// Aafia Siddiqui
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Useful knowledge is that which makes you grow in the fear of Allah, increases you in awareness of your defects, deepens your knowledge of the worship of your Lord Most High, decreases your desire for this world and increases your desire for the life to come, and opens your eyes to the defects of your actions so that you guard against them. - Imam Al-Ghazali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aafia Siddiqui  (Read 202 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Mar 28, 2013 05:58 AM »

http://muslimmatters.org/2013/03/28/justice-for-aafia/

I'm not the most up-to-date on this issue myself, but sharing this seems like a good way of spreading the truth!
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #1 on: Mar 28, 2013 12:09 PM »

They did that and they did more than that.
And what they did and are still doing to Iraqi and Afghan women and children is worse than that.
Sisters were made pregnant, and when they gave birth their children were drowned in sinks in front of them.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2013 03:52 PM »

Can you post proof of the above ^ claim
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2013 04:30 PM »

The proof of what has happened to Afia Siddiqui can be gained from what her mother and sister have said about it.

This is the letter that led to the investigation, show trials and a few scape goats getting a slap on the wrist.
http://lutonmuslims.com/index.php?option=com_content&id=374:responsefatima&Itemid=61

I believe what the sisters in the American concentration camps and torture centres in Iraq and Afghanistan have said about what the Americans and their puppets have done to them. I see Muslims as trustworthy. I see it as despicable when Muslims require the Americans who have done the above themselves to admit the above before they see what the sisters have said about their treatment as trustworthy. Even more so considering Americans in the army and government have admitted the rapes and other sexual torture. It is just they decide to prosecute just a few of the soldiers for just a few of the crimes as some sort of symbolic fig leaf.
That is one of the evidences. If it isn't enough for you I can't see how others will make any difference. So lets just leave it as that. Some people count the Muslims as trustworthy, others see our enemies as trustworthy.
But if we are honest we all know this happened. Because this is how they have always behaved. Ask the Vietnamese, or people in Latin America. You don't even have to go out the country, ask Black people or native Americans.
Iraqis, Afghans and all other non-whites are just native Americans to them. We have no rights, in their eyes. And they believe they have every right to take what they want, do what they want due to their racial and cultural superiority.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2013 04:41 PM »

Well if Muslims are inherently untrustworthy and Kaffir are inherently trustworthy here is a Non-Muslim newspaper that has reported it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/sep/20/usa.iraq

These articles are old. The Americans have said they have drawn a line under all that and everyone should move on.
But do not forgive, do not forget, and never stop talking about what they have done.
Because almost all of the ones that have done it are now living as hero's in America with full military benefits.
They might be dumb enough to forgive themselves for what they have done. But we must never ever be dumb enough to forgive them for what they have done.
And in the case of Aafia and countless others that we haven't heard about because they do not have American citizenship it is still happening. Only this time, they have the rule "No Cameras allowed in the torture centres!"
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2013 12:31 PM »

I wasn't talking about Aafia but about your claim of being made pregnant and drowning their babies in front of them.

There is no doubt there was a lot of abuse going on by Americans especially in Abu Ghuraib, but we are Muslims. We have to continue our struggle for justice and independence in the way Allah has decreed and our Rasululllah saw has guided us. And we always must remember, our true justice cannot be gained in this life, nor will revenge actually get us anywhere. Allahu mustu'an.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2013 12:59 PM »

I repeat the worst abuses were not the ones in Abu Graibh. The worst ones were the ones carried out in BLACK SITES. The ones that they would never ever admit to.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2013 01:06 PM »

Yes we all know that,  what's your point exactly? Muslims like to talk a lot but when it comes to working for change in the world they are overwhelmingly armchair critics. I've known so many non-Muslims that have done more for the plight of Muslims than most Muslims.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #8 on: Apr 02, 2013 04:17 PM »

Whether Muslims sit on armchairs or deckchairs or stand for that matter, what matters is they did do something by criticizing. And that is much more than was done by the ones that remained silent. And the ones that were silent were better than the ones that spoke out against her and in support of the Americans. And they number many.

Whatever Aafia is going through now is nothing compared to what she went through in Bagram. It was the people that kept bringing attention to it that made it impossible for the Americans to keep denying they had her. Whether these people sat on armchairs, deck chairs or stood up makes no difference at all.

She is now in an American prison. The only reason why she isn't free is some kind of face saving exercise by the Americans. If it is shown to the Americans that keeping her will cause more loss of face then releasing her. She will be released.
So everybody and their grandmother needs to keep talking about, keep it in the public eye.
islamicsocks

[Banned]

« Reply #9 on: Apr 02, 2013 06:02 PM »

Anyway, thanks to whoever pasted that link. I am going to past it all over the net. And so should the rest of us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: