Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This Woman Charges $1 a Minute to Cuddle You  (Read 202 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 12, 2013 03:27 PM »

Uhhh wow... U guys have to click on the link to see the pics. What do u guys think?

=========

This Woman Charges $1 a Minute to Cuddle You http://firsttoknow.com/this-woman-charges-1-a-minute-to-cuddle-you/

This is Jackie Samuel, a  29-year-old New York grad student who charges $1 a minute to cuddle with people. Men and women. At her home. Which she calls “The Snuggery.”

Yes, this is for real, it’s getting major media attention, and it’s all perfectly legal. For now.

Samuel told the Henrietta Post that she informally cuddled for cash years ago, but launched the more official company at the end of her spring semester. The reason, of course, is to help pay the bills for her and her son while she studies social work in the Masters program at the University of Rochester.

The payout? According to The Daily Mail, she scores around $260 a day from people snuggling alongside her. Cuddlers are fully clothed. sometimes napping, sometimes just resting, and nothing sexual takes place. Doing the rough math (assuming she works 5-days a week, 52 weeks a year, and not excluding holidays), she could take  in approximately $67,600 annually. Not bad for a little nap time.

Samuel did try to make her business official, explaining to CNN, ”I need some kind of certification or license that says I’m a certified cuddler, but I couldn’t find anybody else who was doing what I was doing.” But, as Business Insider noted, certified cuddling isn’t a thing you can get a license for, so she’s doing it anyway. And, things are going very well.

“Since July, things have expanded,” the BI article states. “Samuel has offered new services, like reading bedtime stories, and hired a red-headed associate named Colleen.” However, at this stage Colleen can only participate in ”double cuddle” sessions with Samuels, which cost $2 a minute.

“I think clients come to me for all different kinds of reasons,” Samuel told the Daily Mail. “Some of my older clients, their wives have passed away, and they just need someone to be with, like someone to experience touch with. Some of the younger clients are between relationships, some are in problematic relationships, and some people are just really curious and they come to just find out what it’s going to be like.”

That said, not everyone is supportive when they learn about her current occupation.

“Some have said I am worse than a prostitute because they think snuggling is more intimate than sex. I’ve been told I’m monetizing love.”

People’s opinions aside, legally this is not prostitution, which is the act of offering one’s self for hire to engage in sexual relations. Samuel makes it clear on her website and in person that sexual activity is not permitted, and states that clients must wear clothing and can’t touch body parts covered by underwear. Still, with all the media attention she’s been getting lately, it’s only a matter of time before the state steps in to make sure her home business is really above board.

Until then, Samuel shall hug on. As he said, “I think I was born knowing how to snuggle. Snuggling is healthy, spiritual and fun.”

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2013 06:12 PM »

I saw this quite some time ago. It's weird but considering that western society is quite cut off from family or at least it appears to me that it is, so maybe people need to cuddle to somebody Tongue
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2013 10:37 PM »

Yeah quite a testament to our lives and times isn't it!!
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2013 01:49 AM »

Looks like a pretty lucrative business if you ask me, that is if you're non muslim and have no moral values. Earn money while practically doing nothing. This also seems to be testament to the misery in the west, that everyone tries to make money out of everything, human values seem to be dead. Like family or friends or people don't matter no more, it's just money money money all the way.

Btw, as a footnote, it won't be just the west in the future. We're catching up pretty quick. Slowly, we're shifting from subsidies to something like the social security system. I consider that to be the first step to life becoming difficult here. Morality and other things are going down too, that too just within a generation. My stepmum was shocked to hear stories of what tactics my generation is resorting to to trick parents and do 'things' that are wrong.

May Allah protect us and our forthcoming generations from all evil.

Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2013 09:43 PM »

My stepmum was shocked to hear stories of what tactics my generation is resorting to to trick parents and do 'things' that are wrong.

Tell us more

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2013 11:44 PM »

My stepmum was shocked to hear stories of what tactics my generation is resorting to to trick parents and do 'things' that are wrong.

Tell us more

I'm assuming stuff like dating, partying, drugs - unfortunately I saw the same thing happening in my Muslim country when I was leaving - societal control was very much decreased, you don't know all your neighbors and have a community like you used to, so people simply don't take care of one another any more. Sad Satellite tv has its influences now as well.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2013 06:21 AM »

Tell us more

Hahaha..worried about your children sis?

Like Nature said, dating, partying, drugs, going to prostitutes, getting involved in crime(a friend of mine has become a full fledged criminal, he's involved in murders, robberies, extortion and Allah knows what else)..pretty much everything is included. Parents are easy to deceive, unless they get up and acknowledge the fact that them keeping quiet(or getting angry) about certain things won't help prevent the children from going astray.

I donno how parents do it in the west but here, they're only there to yell and get angry and forbid children from everything. As if kids can sit with their books all day long. When I finished high school, I had a six month break before college started and my dad wanted me to go some personality development class. I refused and spent my time playing sports so he got pissed and later on sent my brother an email saying he was disappointed with me. Right after I graduated from college, I was offered a job as a trainer for that same class lol (Take that Baba!) Grin

Our parents think that we're useless and hopeless and will remain so unless we listen to their commands, which are outdated anyway Tongue Because of that mindset, they also "think" that we don't hear/see bad stuff going on outside the home. I don't know how they think school won't teach us "things" that they won't talk about. Always getting angry at everything will only cut off children. It's best they talk to the parents instead of somebody else. There are things that children should know, from an islamic perspective. For example, when I was high school I got hold of a book on marital relations in islam. One day my dad happened to find it and went all "astaghfirullah!" on me. It was silly, considering that I learnt stuff in biology class two years before that, and through schoolmates, 4-5 years before that Cheesy I was only looking for what was islamically sanctioned and that was wrong, apparently...hmph! If you explain properly, children will listen and understand, they're not the fools that parents think they are.

I'm assuming stuff like dating, partying, drugs - unfortunately I saw the same thing happening in my Muslim country when I was leaving - societal control was very much decreased, you don't know all your neighbors and have a community like you used to, so people simply don't take care of one another any more. Sad Satellite tv has its influences now as well.
I don't think about it that way. I mean, parents should take care of their kids before the neighbours. What use is a neighbour telling you he saw your kid doing this and that. The kid's already gotten involved in that, right? Parents must explain to their kids what's right and what's not and why it is like that. Kids are not kids anymore, they're grown up when they're 3-4 years old these days. If they can be subjected to interviews for admission to kindergarten, they can understand other things as well. The world is not the same as it was in the 50s and 60s.
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2013 02:38 AM »

It's true that parents should be responsible for and to their children before anyone else - but what I mean is that back in the day no one would dream of ever doing anything wrong because the whole world would know - my mom describes it by saying that everyone was communally responsible for each other, it was like one big family - if the neighbor caught, for example, boys stealing from a garden, then he would be punish them just as their parents might. Of course now things are different (and its probably better that we're not all over each other's business) but sometimes I think that it's sad that people don't know each other as they used to.

And it's TRUE that kids are much older much faster now. Parents should definitely realize that, especially in terms of what akhan said about how his dad 'went all astaghfirullah on him' - it's true, kids know and learn a LOT more a LOT faster and they should be able to speak to their parents, rather than knowing that they can't talk because their parents will just be horrified.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2013 05:35 PM »

I second akhan's sentiments - parents are so afraid or timid it seems. Just talk to your children about these issues. Thankfully, my abba was open when I hit puberty and I could always talk to him about things, not to mention he was a doctor. And now, with just Amma, I've been able to talk to her about such things in a mature way for the most part.

So instead of hearing things or communicating with parents, kids sneak around, depend on immature friends for advice and such and they get hurt and only then do they crawl back to their parents for security - instead of being angry and causing distance between themselves and their children, they should break the ice (sad to have to say this with parent and child) and establish a relationship of trust and honesty. It's ok to disagree, but at least you'll be aware of that and work on things.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2013 06:41 AM »

Not the worst thing. I actually can think of justone valid reason for this type of thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: