// Removing Grudges
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “When I am getting ready to reason with a man, I spend one-third of my time thinking about myself and what I am going to say and two-thirds about him and what he is going to say.” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing Grudges  (Read 139 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Mar 02, 2013 10:17 PM »

salam

I have a problem. I recently have begun to enjoy watching Islamic videos, which I never really liked before. However, my family are good friends with one of the more well-known scholars who addresses youth in these videos. I know that in his personal life he treated his first wife rather shamefully, by going behind her back to marry another much younger woman, and subsequently some of the religious women in my family heavily dislike him.

I realized that my subsequent personal dislike of him meant that I can't really enjoy these videos. How do I get rid of my grudge against him?
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2013 10:33 PM »

pick another speaker to listen to?

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2013 10:44 PM »

The thing is I don't listen to him - I listen to a set of videos, and he's involved with the series, so there might be, for example a video on the side with his face, and that ends up bugging me. Ridiculous things like that.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2013 11:20 PM »

I can understand that. Try and ignore it.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2013 01:54 PM »

You should try not to be so judgemental.
He might have had good reason for what he did. And stories always have two sides to them.

Anyway, whatever the true story was and whoever is in the right, none of it is any of your business so enjoy the videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: