// Duas to prevent bad dreams
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Duas to prevent bad dreams  (Read 158 times)
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« on: Jan 16, 2013 05:19 AM »

Asslaamualaikum,

I have been having anxiety provoking,scary and negative kind of dreams lately.They are mostly connected to my day to day life.

I see negative things about few important decisions I have made.I know that bad dreams are from shaytaan and we should not pay attention to them.And this is no way to decide if my decisions are really correct or not.

But I am a little worried.

I did make it a point to say a prayer before going to bed specially asking Allah to grant me good sleep with good dreams in it.But I still saw a disturbing one today.I know this all sounds a little silly,but does that mean anything?
Am I having a weak imaan?Is Allah trying to indicate something(regarding my decisions)?But I also know that dreams are a product of our mind and thoughts.I am really confused and disturbed.

I will really appreciate all of your suggestions and opinions in this regard.Am I being unreasonable ?Any duas to prevent such events?Please help.

May Allah reward you good.Ameen.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2013 09:38 AM »

Coming from a non learned point of view, it sounds liek you're just super stressed.

I don't usually dream but over the past few days I've had really vivid and rather unpleasant dreams too. But I've currently got a lot on and I think I may be about to come down with tonsilitis.

Happens when you're over tired, are stressed or about to fall ill.

Bad dreams are meant to be from shaitaan and you should recite la hawla wal quwatta illa billa hil alliyul azeem, and turn over on the other side, also don't tell anyone what you dreamed.

Inshallah it will fade away.

I hate dreams that cling to you even after your awake and ruin your mood for the day Sad

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2013 12:39 PM »

Wsalam,

Before you sleep do you say Ayatul Kursi, the 3 Quls and do tasbeeh? Try that iA.

Also here's some things to do from Hadith after a bad dream. I also think you're not supposed to tell anyone the bad dream (unless they're a real interpreter or there's a reason).

Anxiety dreams are quite normal, sometimes they're just your thoughts and things like if you're planning a trip and you dream you forgot your passport. Could be useful too to remind yourself of things that you're scared of! So inshaAllah it will get better.

"So when one of you sees a dream which he does not like, he should spit on his left side three times, seek refuge with Allah from Shaitan thrice, and change the side which he was lying (Sahih Muslim) and in another narration in Muslim, Rasululllah (S) told us if we spit three times and seek refuge from Allah then it (the dream) will not harm them." (Sahih Muslim)

Rasululllah (S) also told us that if we saw a bad dream to "stand up and offer prayer." (Sahih Muslim)
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2013 05:27 PM »

Thank you sis Fozia ans sis J for your advice.

Hmm..I think I am indeed stressed out.
I guess I need to relax and take a break from my activities for a while.

Sis J I do recite the Ayatul Kursi ,3 Quls and Surah Fateha along with doing  tasbeeh.May be I should try doing it with more sincerity rather than as a routine.Thanks for reminding.

Bad dreams are meant to be from shaitaan and you should recite la hawla wal quwatta illa billa hil alliyul azeem, and turn over on the other side, also don't tell anyone what you dreamed.

"So when one of you sees a dream which he does not like, he should spit on his left side three times, seek refuge with Allah from Shaitan thrice, and change the side which he was lying (Sahih Muslim) and in another narration in Muslim, Rasululllah (S) told us if we spit three times and seek refuge from Allah then it (the dream) will not harm them." (Sahih Muslim)

I did follow this and InshaAllah I will be protected from any harm and may Allah protect all of us  from all kinds of evil but it does make my whole day dull and less fruitful.This has been going on since past week adding more to the stress. Sad

I really hope it goes away soon.Please make dua for me.

Thanks again Smiley Jazakumullahukhair

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: