// Marriage question
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Beware of extremism in religion, since those before you were only destroyed by extremism." - Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marriage question  (Read 162 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Feb 01, 2013 11:39 AM »

as salaam alaikom...i am muslim indian 55 married ,residing and working in saudi arabia last 22years with family , 1 son ,1 daughter married , 1 wife, living here with me...now i want to marry second wife and i got from usa.. she is muslim 30yrs unmarried ....now i am here to ask ...is it possible me to marry her as a second wife as per usa law?because my passport shows that i am married and my wife's name appear in spouse column....can she marry me inside usa/outside usa if she marry outside usa , law will accept our marriage,if not it means her spouse column will blank ...as unmarried...what should i do..accept her puposal ? because she wants to live in saudi arabia , and to takeout visa for her i have to marry and submit marriage certificate (attested by any sharia /govt authority and translate in arabic and attest by saudi embassy)...she also agree to marry outside usa but visa for her resident will be adress to saudi consulate in usa for endorsment...please guide me ,,how i come out legally.....thanks ...jazakallah.....ma as salaam......saleemson@hotmail.com

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2013 12:25 PM »

This is a legal question.
Cause she wants to live in Saudi Arabia with you, you need to ask someone who knows about Saudi law.
If you wanted to live in America then you would have to ask someone who knows about American Law.
And because you are a Indian citizen, and she will want to stay in Saudi as part of your visa, then you need to know about Indian law.

Ploygamy for Muslims is allowed under Indian law as part of the Mohummedan Marriage act.
But you already know this.
It is also allowed in Saudi Arabia.

Only two countries recognise polygamy carried out in another country while they don't allow it carried out i their own country.
That is UK and Australia. So the US government will never recognise your marriage to her while you are married to your first wife.
As you said, this isn't a green card marriage and she wants to live with you in Saudi. American law is not relevant. So the people you need to speak to are Saudi lawyers and visa services.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2013 01:04 PM »

to be recognised as a legal spouse in the States, you will need to register your marriage and if you show up as married already the US law is not going to allow that.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2013 01:05 PM »

you can marry her in Saudi and they'll recognise her as your leal spouse. Check with the the saudi marriage registry offices?

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2013 09:07 PM »

Or in India, and then applying for a Visa for her using the Indian Marriage to her?

But you know with stuff like this you really should be speaking to a Saudi lawyer not some random people on an internet forum?
Because you are a 55 year old Indian engaged to a 30 year old American as a second wife I suspect you can afford the services of a lawyer?
You should try not to be so stingy and make use of one. It will be much better for you in the long run.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: