Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on death  (Read 125 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« on: Feb 07, 2013 09:51 PM »

Asalamu alaikum,

Not sure if this was the right place to post this!

Today I had an MRI to scan my knee tissue after an injury - while I was lying down inside I began thinking about how the grave is a similarly enclosed space. I decided to try and recite what I know of the Quran to see if it would cover the time period I was inside (about 45 minutes), as I know that the Quran is meant o be your only companion in the grave. I was pretty shocked at how much I've forgotten - if one can't remember 45 minutes worth then how lonely will one be in the grave?

I came back to my room to find a friend posting this on Facebook, and I thought it might be relevant:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2013 07:21 AM »

take fifteen minutes out each day to recite a bit of Quran, you must not neglect your Quran if you have one it must be read often.

I do it after isha before bed.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2013 09:22 AM »

Salam,

We had a thread on that article in the Topic of the Week forum:

Topic #11: What 5 things will you regret on your deathbed?

Good to think about and try to fix things or learn from others inshaAllah!
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2013 02:30 PM »

Salam,

Firstly,it's very sad that you had to go through this.InshaAllah you will be fine soon.

Surely,incidents like these remind us of death,making us all the more thankful of our health and motivating us to live a life preparing for the hereafter.

Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2013 03:42 PM »

Salaam alaikum

Its true that we are taught to think death all the but most people don't. When troubles hit us that's when we think more of death. A lot can disagree with me here but this happens to me a lot. Since the beginning of the year there have been a lot of funerals especially of people I know. This has made thought about death more than I used to do.

Just this week I went to my boss to change the beneficiaries of my money when I die. I guess am thinking of death a lot these days. On friday I realised I have a certain condition on my finger. I don't know if it has a name in English but we have in vernacular. I will try to post a picture to give people an idea. Yesterday the condition worsened. It gave me this horrible headache. I thought I was dying(my mum & all her relatives died compaining of headache). I called dear friends thinking they maybe my last calls. What am trying to say is when we really feel or should I say smell like we are dying that's when we have thoughts of death come.

I woke up this morning and prayed fajr. After swalah I sat there making duas untill I asked for everything I thought there is to ask. The medicine the doctors gave me were not helping I just bought my own pain killer. Its just puss that accumulates at the end of the finger close to the nail. I have to wait until I don't know for the doctors to remove the puss.

Ps If you are photo sensitive please don't look at the picture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: