// Documentary on Single British Muslims
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Two missiles from an American jet killed them all – by my estimate, more than 20 Iraqi civilians, torn to pieces before they could be 'liberated' by the nation that destroyed their lives. Who dares, I ask myself, to call this 'collateral damage'?" - Robert Fisk
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Documentary on Single British Muslims  (Read 1757 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 11, 2012 09:25 PM »

Thoughts??

Members of different faiths search for the perfect partner, as Muslim singletons Zubair, Naila and Dimpy try to overcome being relationship novices and find 'the one'.

US: http://depositfiles.com/files/6njfohehg/Strictly.Soulmates.S01E03.WS.PDTV.XviD-FTP.avi
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2012 07:08 AM »

wsalam,

K finally watched this!! Very interesting actually. But I can see why the three aren't married...

*SPOILERS*

1. Zubair - Totally understand his problem about being chill and stuff but because he has a beard ppl make assumptions, like he's extremely strict/no fun. Same major problem my whole life. Hijab to many means extremely strict and religious (and a doormat) so if you aren't ppl can't understand it! He seemed like a nice guy. But I really think it's ridiculous he's looking for a wife in the UK when he is moving to Pakistan in a few weeks. I mean seriously?? Go look in Pak if that's where you want to live forever.

2. Naila - Kinda young and just going with whatever her mother wants. Is this really a good idea? I think parents should help with introductions and give good advice, but once they start dictating who their kids should marry it's messed up. We really don't find out why she turned the guy down.

3. Dimpy- Turned down 60+ guys!! Seriously?? That's just crazy. I think she definitely has commitment issues all tied up with her father dying issues. Her rishta search was kind of interesting.  I thought it was funny how they found her rishta's pics on facebook with drinks in hand and arms around girls skimpily dressed. Can totally understand why she turned that one down! But 60+??? At the end after Hajj she says she's ready to compromise but I really don't think she is. She believes the 'pakistani doctor' is the cream of the crop and that's what she wants for herself (cuz she is one) and she feels if she doesn't marry one -- she's compromised herself and her father's dreams for her. So until she works out that whole thing... I dunno...

P.S. - I thought American Muslims had issues Tongue  We are definitely wayyyy more laid back about these things...
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2012 08:42 PM »

Peeps I watched the Hindu episode too so catch up so we can discuss!!

The Hindi episode: http://www.putlocker.com/file/8BF09D1E5020F7A6#
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2012 10:47 PM »

is there any way I can watch this video? Because it says its not availible in my area!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2012 12:35 AM »

Hmmm try downloading it from the second link there. I think that's the only way. Haven't found it anywhere else...
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2012 09:09 PM »

My mum asked me if I watched this programme - I knew that the girl Dimpy would be a major talking point!  Turning down 60+ guys seems just... unreal!  If you turn down that many guys, I think there might be a problem with the girl rather than 60 guys not being good enough! 

She seems to have high expectations and on one level, I can't blame her for that.  I think her parents have raised her to believe she is the best thing since sliced bread because being a doctor, she has all the prestige and respect one could ask for, so her hubby would need to be her equal otherwise she's 'marrying down'.  However, there are also plenty of guy doctors who have also been raised to expect the best too so there's lots of ego floating around. 

I hope she has changed for the better and lets go of the daddy's little princess issues.

. Zubair - Totally understand his problem about being chill and stuff but because he has a beard ppl make assumptions, like he's extremely strict/no fun. Same major problem my whole life. Hijab to many means extremely strict and religious (and a doormat) so if you aren't ppl can't understand it!

Yup.  I hear ya on that score.  I kinda want to say 'I'm fun! I'm not a complete square, honest! I've done shady stuff too!' but that wouldn't really be appropriate, would it?

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Feb 23, 2012 08:57 AM »

wsalam,

Here's the file in much much smaller format... You guys can watch it and let me know what u think finally Smiley

(have to be logged in to see it)

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Feb 23, 2012 10:17 AM »

salam

I think they chose very extreme examples to be honest.

Dude with beard wasn't getting any positive feedback not because of his beard but due to the fact he was moving to Pakistan forever, otherwise I think that girl he met was interested, just not particularly enamoured with the thought of leaving everything behind and moving to Pakistan with him.

The GP well she was still grieving over the loss of her dad and I reckon she had issues about giving up her freedom and independance and being tied down, going by the way her brother behaved she didn't have much of a positive role model for a man of her generation. Also the examples of rishta's that she was getting were completely unsuitable.

The young girl, well she'd just started out in her search and her mothers reasons were valid, she herself wasn't terribly attached to the rishta she did get.

The hindu one was very very funny;
The guy well he was just so immature and full of himself

That girl who got married was so cute and her mum was so adorable.

The other girl well she was clearly hung up on that 'friend' they'll prolly end up together or she'll realise  a some point he isn't committing......

I hope they all end up with loving spouses worthy of them. And live happily ever after.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Feb 23, 2012 08:10 PM »

Inshaallah! they're all good ppl... even the hindu playa' guy... playah

I thought that the hindu girl liked the friend ALOT but he was clearly only thinking of her as a friend (how common is that!). She needs to get that book "He's just not that into you", otherwise she's going to waste a lot of time with him imo.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2012 08:08 AM »

Update: The video is embedded now.

Can't find the other one they showed a few years ago following a Mosque matrimonial service and it's success/fails...
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2013 01:50 AM »

I thought this was really funny Tongue

And I felt a really strong urge to round house kick the matchmakers Angry

Strictly Soulmates - Muslim (9th February 2012)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2013 10:24 AM »

I was browsing through some videos and I found that the girl whom Zubair met is a presenter at Islam Channel Tongue

Children of Jannah | Living The Life, Islam Channel, with Hafizah Ismail & Shaykh Waleed Basyouni
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2013 01:02 PM »

Wow I think you're right that is her!!! I wonder what happened to to them and if they ever got married since the show? They need to do a follow up!

PS Watching the Jewish one now... very interesting.
islamicsocks

islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2013 06:27 PM »

I find the beardi guy a bit strange. He wants to move the Pakistan, and can't find a wife here to move there?

Am I the only one who is thinking, why doesn't he marry one from there then?

Well his red passport is all he needs to get as many wives as he wants there.
islamicsocks

islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #14 on: Mar 20, 2013 06:30 PM »

He should marry a Pattan or someone from Kashmir, because they are really pretty.
And they are also really poor, so will agree to marry him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: