Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wealthy Indian spends £14,000 on a shirt made of GOLD to impress the ladies (and  (Read 804 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 05, 2013 11:33 AM »

O yeeeahhhh  Cheesy all u young guys looking to get married need to get one for the next matrimonial events :p  Grin

===============================
Wealthy Indian spends £14,000 on a shirt made of GOLD to impress the ladies (and if nothing else it means less ironing for them!)

It is often said that money can't buy love.

But trying telling that to a wealthy Indian man who splashed out £14,000 on a solid gold shirt in the hope it will attract female attention.

Money-lender Datta Phuge 32, from Pimpri-Chinchwad, commissioned the shirt which took a team of 15 goldsmiths two weeks to make working 16 hours a day creating and weaving the gold threads.

It comes complete with its own matching cuffs and a set of rings crafted from left-over gold.

'I know I am not the best looking man in the world but surely no woman could fail to be dazzled by this shirt?' he explained

'The gold shirt has been one of my dreams,' Mr Phuge told Indian newspaper the Pune Mirror.

'It will be an embellishment to my reputation as the ‘Gold man of Pimpri"' Mr Phuge said.

The gaudy shirt was assembled on a fabric base of imported white velvet, and comes with six Swarovski crystal buttons and an intricate belt, also made of gold.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257209/Wealthy-Indian-Datta-Phuge-spends-14-000-shirt-GOLD-impress-ladies.html#ixzz2H6FBALLq

rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2013 02:05 PM »

I actually feel sorry for this guy...
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2013 02:14 PM »

Seriously?
I really hope he finds someone who likes him for what he is,not for what he has.... Huh?
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2013 03:36 PM »

Curious, why'd you feel sorry for him?

He does not come across well from this article, unless he wants to marry a woman who wants his money.

Being an amazing human being should make it easy to get married.

He's a money lender, I don't like him from that detail alone.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2013 05:21 PM »

Does anyone have his contact? I can set him up with someone Wink
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2013 11:01 PM »

Curious, why'd you feel sorry for him?

Well...because he's kinda pathetic.  I mean, he's putting his faith in gold (i.e. money). 
A gold shirt is only going to attract the worst kind of woman.
Does he really think such a woman is going to make him happy?
It's as though he doesn't know what's really important in life...
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2013 02:09 AM »

If he marries a woman whose attraction to him is based on that shirt, he will need to sleep with one eye open.  Presumably such a woman will already have made plans on how to spend that wealth,  and those plans probably will not include him!
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2013 11:56 AM »

the thing is desi girls, muslim and nonmuslim, actually dig this kind of thing; and even if they don't, their parents do...
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2013 02:08 PM »

It sounds like he just wanted to become really famous. Can we blame him or 1 pound fish guy? lol He probably does not realize the problems and downside of fame.
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2013 03:13 PM »

the thing is desi girls, muslim and nonmuslim, actually dig this kind of thing; and even if they don't, their parents do...
Spot on dude.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2013 04:16 PM »

If he's reached his thirties and is that rich and still unmarried in India, there must be something MAJOR wrong with him.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2013 05:28 PM »

If he's reached his thirties and is that rich and still unmarried in India, there must be something MAJOR wrong with him.

Not always true..don't know if it is about desi men or men in general.

But men who are that rich think they deserve the most beautiful girl (or sometimes a girl from a politically powerful/influential family) and tend to be choosy(no matter how good or bad they themselves are).They need a sea of girls to pick from.

Pathetic.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2013 07:35 PM »

That's a good point.

Actually I heard of a guy who wanted a beautiful, educated, young, UK passport holding girl, from an amazing family.
He himself had none of the above (prolly came from a good family). And dude had A.T.I.T.U.D.E, he was blind to the fact that he wouldn't have chosen himself had he been a prospective girl.

Once read an anecdote, which went like, once a man was looking for the perfect woman for a wife, unfortunately when he met the perfect woman she was looking for the perfect man! Cheesy

akhan
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2013 01:51 AM »

Once read an anecdote, which went like, once a man was looking for the perfect woman for a wife, unfortunately when he met the perfect woman she was looking for the perfect man! Cheesy
Cheesy

Actually I heard of a guy who wanted a beautiful, educated, young, UK passport holding girl, from an amazing family.
He himself had none of the above (prolly came from a good family). And dude had A.T.I.T.U.D.E, he was blind to the fact that he wouldn't have chosen himself had he been a prospective girl.
That's the majority, I'm surprised you heard only of one guy like that.
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2013 05:22 AM »

That's a good point.

ok, so you met one of the guys on the madina board.  it wasn't me was it?   akhan?
akhan
Bro

« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2013 07:10 AM »

hehehe..wasn't me lucid. I'm happy with my Indian passport, western passports have stupid tax burdens that come with them.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2013 07:22 AM »

I've been sheltered from all that thankfully.

I was quite surprised, especially given the fact the guy was not in the least bit nice about his choices either.

Its fine having preferences in a future spouse, but being rude about everyone who is not what he wanted in the most derorgatory terms, did nothing to endear him to anyone....he's still single as far as I know.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: