// Boston
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston  (Read 1275 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Apr 15, 2013 10:19 PM »

Have you guys seen the news about the explosions in Boston? Nauthubillah...please please please make dua that this isn't a Muslim, there's already rumors of a "Saudi national".  Sad
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Apr 15, 2013 10:45 PM »

Saw this on the BBC breaking news, those were my first thoughts too, but they're not mentioning terrorists or bombs.

So going by the terminology they don't think it is Muslims.

May Allah protect and guide us all.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Apr 15, 2013 11:21 PM »

Inna lillah wa inna ilaihi rajeoon. So horrible. I'm leaving next week for ny. Hope the Muslims will be safe. How many times must we condemn these horrors Sad Sad Sad
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2013 12:08 AM »

Already some anti-muslim websites claiming it was a Saudi and FOX News playing the bombs going off and ppl screaming over n over again on continuous loop Sad

Mashallah Imam Suhaib opening the doors of his home to any marathon runner who needs it. Also this:

Tel: 617-318-1512 April 15, 2013
E-mail: Yusufi@masboston.org

Condolences, Prayers and Support After Boston Marathon and JFK Library Explosions

The Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center and the Boston-Muslim community is deeply saddened by the tragic occurrence at the Boston Marathon and JFK Library, both icons of our great City. We are concerned for the loss of life and injuries to the victims. Our prayers and thoughts go out to the victims and their families, to the marathon organizers, runners and fans, and to our Boston community at large.

As Bostonians, and inspired by the values of mercy and justice central to our faith, the American-Muslim community stands ready to help. We have close to 40 ISBCC volunteers on site who are committed to assist in relief efforts and also donate blood. Should the City call upon us, we are also ready to transform the ISBCC into a disaster relief center. Additionally, we extend our spiritual counseling services to any of the victims and their family members.

We hold to the highest standard the human safety and security of our City, its people and its guests. We encourage any Bostonian who sees any suspicious activity or package to report it to the number provided by the Boston Police Chief: 800-494-TIPS (800-494-8477).

~ [SW Admin]
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2013 04:49 AM »

Inna lillah wa inna ilaihi raji'oon

Just awful...Everyone stay safe, insha Allah

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2013 07:05 AM »

The Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him said, "He is not of us, whose neighbor does not feel safe from his evil."
islamicsocks

Reputation Power: 10
islamicsocks has no influence :(

[Banned]

« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2013 09:58 AM »

[Deleted by Admin]
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2013 10:16 AM »

Assalaam alaikum Islamicsocks,

Your views are completely antithetical to mine and almost everyone on this board. I don't really know how many times I have to ban you. I am sure there are other boards more to your taste and your viewpoints. It's a free internet, but as we know this forum isn't a democracy, but set up for a certain purpose and with certain guidelines. Jazaks for your participation.

Ws
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2013 06:52 PM »

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A time will come when the murderer will not know why he has committed the murder, and the victim will not know why he has been killed." - Sahih Muslim, Hadith 1356

Indeed the killings of innocent lives these days perfectly fit in this prophesy. May Allah protect us and save us from the trepidations of this period.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Apr 16, 2013 11:52 PM »

Ameen bro Sadah.

Also in the news they've finally clarified that the Saudi student is a witness not a suspect.

http://colorlines.com/archives/2013/04/injured_saudi_is_a_witness_not_a_suspect_in_boston_marathon_violence.html

Law enforcement officials said Tuesday that a Saudi student who was injured during the violence in Boston yesterday is a witness, not a suspect. That clarification has become important in the aftermath of Monday’s tragic events. False and racially coded reports have surfaced over the past 24 hours speculating that the Saudi student in question was somehow responsible.

Here’s more from the Washington Post:

The Saudi, who is recuperating at a Boston hospital, is in his 20s and is in the United States on a Saudi scholarship to study at a university in the Boston area.

The federal officials’ explanation echoed comments by a Saudi official at the country’s embassy in Washington. The embassy official said that a Saudi national has been questioned as a witness but is not regarded as a suspect. The Saudi official cited information provided to the embassy by U.S. law enforcement officials.

“We’re not aware of any Saudi suspect or Saudi person of interest,” said the Saudi official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the preliminary nature of the information.

The young man sustained serious injuries and reportedly volunteered to have his home searched by investigators, according to the Post.
Nature
Sis

Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #10 on: Apr 17, 2013 02:28 AM »

Assalamu Alaikum,

A lot of people at my school are posting about this - alhamdulillah many of them are already disgusted with the warmongers attempting to pin this on Islam - but I would like to put in my two cents. Can any of you help me think of what to say? Should I repost Imam Suhaib Webb's Boston condolences?
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #11 on: Apr 17, 2013 05:17 AM »

Just horrible...I hope and have a feeling it will be a domestic (non-brown) terrorist, given the date/time of year. Meaning anti-government.

(Don't even want to think what Br socks said)

It is scary..."Muslims" was even a worldwide trend on Twitter  Sad so many ignorant people, not to mention that commentator who said all Muslims should be killed...some good pieces have been written in the short time since the attacks though.

It's by Sana Saeed again  Smiley

http://www.theislamicmonthly.com/boston-marathon-blasts-reactions-apologia-and-narrating-the-blame/

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #12 on: Apr 17, 2013 06:38 PM »

SUSPECT ID'ed...

*Holding my breath*

From CNN  -

"Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King exclusively.
The breakthrough came from analysis of video from a department store near the site of the second explosion. Video from a Boston television station also contributed to the progress, said the source, who declined to be more specific but called it a significant development."

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Apr 17, 2013 06:51 PM »

5 pm press conference! Lets hope it's over whoever it is!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Apr 17, 2013 07:00 PM »

CNN reporting arrest made!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #15 on: Apr 17, 2013 07:39 PM »

They are backtracking now...false alarm.

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #16 on: Apr 17, 2013 07:58 PM »

Guess I shouldn't quote CNN...I don't even watch it anymore...lot of hate on them right now on Twitter  Smiley

Maybe MSNBC from American media channels, but otherwise, I prefer...oh I think you know which channel I prefer hehe.

They have lost 50% of their viewers in recent times...Wolf B is the worst among the many hosts...

BABA
 desibro

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #17 on: Apr 17, 2013 09:51 PM »

BBC is headlining 'no arrest in Boston marathon attack'

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Apr 18, 2013 03:26 PM »

Watching the Interfaith service live right now. Imam Suhaib not speaking unfortunately Sad but a Muslim guy is!! So should be interesting...
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #19 on: Apr 18, 2013 10:47 PM »

FBI has released photos and video of 2 suspects...
Nature
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Apr 18, 2013 11:09 PM »

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2013/04/2013418213153686717.html

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Apr 18, 2013 11:10 PM »

Wow just saw them. What ethnicity do u guys think they are? I just cant tell except that they are young Sad and look like they are focused on what they are doing??!! Sad
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #22 on: Apr 19, 2013 01:16 AM »

The one in the white hat looks Caucasian.  The one in the dark hat? Can't tell. Maybe Southeast Asian, Arab or Hispanic?

How many of you are still chanting mantra: Please don't be Muslim, don't be Muslim, don't be ... Huh?  Sad
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #23 on: Apr 19, 2013 04:37 AM »

ANOTHER BOSTON INCIDENT!!! Shooting at MIT!!! Sad

I certainly hope the suspects are non-brown...but can't really tell from the videos!

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #24 on: Apr 19, 2013 05:06 AM »

The police officer has died....and here is an article on Imam Suhaib being vetoed as speaker...

http://www.jns.org/latest-articles/2013/4/18/muslim-brotherhood-linked-mosques-imam-replaced-as-speaker-at-service-for-boston-marathon-attack-victims

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: