// Review of Madina Arabic Books- Learning Arabic
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today - El-Malik el-Shabbaz (Malcolm X)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review of Madina Arabic Books- Learning Arabic  (Read 362 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 05, 2013 12:44 PM »

Salams,

Ok I've decided to review my Arabic using the Madina books and youtube lessons (http://www.youtube.com/user/LearnQuranicArabic) Lessons are about 2 hours per day. Anyone want to join me. Going to try to do one a day thru the weekdays (weekends off woohoo)!! We could compare notes and commiserate over the  dizzy of the Arabic language!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2013 09:09 PM »

2 hours per day???

I don't remember what it's like to have a spare two hours per day on a weekeday ....(or a weekend come to think of it!)

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2013 09:58 PM »

I don't get it, the you tube was 6 minutes long, not two hours?
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2013 12:41 PM »

Click on the playlists. You'll find a playlist for each of the books with a youtube video that goes with every chapter of the book.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2013 05:55 AM »

That would be cool. You want us to go at same pace? I'd have to make some trade offs as our exams are in few weeks though..

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2013 03:14 PM »

Yup, it would be good if we were all doing the same pace 1 lesson a day, but I do know that is really hard and takes a lot of discipline!! But at least we could talk about the teacher, exchange notes and talk during class...err I mean you know share our learning Wink
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2013 01:57 PM »

Brother what lesson are you on?

Here are all the materials including the books! https://www.facebook.com/groups/madinabooks/files/ You could print out the exercise pages for practice.
sadah
Brother
Bro

sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2013 04:42 AM »

Salam
Wow so you have already started? I was waiting for the kick off whistle.. Smiley Gonna start right away with Grammer book 1 inshaallah. If you are on same book then you will be my tutor, sahih?. First lesson seems familiar, but  will still brush over. The exercises will really be helpful.
Thanks.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2013 09:16 AM »

Ws,

Ready set go lol! Yup I'm on Dars 4 now. It's all comin back to me! ESP the realization that Arabic grammar is hard! I really like this teacher tho bc he's so easy going and nice.. His desi accent reminds me of my dad teaching. Also like how he keeps encouraging everyone throughout every lesson. Hugely important! Plus I like how he's non-Arab n learned. Very very difficult learning Arabic from Arab native speakers unless they're trained at teaching foreigners n have lots of experience doing that. K yallah people! At least do a lesson a week!
sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2013 11:24 AM »

Yeah he is really good at it. I'm impressed. Finished the Dun Dan Din lesson...lol. On the second lesson now. I'd possibly adjust my schedules to be taking the lessons on Saturdays and Sundays, probably 2 lessons each day. Soon we'll be conversing in Arabic inshaallah... Smiley

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2013 08:02 PM »

Bro I think we should have a prize for the first person who gets to Lesson 10... how bout a big fat chocolate bar Wink
sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2013 03:41 AM »

I thought you have already passed that... Wink Except I create time during the week (which I might for the chocolate Smiley), for me until Sunday I believe.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: