Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 18, 2014 09:29 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pieces of a Dream  (Read 790 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Jan 03, 2013 06:31 PM »

Hope that I posted this in the right place! It's a fictional story of several parts, about a non-Muslim veteran's encounter with Islam, written on MuslimMatters - I thought it was kinda cool! Read it and share thoughts?

http://muslimmatters.org/2012/12/06/pieces-of-a-dream/
imaazh
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 17
imaazh has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2013 04:13 AM »

I loved the story.  I read all the parts in one sitting, though sometimes had to go back and re-read some paragraphs.    I especially liked the way Khadija responded when Louis moved to hold her hand, she did it with such dignity and grace.    Also loved the way the author addresesed a lot of misconceptions with very few words. 
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2013 05:50 PM »

Wow wow wow. Very good writing but like most of the comments there would really have to know what happened. Did Louis embrace islam?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2013 08:04 PM »

salam,

That was really cute. I liked reading it too. Never knew br Wael was a story writer!!
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2013 09:54 AM »

Asslaamualikum,

Thankfully it was a relatively shorter story,so did not take much time to read.
Well written,but did not elaborate much of Loui's reflections and ideas after he gets in touch with the Quran.
And hmm...he was basically 'attracted' to Khadija right?So it was not exactly Islam he got attracted to in the first place,considering he did live in an Islamic country before...  May be the author wanted to suggest that people get hidayah only when Allah wants them to?

All in all,a vague ending,but a good read.
Nature
Sis

Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2013 06:59 PM »

http://muslimmatters.org/2013/01/10/the-deal-part-1-the-run/

The author is writing a second series, called "The Deal".

AAHH it's SO good you MUST read it. It's honestly just awesome, I'm loving it so much.

P.s. read this if you want hints at what happened to Louis!
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2013 07:49 PM »

I've been following this I can't wait for part 5. I now have something to look forward to every week.
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2013 06:14 AM »

I kind of like this story more....interesting.Surely a good read
Nature
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2014 05:02 AM »

Assalamu alaikum!

The sequels are up!

"A Lion is Born" - directly picks up where "Pieces of a Dream" left off.

http://muslimmatters.org/2014/01/08/lion-born-part-1-life-lifelessness/

"Kill the Courier" - directly picks up where "The Deal" left off.

http://muslimmatters.org/2014/02/12/kill-courier-part-1-hiding-plain-sight/
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2014 03:51 PM »

I am a huge fan of his stories...

Kill the courier is by far the best so far, it is worth the read.  I very much enjoyed a lion is born...but the mix of suspense and story line in the new series is awesome! MashaAllah.

Even though it is agonising to wait another week for some more.  He has mad talent mashaAllah, i would buy his books, when he gets to publish them!!

Wasalam
S.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: