Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bath?  (Read 449 times)
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« on: Dec 08, 2012 08:29 PM »

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/bathing-ottoman-style.aspx?pageID=238&nID=36348&NewsCatID=438

Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2012 10:02 PM »

I find it pretty creepy that the traditional baths had everyone together naked, especially as I think there's a Hadith that specifically forbade this?

Anyways, there still is very much a tradition of women getting together in 'coiffures' in Sudan - all the women go there weekly to have their henna done ( if you're married you dye the tips of your fingers and toes and the soles of your feet, if there's a fancy occasion you have designs added) their hair taken care of etc - it's pretty awesome to be there, with loads of women of all ages and sizes putting their feet up and gossiping and relaxing.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2012 06:31 AM »

I find it pretty creepy that the traditional baths had everyone together naked
Couldn't agree more.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2012 09:31 AM »

Umm r u sure they were all nekkid? Lol ? I've been to the traditional baths in the Middle East for ladies only. Like real ones that come from springs n things and the ladies wear bathing suits or straight up clothes like pants n t_shirts. Also awrah for women w women is navel to knees, so they could be uncovered a little maybe in the pics/paintings u saw?
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2012 10:12 AM »

Not much one can do if the communal baths were the ony way to have a bath.

I would also imagine there'd be an unspoken etiquette of how one behaved & where one looked.

I was once utterly traumatised by an woman in the female changing rooms at our local swimming baths..... Oh my eyes!

The pictures did show the women covered between navel and ankle. Which frankly I wish women would maintain at the swimming pool!

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2012 03:39 PM »

In the modern day people cover up, and I would've assumed that they did so traditionally as well. It's just that the article pretty much says in gory detail that "all the women were stark naked".  Huh?
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2012 04:39 PM »

I think she meant being not as covered as usual. Not starkers.

But you could be right.

I guess if one had no choice, there would surely be an etiquette to follow during a hamam.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: