// Mutaradifaatul Quran
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: In the sea there are countless treasures, But if you desire safety, it is on the shore. - Sa'di
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mutaradifaatul Quran  (Read 3114 times)
timbuktu
« on: Apr 10, 2008 04:36 AM »

peace be upon you

In the Quran, several words are used the meanings of which are often translated by a single word. This cannot, and does not convey the exact sense that the Quran has used.
For example: the words khauf, khashyag, hadhara, wajala, wajasa, taqwa, rahaba
Huh? ,?Huh? ,? _? ,??? ,??? ,?Huh? ,? _? ,etc.
are translated simply as fear.

Something is wrong here, as the Arabic comes out as question marks, but if you see the jpg and pdf files you will be able to read what I have written.

Abdur Rehman Keilani has written a book called “Mutaradifaatul Quran”, in which he has tried to bring together all such words, explained the difference and provided examples. I will try to translate one topic, although I am not equipped for this. My aim is to generate interest so that students who want to understand the Quran, can ask their teachers. Those who know Urdu will benefit from the book, but for those who know other languages, this will perhaps provide an impetus to seek knowledge.

I created this document in windows Vista for Home, on my laptop, but when trying to load it on the computer connected with the net, I found gibberish. Hence I am attaching a pdf file (Adobe 7.0 or higher is needed). I hope everyone is able to read the document.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Apr 26, 2008 01:09 PM »

wsalaam,

This is a very interesting topic! Jazakallah khair for posting about it. I'll move it into the Arabic learning forum. Hopefully we can talk about this more there. It's interesting that Arabic has all these nuances of language that others don't. I think if we can learn these nuances it would really help in our understanding of our deen for Muslims and non-Muslims.

One example that our shaikh always brings up is the word RAHMAA. In English this is always translated as "mercy". So when non-Muslims, especially from a Christian background read the Quran they often wonder why there is no love between God and His Creation as there is such an emphasis on this in their deen. And indeed many missionaries use this to say that Islam is very unloving. But the word Rahmaa includes "LOVE, COMPASSION and MERCY" and Allah has love and compassion and mercy for all His creatures.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: