// Chocolate Lasagna recipe - Saving this for Ramadan!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: You can never have enough garlic. With enough garlic, you can eat The New York Times. - Morley Safer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chocolate Lasagna recipe - Saving this for Ramadan!  (Read 215 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 02, 2013 07:36 PM »

Yayy baby....

do they sell cool whip in the UK??

================

Chocolate Lasagna

INGREDIENTS

1 package regular Oreo cookies (Not Double Stuff) – about 36 cookies
6 Tablespoon butter, melted
1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoons cold milk
1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding.
3 1/4 cups cold milk
1 and 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. I used my food processor for this, but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin. When the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs, you are done.
2. Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter and use a fork to incorporate the butter into the cookie crumbs. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
3. Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 and 1/4 cups Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
4. In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
5. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips evenly over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2013 09:28 PM »

Yummy it seems. Had a nice dinner without any dessert. I had to go and make a quick one lol

I would love to try it one day but am not sure if I can find the Cool Whip stuff here. Am not even sure I know it. What is it?
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2013 10:16 AM »

it looks yum hungry ...but..so...heavy..... Undecided
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2013 11:25 AM »

cool whip is whipped cream that's already whipped and fluffy and put in a big bowl and frozen for use. i haven't seen that here anywhere but i did see whipped cream spray bottle so one might be able to use that!
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2013 02:22 AM »

Jannah that's like heart attack in a pan! ok so it does look good, but try something healthier  Smiley

I made this the other day and it was kid and husband approved: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/09/09/no-bake-peanut-butter-pie/

I've discovered the world of healthy desserts, it actually exists and I sometimes have dessert for breakfast, and I don't feel guilty or sick afterwards!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2013 07:32 AM »

Sis J, oreo cookies arent suitable for vegetarians in the UK, the US recipe is different fomr the UK one.

Be careful.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2013 07:35 AM »

we have a equivalent for cool whip, its called dream topping, and comes in powder sachets, you add milk and whisk it with a hand held electric whisk, and refrigerate.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2013 08:32 PM »

I think u could possibly get whipping cream and also whip it yourself and put it on the cake n refrigerate. I did find halal Oreos here. Can't remember where tho.

Umm Ibrahim thanks for always trying to keep me healthy! how bout something w fruit? Summer berries? Can't wait till summer!
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2013 02:35 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Jazak Allah Khair Jannah for posting this- It looks yummy and cant wait to try it. I am always looking for desserts that can be made in advance , and to top it this one is Chocolate and Oreos combined together!!!

Wasalam
Tamseel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: