Dec 22, 2012 12:49 AM »

Agreed Aunty - though you ladies do the food shopping mostly, but I think we all know that's more appealing - given the fact he's a guy - maybe if a girl was singing, she's be "Come on, boys, 1 pound fish" *insert seductive voice here* Wink

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #23 on: Dec 22, 2012 06:19 AM »

Ewww

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #24 on: Dec 22, 2012 01:53 PM »

lol sorry Aunty! Just being silly. Maaf kigiye.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: