Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shale Gas and the end of time.  (Read 375 times)
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« on: Mar 26, 2013 07:28 AM »

This is what sitting at home and doing nothing does to you, give you crazy ideas Tongue

I think everyone knows that hydraulic fracturing carries with it the risk of inducing earthquakes and since shale gas production is going to increase, it would mean earthquakes will most likely increase which is one of the signs of getting closer to Judgement Day.

Thoughts anyone?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 26, 2013 08:42 AM »

Yup!!

Another sign of the Day of J. The big heads hijab fashion in london:

Question:

In the following Hadith, can you please elaborate on 'heads looking like humps of camels'? What does it mean by that? I know many women keep their hair tied up on the top part of their heads and it does like like a hump.

Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: 'There are two types of the people of Hell whom I have not seen: a people with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they beat the people, and women who are clothed but naked, walking with an enticing gait and with their heads looking like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will not enter Paradise and will not even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be detected from such and such a distance.' (Narrated by Muslim, 2128).

Answer:
In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalamu alaykum

In the name of Allah the Inspirer of truth.

Imam Nawawi states the following concerning this portion of the hadith:

"The meaning of their "heads looking like humps of camels" is that they arrange it so that it seems big and raised by either using a turban, a wrap or something similar." After quoting this in his commentary of Sahih Muslim 'Allama Taqi 'Uthmani writes: "I say, such women have appeared in our days who arrange their hair on the backs of their necks or in the middle of their heads in a manner that fully resembles the humps of camels. The Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam drew a similarity between their heads and camel humps. This is from among the miracles of the Prophet Sallallahu alayhi wasallam, because it has happened exactly as he prophesied fourteen centuries ago. (Takmilat Fath al-Mulhim 4:201)

Hence such hairdos should be avoided.

And Allah knows best.
Abdurrahman ibn Yusuf
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Mar 26, 2013 09:47 AM »

So now we have another reason besides environmental concerns to oppose shale gas production Tongue

Another sign of the Day of J. The big heads hijab fashion in london:
Not just in London, here too.

I wonder why people do it despite knowing the consequences. Of course the Day will come when it's supposed to and no one can do anything about it but still, what's the deal with the hump? It doesn't even look good. And they're getting bigger lol
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Mar 26, 2013 10:34 AM »

The hijab style is called 'The camel hump'!!!!

I kind of just stare open mouthed when girls talk about it!

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #4 on: Mar 26, 2013 11:46 AM »

I used to think like that. That I took a good hard look at myself, and thought. I really shouldn't even be looking in that direction.

I asked myself a question. Are these people who used to wear proper Hijab or maybe even a Nikab and then started wearing it like that?
Or are they people who used to wear Mini skirts etc, and than advanced to this version of Hijab?
I think it is the later. So, yes it isn't perfect, but at least they are trying. Which is more than can be said about how most women used to dress 20 years ago.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2013 12:32 PM »

I believe that there's a lot of effort that goes into setting up the hump. Apparently you don't even have to have long and thick hair to bundle up, there are ways by which even a bald woman can set up the hump. Crazy!
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2013 02:27 PM »

Br Akhan, you get elaborate hair flowers to wear on your head to create the hump, I know how its done, I just don't get why having read that particular hadith anyone would want to be even remotely associated with it.

Or perhaps the girls don't know about the hadith...Huh?

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26, 2013 05:06 PM »

Many more girls and women know about the Quranic verse that orders Hijab. But they seem to be doing well at ignoring it.
I think the way these girls wear their Hijab is a stepping stone between no Hijab, and real Hijab. And maybe once they get to real Hijab they might make a further step to Niqab?

But when it comes to camels humps, I think on the whole they have come and gone.
There was a transition that only lasted very few years in countries where Niqab was universally woren and then Hijab was universally rejected.
If you look at the hairstyle ladies wore when they rejected Hijab when they had previously wore Niqab you will see it was the Beehave. Which looks just like a Camels hump?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ioH_9YN1wuo/Tq607DVtzTI/AAAAAAAAUyU/pB4hwyYZGwk/s1600/Gamal+Abdul+Nasser+and+Family%252C+1960.jpg

What we see now is a transition back to what they were beforethis happened. Because however strange the new Hijabs look they are less Camel Hump like than Beehives. And they have come and gone.

It is very strange to attack women for the way they wear Hijab while defending women who do not wear it at all?
If those women who wear Strange Hijabs, had the same hairdo, with no Hijab would people even notice them?
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26, 2013 05:49 PM »

No one is attacking anyone. That hijab fashion style is just remarkable and odd because of the Hadith that describes it. The shaikh in the fatwa does recommend avoiding that style.

As for sisters who don't wear hijab etc etc, when they are more practicing, more full of positive motivation and knowledge they'll wear it inshallah, just like any other part of our Deen for men and women.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2013 06:32 PM »

I am not sure what is going on here. Maybe you cut and pasted the fatwa wrong and truncated the bit where he talks about Women wearing strange Hijabs.
Because I can't see the word Hijab or Scarf anywhere in his Fatwa.
Looks like people took what ever meaning they like from what he said?

Yes there are women wearing Camel humps, and they are the women that shed their Hijabs to show off their Camel humps.

The women with Hijab styles you don't like are at least trying to live by the laws of the Quran. And inshallah, as time goes on they may just get better at it?
Be honest, when you lot stopped showing your hair and started wearing Hijab for the first time, did you get the style 100% right?

It is better to show them how it is done properly then tell them their Hijab is a sign of the people of the fire.
And no, the Alim wasn't talking about the people who are trying to wear Hijab in his Fatwa. I think if you go to him and ask him, he will confirm he is talking about the ones that shed Niqab + Hijab and replaced it with the above mentioned hair as can be seen in the above mentioned photo. Before you reinterpret his fatwa, and widen its meaning to include Hijab styles, I think it is best you OK it with him first, don't you?

The people who reject Hijab, reject part of the book but claim to follow other parts. It makes more sense that these are the people he is talking about than people trying, how ever badly to follow the book?

I think this attitude of attacking people when they attempt to follow Islam while ignoring people who reject Islam or part of it but still insist they are Muslim is keeping people away from Islam.
This is the mentality that causes people to say things like:
"I wont pray until I sort myself out 100%", "I wont fast until I sort myself out 100%", "I wont wear Hijab until I sort myself out 100%".
This is the mentality of people who argue in the Musjid with others on wear they keep their hands or feet in prayer, but never go out the Musjid to argue with all the people who never pray to get them to pray.
Isn't it the same, to tell women their Hijab is wrong, but not to tell women who don't wear it to wear it?

And I get this all the time. People telling me my beard is wrong. I have even been called a Munafiq cause some people see my beard as wrong. I wouldn't mind if these people would tell brothers who shave to let their beards grow. But they never do. They would never dream of telling a brother who shaves to stop shaving and let his beard grow like the Sunnah commands. And some of these people who tell me my beard is against Islam, shave!
They themselves are beardless shavers! But as well as not telling others to let it grow, they don't tell themselves.
And all they can see is another brother with an incorrect beard.
But the thing is, It is Shirk to tell a brother to grow his beard. Because Brothers don't grow their beards. Allah Grows their beards. Some brothers shave it, others don't and let it grow. I am from the third set of brothers, the ones that don't shave, but Allah doesn't let it grow. Smiley A lot of brothers don't know this. So I used to give them a long lecture on human genetics, and genetic differences between different racial groups. Now I just thank them for the advice because I can't be bothered.
And because what I really don't like. And this happens a lot. Is when a brother really likes me for some reason. And then for some reason see me as a Sunnah to follow or something and cut their Sunnah beard to look like mine. And tell me, look I have cut my beard just like yours. I don't even know what to say to that, so I just leave it.

Sorry for the side track. What I meant was. It is really strange when ladies who don't wear it are never told to wear it. Never criticised for not wearing it. But when they take it up, and it isn't 100 % correct, they are criticised. And the people doing the criticising would never dream of telling a lady that doesn't wear Hijab to wear on. And sometimes, the ones that tell them their Hijabs are wrong, don't even wear Hijab themselves!

I see the attacks on my stylish beard very similar to attacks on their attempts to wear Hijab.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2013 11:28 PM »

Salam,

I do see what you're saying, that it's about the hairstyle and not the hijab, but is it then OK if they have this camel hump hairstyle under the hijab? In that translation it's

with their heads looking like the humps of camels, leaning to one side.

doesn't mention hijab or hair. Maybe someone can find the original Arabic so we can look at it.

The amazing thing is that Imam Nawawi says hundreds of years ago:

"The meaning of their "heads looking like humps of camels" is that they arrange it so that it seems big and raised by either using a turban, a wrap or something similar."

and this is how some sisters make that big hijab look, by using a turban wrap or something similar.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2013 01:57 AM »

My goodness, you have stamina dude Grin
I mostly cannot stretch an argument to such lengths.

btw, please, don't start off on stamina now Cheesy
akhan
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Mar 27, 2013 01:57 AM »

And can we go back to talking about shale gas now? Cheesy
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« Reply #13 on: Mar 27, 2013 05:53 AM »

And can we go back to talking about shale gas now? Cheesy

Seriously though, shale gas and gas fracking is SCARY stuff. We have a huge campaign here against fracking - besides earthquakes, it ruins water supplies for those in the local area. You literally end up able to light fire to the water from your tap! Companies will go to any dishonest means to get what they want when it comes to resources nowadays...
akhan
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Mar 27, 2013 06:57 AM »

Do you think the campaigns will make a difference?

Because, all I can find is this talk about shale gas fueling the American Dream in the years to come.

Campaigns have been going on in Canada opposing oil production from bitumen, but there doesn't seem to be any effect. Considering that America is even more capitalistic, I think I can assume that shale gas really is the fuel of the future.

Alhamdulilah, India doesn't have any shale deposits, at least not in my state.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2013 12:12 PM »

I am not defending ways of wearing the scarf that do not live up to the letter and spirit of Islam. I agree these sisters do need guidance.
This is kind of a strange post, because it would usually be a case of me attacking the way sisters dress and you lot defending it.
I am not trying to make a defence. Just a distinction between people who try and follow an Islamic rule, and do so badly. And People that reject the rule.
I see people who wear strange versions of Hijab that don't live up to the letter or spirit of Hijab as people who are trying to follow Islam but make mistakes. I see people who reject Hijab as people who reject part/whole of Islam.
When people attack the ones that follow Hijab badly and remain silent on the ones that refuse to follow it, I see it as very strange. Even worse when the ones that attack Hijab that is worn badly do not themselves wear it.
This attitude isn't just about Hijab. It is happening on every issue of Islam.
When a country tries to rule by Islam and makes mistakes in the implementation of the rules they are attacked. But countries that rule by complete kufr are not. Mujahideen are attacked when they make mistakes in their Jihad, but brothers that stay at home with their families are not criticized. People argue with where the hands and feet need to be in the Musjids, but few bother to make sure brothers are in the Musjid.
I am not saying do not tell these sisters to fix their Hijab. What I am saying is people have got the method of telling them completely the other way around.
People who make mistakes should be explained to gentally, and people who reject should be told what rejection leads to.
So tell the people that have rejected their Hijab and use their hair to attract others to the hell fire about the Hadith. And advise the sisters who wear their Hijab in the wrong way gentally using your own example. Khalid Yasin explains this well in one of his talks. Can't remember which one, if you do, past a link.

When it comes to what Imam Nawawi says. Again I think you are making a jump. He doesn't mention anything about Hijab. He mentions ways he think they can piled their hair up.

I think it is best to look at the whole hadith to get it in to context:
“There are two types of the people of Hell that I have never seen: people with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike people, and women who are dressed but appear naked, walking with an enticing gait, with their heads looking like the humps of camels leaning to one side. They will never enter Paradise, nor even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be discerned from such and such a distance.”

I don't think women who used to be Hijabless, and have recently started putting a cloth over their heads are a good representation of that.

A better representation would be women who previously wore Niqab. But took it all off as a statement for others to reject Islam. And the beehive hairstyle came in to being at exactly the same time.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ioH_9YN1wuo/Tq607DVtzTI/AAAAAAAAUyU/pB4hwyYZGwk/s320/Gamal+Abdul+Nasser+and+Family%252C+1960.jpg
It also puts the whip in to context too. Because these women were the wives of men that ruled by the whip. Men who used their whips to stop people practicing Islam. And these men told their wives to use their hair to tell people to shed Islam in the same way the women shed Islamic dress.
I think that would be a better representation of it than sisters who are trying to go back to Islam.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2013 02:19 PM »

If there's money in it they will try it, I reckon it will take a significant 'accident' before overt attempts are abandoned.

One can only hope they don't find shale gas in a third world country because that will be it for the population in the surrounding areas.

islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #17 on: Mar 27, 2013 02:35 PM »

I see nothing wrong in using shale gas.
Using it will not make the day of judgment any closer. Not using it won't push it to a later date. Allah has fixed the date.
When it comes to effects on the environment, we have worse things to worry about.
Real concerns instead of what can theoretically happen.
Things like Western Companies dumping toxic waste in Somalia. Or Zionists pumping all the water out of Palestinian areas and giving them untreated Israeli Sewage to drink.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #18 on: Mar 27, 2013 07:55 PM »

I see nothing wrong in using shale gas.
Using it will not make the day of judgment any closer. Not using it won't push it to a later date. Allah has fixed the date.

I concur with you on the later statement. When the time comes, it wont be postponed, neither will it be pulled nearer. But I don't think there is nothing wrong in using it. We have lots of environmental issues to deal with, as you stated, adding more problems would make the issues more difficult to tackle.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #19 on: Mar 27, 2013 10:00 PM »

I believe what is said against shale gas is scaremongering. People have been removing gas from the ground for a very long time. people have been causing explosions underground for even longer. Much bigger ones then this when they have done nuclear test explosions.
I see it as nothing but scare mongering when people say the two together will result in earth quacks.
I believe it takes attention away from real environmental destruction. Look at all the rubbish that is being dumped at sea and in the air.
But that is nothing compared to the damage nuclear power is doing.
These are real scientifically proven dangers. worrying about scaremongering does nothing but divert attention from the real and the known.
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 80
Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)Nature is a force to reckon with mA! :)

« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2013 10:48 PM »

Salam,

I agree that shale gas doesn't exactly equal Akhira - but the issues involved in it are most certainly extremely harmful, and they involve exploitation of people as well as ruining the earth that Allah SWT gave us custody over, both of which are hardly approved of in Islam!

I think that fracking will probably happen in many places unless their communities really, really stand up against it, which is what I've been seeing here. These people have seen their land grabbed from them in the name of corporate-helping laws (which say that you have no right to stop a company from extracting resouces UNDER your land!) their crops ruined, their water supplies ruined, and in many cases their communities destroyed.

Unfortunately there is very little awareness about the results of fracking - here I live between people who stand up and bear witness to how terribly it has affected them, and the community here actively work against allowing fracking. This isn't a 'theoretical' thing nor scaremongering, it is true, and it is happening. The only reason that it hasn't been touted like toxic waste, is because it hasn't had time. A couple of decades ago people would have also scoffed at toxic waste and nuclear waste ideas!

Also, fracking in this new method and on the huge scale that politicians are encouraging, has NOT been happening for a long time. This is a relatively new way of doing things, and the problem is not 'underground explosions' -the water used in extracting the gas is useless afterwards, there is a LOT of toxic waste dumped by companies who refuse to admit it, and to top it all, you can't extract that much gas by fracking, so what you do is you crack a new area...then another one....then another one....leaving all this destruction behind.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2013 02:22 AM »

I'm not saying that the Akhirah will be postponed if you stop extracting shale gas. I'm just making an observation about the means through which it may happen. Allah doesn't require any means either but this seems like a realistic manifestation of the prophecy.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #22 on: Mar 28, 2013 02:31 PM »

No one has died from shale gas. countless numbers have died from nuclear radiation and pollution from oil and coal fired power stations.
Maybe all this earthquake nonsense was created by people who want to divert attention from what is really killing us?
Maybe America becoming an energy exporter instead of an importer might remove the need for them to invade our countries to take our resources?
akhan
Bro

« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2013 06:53 PM »

It's not created, shale gas extraction does cause earthquakes. Sadah would be better equipped to explain why but it does.

I don't think it's just resources that America is after, it's more than that, control, so that they can continue dominating.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2013 11:21 PM »

I know what they cause, but what you call earth quakes I call tiny earth tremors and movements that only last a short while, while the ground pressures reach equilibrium.

Whether we call it what you call it or what I call it, it isn't a big deal.

I know America has other reasons for invading Muslim countries and killing Muslims. Such as the control the Jewish lobby have over America. That doesn't just effect Muslim countries. America joined the WW1 due to the influence of Jewish bankers who were pro-German but became pro-British after the UK promised Zionists Palestine if America was brought in to WW1 and helped the UK destroy the Uthmani Khilafah.
Germany had promised them Madagascar as an alternative, but Zionists decided Palestine was a better deal.
What the Germans did to the Jews in WW2 didn't happen in a vacuum.

When it came to the invasion of Iraq, the only reason why it was done was the Jewish lobby, and AIPAC's complete control of American politics. It was AIPAC and its Neocon puppets that stated it was all about oil, ie the war will pay for itself. But in reality it was all about destroying the Arab country whose army is the biggest threat to Israel. It was no accident soon after the invasion it was discovered that oil costs a lot more to steal than it does to buy. This wasn't a mistake, it was known in the planning stage. The object was securing Israel and it was only said the objective was oil to disguise the control AIPAC has over America. AIPAC and the neocons were not mistaken when they said the war would pay for itself, they lied.

What I am saying is you are right. America does have other reasons for invading, and in the case of Iraq the other reason was the true reason. And Oil was the false reason. But even still, if America was a fuel exporter, it would be easier for people to see that these wars are about Israel. And America has nothing to gain by them. If America was a net exporter of energy and not an importer. It would be harder for AIPAC to have so much influence over American government and keep it hidden the way they do now.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: