// Visiting Detention Center
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Insomnia is my greatest inspiration. - Jon Stewart
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visiting Detention Center  (Read 528 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« Reply #25 on: Mar 17, 2013 04:19 PM »

Welcome to the real world sis. That's how it works everywhere, it's only that this is the first time you've been exposed to it. I always think that people in America think too idealistically or perhaps you could say they've been brainwashed into thinking like that.

But knowing stuff like this helps keep you grounded, helps you say "alhamdulilah, I've been guided".

PS - btw, that part about Saudi wasn't necessary Tongue

Yeah...I know I'm naive. But honestly I think most people (Muslims included) go through their entire lives with this naïveté, or they just refuse to see it. Most people just never make this 'long term connection' between deeds and their consequences.

Man...reading the Quran now suddenly makes so much more sense! I find myself furiously nodding in agreement with so many Ayat that I previously would have shied around or not understood.

Sorry about saying that about Saudi, but I deliberately asked the girl whether she ever got Muslim clients and she said yeah, from Saudi generally...and I was like  Sad Angry
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #26 on: Mar 17, 2013 05:25 PM »

There a LOT of people who don't know what goes around when they're not looking. Even here, where bad things are known to people, there are still a gazillion people who're naive. I was lucky enough to have acquaintances from almost all walks of life, criminals included so I know but when I told my stepmum about a few things she was completely flabbergasted, she didn't even know how girls sneak out of their houses to go to parties Tongue

Lol, Saudi isn't perfect, I mean you can get alcohol at about a 10min drive from the Haram. Our compound in Jeddah was in a kinda posh area, like Beverly Hills Tongue - where all the rich, spoilt brats live. So, just outside you could find people selling drugs, guys and girls dancing, all on the street. Just because they have connections, no one can lay a finger on them, religious police included. Drug addiction is a major major problem in Saudi. But, if you can stay away from it, Saudi's an amazing place to live.
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #27 on: Mar 17, 2013 10:48 PM »

I have seen Pork and other Harram stuff sold in Makkah itself not far from the Harram.
Arabs don't know what words like Spam mean, and they don't bother reading the ingredients of food they buy, so people eat it all without even noticing.
I had an argument with a guy in a shop once about it. Something they were selling had bovine gelatine in it. I told him it was Harram, and he said how can it be harram if it is only sweets. I asked him, do you even know what the word Bovine means?
Anyway, When I went back to the shop, they had been removed.
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #28 on: Mar 18, 2013 01:15 AM »

They don't read the ingredients because by default, everything in Saudi is supposed to be Halaal and they're used to it. Same with us here in Hyderabad, meat is for the most part Halaal everywhere because the industry has been monopolized by muslims. Now, manufacturers are disguising things with the E codes and what not so sometimes things get through.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #29 on: Mar 18, 2013 12:29 PM »

That is what they think. Because a few decades ago food was made locally.
When I first went Umrah, there were chicken shops everywhere. By Chicken shop, I don't mean KFC. I mean there were shops where the walls were full of cages filled with live chicken. You go there, order a number of chickens. The guy would pull them out, slaughter them and skin them and hand them to you.

In those circumstances people would not need to read ingredient or questions whether the meat is Halal.
Then all of a sudden, the Saudis went from being very poor to being very rich in a very short time.
Saudis stopped working because they started getting free money, and food started to be imported.
Because people were not used to question whether food is Halal, they blindly still eat Harram food.

I am not just referring to E Numbers here. I have seen tins of spam being openly displayed on shops windows in Makkah itself. Saudis, don't know what the word Spam means, other foreigners assume all food there is Halal so both sets of people purchase it and eat it. While we English speakers know Spam means Pig meat.
When food is imported in to the country, you need to read the ingredients just as you would do in America or the UK.
And the same applies to you in Hydrobad. You can trust meat in your local Muslim butcher, you can't trust it if it was imported from some place else.
I am also referring to food labeled Halal. Muslim countries still import New Zealand lamb, even after Halal slaughter was banned there. And there are some European Countries that have always banned religious slaughter, and they still export to Muslim countries.

There are also countries such as China where government slaughter houses do not do Halal slaughter, but they do label their meat as Halal when exporting them to Muslim countries.
This isn't unique to China, many non-Muslim countries label all food Halal when exporting to Muslim countries, including pork. Most Muslims know what pig means and more than a few know what pork means, but these Muslims are ignorant of what words like Bacon, Ham, spam, lard and pepperoni mean, so happily eat it all up. Ingredients never say Pig, because pig meat isn't called Pig. So even if the Muslim from a Muslim country knew some English and read the ingredients they wouldn't know what they were eating.
This isn't just about Saudi, I have seen pork being used in Halal Pizza shops in UAE. If a shop is an multinational, owned by a Non-Muslim. You can not trust them to keep the food Halal even if the shop is in a Muslim country.
I have also seen alcohol used in the ingredients of restaurants in UAE, where the people who worked in the restaurant claimed their food was Halal. I saw local Muslims eating there. These people are ignorant, of what words like chardonnay, port and whisky mean, so happily and ignorantly eat meat seasoned with it.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #30 on: Mar 18, 2013 12:32 PM »

Dude, why do you always have to write a paper on everything? This is somebody else's thread.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #31 on: Mar 18, 2013 12:35 PM »

Well now people who read this and go Huj or Umra would eat Halal.
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #32 on: Mar 18, 2013 06:14 PM »

I think Bro islamicsocks you have really gone off topic. Most of the points you have said are good and very beneficial but I think it would be good if you start your thread. Sis Nature mentioned Saudi in passing but you've made it very big issue.

If I've offended you my apologies in advance.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: