Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Anyone who does not show mercy will not be shown mercy. Anyone who does not forgive will not be forgiven. Anyone who does not pardon will not be pardoned or protected." - Umar Ibn Al Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Signs of a Sound heart  (Read 3456 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 01, 2008 12:46 AM »

There are five things that constitute a sound heart (Qalb Saleem):

1. “A person is able to spend his wealth in the path of Allah (SWT).” i.e. having a giving nature
2. “A person is able to guide and instruct their family towards that which is the reality/the truth.”
What is ‘truth’? “To promote virtue and prohibit vice.”
3. “A person, his heart be in such a state that it is free from his carnal and base desires dominating his life.” i.e. Being the slave/servant of Allah, not a slave/servant of the nafs.
4. “A person, his heart if free from corrupted, distorted beliefs.”
5. “A person, his heart is free from everything else other than Allah (SWT).”

Initial steps to take to attain a pure heart:

To make Taubah (repentance). There are three general requirements when repenting:

1. To remove yourself from the sin that you are doing.
   2. Feel regret – Nadamat
   3. To make a resolution to never return to that sin.
   4. If you have wronged another human then there is a fourth condition which is to clear things up with that person and ask for forgiveness.

Symptoms of a sick heart:

-Making false gods
- Love of wealth
- Love for fame
- Love of fulfilling lustful desires
-False love for things

A few things to do in order to abstain from sin:

1. To be in the company of the Ahlullah.
2. Constantly remember Allah (SWT).
3. To be in public the same way you are in private.
4. To recite the Qur’an.
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008 07:52 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum

To recite the Qur’an

I remember when I was a kid and used to hear elders stress the importance of the Qur’an and the need to read and ponder over its verses. I never quite ‘got it’ at the time.

Over the years, however, you realize the impact Allah’s words can have you on you.

If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire…….a couple of Qur’ans (one in Arabic and one in your own language) and see what effect even reading a small number of verses *every* day does for you.

O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts,- and for those who believe, a guidance and a Mercy.[10:57]

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008 07:18 PM »

I say to you that you must either believe the Quran or deny it. Some people were given spiritual knowledge before the Quran was revealed. When the Quran is recited to them, they exclaim: 'Glory be to our Lord; his promise has been fulfilled.' They fall down on their faces, and weep; and as they listen to the Quran, their humility increases.

-Qur'an, Al-Isra, Surah 17:107-109

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008 08:02 PM »

Over the years, however, you realize the impact Allah’s words can have you on you.

So true. Also when I was younger I'd always be like why don't people read it in English they're not learning everything, it's just words! But really just listening to the Quran or reading it has some kind of secret spiritual benefit I think. Maybe it talks to the heart?

ws
maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008 12:17 PM »

salam
 yes it touches the heart esp if you read it along side its translation sis
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2008 04:29 AM »

Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaah

When I used to read the Quraan - reciting the Arabic without understanding the Arabic and due to that, reading a translation along with it, - doing this gave me one predominant feeling: fear, dread, and tears following that. Now - walhamdulillaah - I am able to read the Speech of my Rabb without any 'barrier' [as I see it for myself] - without any barrier between me and the Words of Allaah since I have made a conscious effort to learn Arabic.

So now, I still cry but another predominant feeling is felt: I smile...

But not just any smile, but the smile of one who has been touched and affected and moved and - inshaa Allaah - convinced...as if I have tasted something delicious and nourishing and of undescribable sweetness that leaves me with this smile which springs from this feeling of inner nourishment. And I find in my heart, a desire to want to return to this great and magnificent "feast" for even more...

The moral of this small note is: As much as you find yourself affected by the Glorious Qur'aan when reading with a translation, then its beautiful fragrance and touching sweetness and fulfilling nourishment and relishing enjoyment  - the kind 'tasted' when you  read and ponder in Arabic - these and many more treasures - O you eager for the taste of deep eemaan - these are truly yet to come....inshaa Allaah.

Wassalaam
sister.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Anonymous
Bro

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2008 07:53 PM »

... and from the signs of a sound heart are:

The desire to remove oneself from ignorance and to stay away from being ignorant - not ignorant about the affairs of the dunyaa [world] but about the affairs of one's religion and eemaan, since not knowing Allaah means not knowing His Rights and not knowing His Rights means not knowing:

tawheed from shirk
nor eemaan from kufr
nor sunnah from bid'ah
nor justice from injustice
nor light from darkness
nor gratitude from thanklessness,
nor true love from false love
nor true hope from false hope
nor bravery from cowardice
nor liberation from subjugation
nor success from failure
nor knowledge from ignorance...

....and so to truly desire knowledge of Allaah and His Rights is from the clear and manifest signs of a sound and saleem heart.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Anonymous
Bro

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #7 on: Aug 12, 2008 11:05 AM »

In proportion to the soundness of one's heart, is the strength of one's attachment to Allaah...

And upon the strength of one's attachment to Allaah, is freedom from attachment to this fleeting life...

And upon the strength of one's detachment from this fleeting life, is one's portion of craving for the Hereafter...

And upon the strength of one's craving for the Hereafter, is one's share of zeal for knowledge and worship of Allaah...

And upon the strength of one's zeal for knowledge and worship of Allaah, is one's share of inner richness and peace...

Wa-Laahu 'A'lam.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: