Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Live life as if you will live forever, but do ibadah as if you'll die tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sami Al Hajj finally released from Guantanamo!  (Read 887 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: May 04, 2008 02:41 AM »

This should be good news but it is so heartbreaking. 6 years in Guantanamo no charges against him. Hunger strike for the last year where he was forcefed by tubes through his nose. He says they were treated "worse than rats". Watch the video below where he meets his son for the first time since he was 4 months old, he probably thought he would never see him again. May God bless them and grant them justice.

=========================================

May 1, 2008 (KHARTOUM) - Al Jazeera satellite TV cameraman, Sami al-Haj has been released from the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay.

A US military plane has arrived in the Sudanese capital on Friday at 02:00am (local time) transporting Sami and two other detainees.

The Journalist following his arrival to Khartoum airport was transported discreetly to Al-Amal hospital in the capital for medical check-up.

Justice Minister, Abdel-Basit Sabdrat and the presidential adviser Mustafa Osman Ismail told Al-Jazeera TV that the Sudanese government has no charges against Sami al-Haj and his is free to move inside or outside the country.

U.S. Embassy in Khartoum issued a statement indicating that the release of the Sudanese detainees took place in the context of the cooperation between US embassy and the Sudanese foreign ministry and the National Intelligence and Security Service.

The Sudanese foreign ministry earlier confirmed the release of the Sudanese journalist who was detained without charges in Guantanamo since June 2002.

Sami al-Hajj hits out at US captors

Al Jazeera cameraman Sami al-Hajj has hit out at the US treatment of detainees at the Guantanamo Bay military prison where he was held for nearly six and a half years.

Saying that "rats are treated with more humanity", al-Hajj said inmates' "human dignity was violated".

Al-Hajj, who arrived in Sudan early on Friday, was carried off the US air force jet on a stretcher and immediately taken to hospital.

Later, he had an emotional reunion with his wife and son.

His brother, Asim al-Hajj, said he did not recognize the cameraman because he looked like a man in his 80s.

Still, al-Hajj said: "I was lucky because God allowed that I be released."

But his attention soon turned to the 275 inmates he left behind in the US military prison.

'Dignity violated'

"I'm very happy to be in Sudan, but I'm very sad because of the situation of our brothers who remain in Guantanamo. Conditions in Guantanamo are very, very bad and they get worse by the day," he said from his hospital bed.

"Our human condition, our human dignity was violated, and the American administration went beyond all human values, all moral values, all religious values.

"In Guantanamo ... rats are treated with more humanity. But we have people from more than 50 countries that are completely deprived of all rights and privileges.

"And they will not give them the rights that they give animals," he said.

Al-Hajj complained that "for more than seven years, [inmates] did not get a chance to be brought before a civil court to defend their just case".

Seeing his son the first time since he was 4 months old he can't stop touching and kissing him:

Al-Jazeera news story:

JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008 07:14 AM »

Salaam..

So sad....Alhamdulillah for his release...

have you guys seen Road to Guantanamo?  Heartbreaking...

Wasalaam.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008 03:02 PM »

wsalam,

No  haven't seen it. Can't bring myself to watch it, but I heard it was excellent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: