// Sh. Bouti killed in Damascus :( Inna lillah...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Humility: The Prophet said: 'God has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another and boasts over another.' (Sahîh Muslim, Sunan Abî Dawûd)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sh. Bouti killed in Damascus :( Inna lillah...  (Read 93 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 21, 2013 07:44 PM »

Inna lillah wa inna ilaihi rajeeoon. I'm still in shock. I've been to this Mosque and this class many times and indeed it is beyond packed with very religious and beautiful people. I'll never believe he was pro-regime.  We DO know he cannot say anything unless he was protected in exile. What a loss to our ummah, what a loss. When will the violence end. How could a suicide bomber kill like this in a Mosque during a Halaqa. Sad Sad

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2013/03/2013321174113479353.html

'Top pro-regime cleric killed' in Syria blast

State TV says "terrorist suicide blast" kills senior Sunni cleric Dr Mohammed al-Bouti at the Iman mosque in Damascus.
A suicide bomber has blown himself up inside a mosque in central Damascus, killing Dr Mohammed Saeed Ramadan al-Bouti, a senior pro-regime Sunni cleric and longtime supporter of President Bashar al-Assad, state television has said.

Al-Bouti, a respected religious scholar and Imam of Damascus's historic Ummayyad Mosque, was killed in the explosion in the Iman Mosque in the central Mezzeh district, the state TV said on Thursday.

"Senior cleric Dr Mohammed Saeed Ramadan al-Bouti was martyred in a terrorist suicide attack at the Iman Mosque," the station said.

Syrian TV didn't give more details but said the explosion caused multiple casualties. It occurred at a time the mosque would have been packed with worshippers for Friday evening prayers.

TV footage showed wounded people and bodies with severed limbs on the blood-stained floor of the mosque.

Sirens echoed in the capital as ambulances rushed to the scene of the explosion, which was sealed off by the military.

Al-Bouti's death is a big blow to Syria's embattled leader, who is fighting mainly Sunni rebels seeking his ouster.

Al-Bouti has been a vocal supporter of his regime since the early days of his father and predecessor, the late
President Hafez Assad.

In recent months, Syrian TV has carried his sermon from mosques in Damascus live every week. He also has a regular religious TV programme.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2013 08:23 PM »

Status Update

By Shaykh Muhammad al-Yaqoubi
The Syrian Regime kills Dr. Bouti

A Statement from Sh. Muhammad Al-YAqoubi

We have sadly received the news that the great Allamah Dr. Sa'eed Ramadan Bouti was martyrred today in car bomb in Damascus.
It is a big calamity for Muslims in loosing such a great figure who was a Mujaddid for the deen and who defended Islam and the doctrine of Ahlusunnah for several decades.
We have had news that he was panning to move outside Syria and that he began to understand the atrocities of the regime there the regime decided to get rid of him. He was srounded by heavy security who limited his movement. However, we denonce his killing whether the regime did it or the takfiri groups. People should not killed in such a political struggle because of their opinions.
We offer our condolences to his family, his students, and to the people of Damascus and we pray for him and for all who were killed with him (21 people) that Allah grant him and them the highest ranks in al-Firdous.
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #2 on: Mar 22, 2013 11:14 AM »

I studied in his classes.

I still see labels such as takfiri has highly insulting and prejudice.
No one calls themselves these names. so it is an insult to use such words on others.

There are two sides in the fight, there are the Aliwi government, its army and its belief that Ali is Allah.
And you have the Muslims that are fighting the government.

It would be better to state, "the action is condemned who ever done it", then to use the offensive label of Takfiri against the Muslim side.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: