Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Efficiency: The Prophet said: 'There are two blessings that many people fail to make the most of: good health and free time.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who distributed Ambala?  (Read 182 times)
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« on: Apr 08, 2013 11:03 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Jn8K8EA7-Q#!
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2013 12:52 PM »

Interesting how the British either hate or love Margaret Thatcher. I guess she was extremely divisive, but why make such a big deal of her death. She did what she did, and ppl did what they did and she was eventually voted out of office and the end.
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2013 03:21 PM »

leaders are hated and criticized all over. They go wrong all over. Nations suffer because of faulty leadership all the time. But when the leader is a woman the criticism, hatered, intolerance is many times more than in case of men.
No matter how advanced, open minded and liberal a society claims it self to be the amle ego is the same everywhere. The 'id' in male brains finds it highly offensive to be directed  by a woman.
U.S. President Richard Nixon disliked Gandhi personally, referring to her as a "witch" and "clever fox" in his private communication with Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.[22] This is from wiki about Indira Gandhi.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2013 06:31 PM »

She wasn't voted out of office she resigned before her party lost the election.

She did a lot of damage. Her legacy lives on and the miners, entire villages who lost their livelihoods are still living the destruction she wrought.

Her legacy lives on & the effects of her policy are all around us, she sold off the infrastructure put money into financial industry cut top rate taxes & handed out tax relief to giant corporations, the Ritz hotel where she lived free of charge for the past years in a suite were owned by friends of hers, they haven't paid corporation tax for 20 years.

I'm old enough to remember the changes she put thro & at our level they were bad, the only people to have benefitted were the rich, her vision was one of noblesse oblige, what we have is rich getting richer & the poor dying from poverty.

I'm not surprised at the vitriol.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10, 2013 08:27 PM »

She did a lot of bad things. The worst thing she did was to close down the coal mines. This was done purely for political purposes. To destroy the unions that supported the opposition labour party.
The coal miners and their descendent are still unemployed. Nothing was put in their villages to replace Jobs at the mines.
The lunacy of what was done is still here to see. The UK is a Island of coal. Coal is everywhere, but now the UK imports it.
Why?
Because the miners unions became too powerful.

She also destroyed the UK's manufacturing industry. I believe this was done for the same reason. To destroy the Unions. It was said people in the banking and Engineering industry can get Jobs in the Banking industry that she supported. But that didn't happen. And now the banks the she put all the countries money in have collapsed and much of the country with it.

I don't think she is a divisive issue. Everyone, or nearly everyone in the UK hates her.

But some people here will be shocked to learn, that I will say she did have her good points.
Well, not really good points, just things that make her better than the people that took over after her from both Labour and conservative.
1) How ever right wing she was, she was to the left of New Labour and the ConDem coalition.
Yes she started the process of reducing help to the poor and increasing help to the rich, but both Labour and the Con Dem coalition instead of reversing it have continued it and taken it beyond what she did.
2) She refused to accept evidence obtained from torture. Both Labour and the ConDem coalition do. Well they say they do, but what it really means is they have people tortured.
For example, Jack Straw of the Labour party had a Libyan dissident kidnaped, sent with his pregnant wife and his very young children to Libya where they were all tortured for many years. And now, he is one of the rulers of Libya.
He is just one example, Labour did it to many others and the ConDem coalition have continued the practice.

[Edited: Please see Constitution rules.]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: