Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Leadership: The Prophet said: 'On a journey, the leader of the group is their servant.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaqî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated NEW CHAT! :D  (Read 574 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 23, 2013 12:41 PM »

Salam,

Due to some upgrades and things we need to take chat down for awhile   :'( Sorry about this!! InshaAllah we'll be back up again soon with a different chat app once we find one that works!

Also might have to make the board members only while we work on some mods. So make sure u remember ur passwords lol   iphone
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2013 05:37 PM »

How long will "down for awhile" be?
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2013 06:22 PM »

Maybe a week or two. Basically the chat we're using now is killing the server, so have to find something else that we can use. Maybe something that connects to a different chat server like IRC.
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2013 06:24 PM »

okay
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2013 05:02 PM »

Salam,

K peeps I've installed a new chat that uses a different server. You should be able to click on the Chat link up there and use it.

Just login as guest, twitter or facebook if you like.

You don't have to create a chat roll account.

It saves the last 20 messages but unfortunately does not tell us who is in the chat unless you are actually IN THE CHAT!

CLICK on GUEST and then type in your USERNAME!!
to get started.
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Apr 19, 2013 05:30 AM »

OK, I don't get it...how can I use my Madina username....obviously using Twitter or Facebook will give away my identity :p...I don't understand the guest thing you mention....help a brotha' out...brain is mush/can't think lol.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013 07:42 AM »

Nevermind, figured it out...but yeah peeps are busy these days, so maybe less time to pop in....but don't give up on it yet!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013 06:53 PM »

Allrightey here's a new one!! It should be more friendly to mobile viewing. You can use the Chat link from the main menu or the one I put down there at the bottom. Also at the bottom of the main page is a mini window that shows who's online.

Once you're in chat if you click on settings you can enable sounds and choose 'save previous styles' to save that.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013 09:17 AM »

how does one login? I can't login through any of the options there, not even as a guest
Admin
Administrator

Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013 04:12 PM »

Salam, does it give u an error message? Are u using chrome? I tested it on firefox ie and safari.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013 07:23 PM »

wsalam
no, it doesn't give an error message and yea I use chrome
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013 05:31 AM »

Ok Just downloaded and tested on Chrome. Seems to work fine. BTW Chrome is mad fast!! I like!

So let's see... do u have flash enabled? javascript? do you have a firewall? do you have cookies enabled? Try going directly to http://www.chatwing.com/madinachat
akhan
Bro

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013 07:13 AM »

lol my popup blocker was blocking it
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013 10:23 PM »

Love the new chat and I've been using Chrome for awhile now, but as I've said before..the smiley's don't show up (only the names when you hover over them), so I would use Firfox when coming online here..but it's not safe anymore from what I've heard..in terms of security, etc. But for the most part, use Chrome still when logging on to the Madina.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: