// Boston
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Morality: The Prophet said: 'The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest to their wives. (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston  (Read 1407 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #25 on: Apr 19, 2013 06:08 AM »

Mother Jones ‏@MotherJones 4m
One officer killed at MIT. Another down. PD scanner chatter in Boston is terrifying. Talk of automatic weapons and explosives.

Ingrid Mattson ‏@IngridMattson 4m
Here's my wild speculation: the bomber suspects were id'ed at MIT, they shot their way out and are now being chased by police.

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #26 on: Apr 19, 2013 07:19 AM »

Tonight was just unbelievable...following tweets as things unfolded was unreal....Muslim peeps even talking how they felt Qiyamah must be close.... Sad Angry  - BABA

Explosives Detonated in Massachusetts Standoff

Two young men, armed with guns and explosives in what appeared to be backpacks, engaged in a violent standoff with dozens of police on a street in Watertown, Mass., Thursday night, a resident said.

Andrew Kitzenburg, 29, said he looked out of this third floor window to see two young men of slight build in jackets shooting at dozens of police officers from behind a black Mercedes SUV. The officers and the men were 70 yards apart, he said, and engaged in “constant gunfire.”

A police SUV “drove towards the shooters,” he said, and was shot at until it was severely damaged. It rolled out of control, Mr. Kitzenberg said, and crashed into two cars in his driveway.

The two shooters, he said, had a large and unwieldy bomb. “They lit it, still in the middle of the gunfire, and threw it. But it went 20 yards at most.” It exploded, he said, and one of the two men ran towards the gathered police officers. He was tackled, but it was not clear if he was shot, Mr. Kitzenberg said.

The other, he said, got back into the SUV, turned it towards officers and “put the pedal to the metal.” The car “went right through the cops, broke right through and continued west.”

The two men left “a few backpacks right by the car, and there is a bomb robot out there now.” Police had told residents to stay away from their windows, he said.

The standoff came within hours of an incident at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, located across the Charles River from Watertown, in which a campus police officer was shot and killed.

The officer, who was not named, responded to a report of a disturbance near Vassar and Main Streets, the Middlesex County District Attorney Michael Pelgro said in a statement early Friday. He was found, the statement said with “multiple gunshot wounds” and taken to Massachusetts General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

M.I.T. said in an update on its campus alert Web site after midnight that the “shooter remains at large, police continue to search the campus,” and asked students to stay indoors until further notice.

At the campus, helicopters whirred overhead, and police cars were dotted through the streets. A crime scene was cordoned off, and at least one dog unit was on the scene.

The two incidents came as the area was already on edge following the bombings at the Boston Marathon on Monday.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/20/us/explosives-detonated-in-massachusetts-standoff.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #27 on: Apr 19, 2013 07:31 AM »

The BBC is making continuous reference to the boston bombings in the article abotu the MIT shooting, so you may well be right bor WCoast.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #28 on: Apr 19, 2013 07:34 AM »

Oh no not what I'm saying...that is the president of ISNA...a tweet from her when it all started.

BABA
 desibro

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #29 on: Apr 19, 2013 08:09 AM »

Suspects  ID'd vai Boston PD radio scanner as Suspect 1: Mike Mulugeta Suspect 2: Sunil Tripathi not comfirmed at the time I write this.

Article from some months ago saying how Tripathi went missing from Brown University - an ivy league school here in the US.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/sunil-tripathi-search-missing-ivy-league-student-expands/story?id=18801586#.UXDtE7Vwqul

Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #30 on: Apr 19, 2013 11:49 AM »

The BBC has confirmed the MIT shootings are the boston bombing suspects.

My only reaction is Alhmdulillah neither is muslim, its a hindu guy (still on the run, he drove thro a crowd of police officers!) and a white dude who appears to have been shot dead.

Makes me feel like crap to just feel overwhelming relief that it's not the mozlems, it shouldnt be like this.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #31 on: Apr 19, 2013 11:56 AM »

cable news here reporting that the 2 guys are brothers (19 and 20) originally from Chechnya
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #32 on: Apr 19, 2013 12:02 PM »

the names released here I can only remember one the other guys was also in the Metro but I left it on the tube, were very different; Sunil Tripathi and someone else, he sounded anglo saxon. But neither was Muslim so I was just utterly relieved.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #33 on: Apr 19, 2013 12:09 PM »

Mike Mulugeta is the one who died.

funnily all the papers have removed their names from their web versions!

tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #34 on: Apr 19, 2013 12:11 PM »

Name released here is "Dhokhar Tsarnaev" as the one at large, the younger of the 2 brothers....don't know which reports are correct...

Everybody just make lots of du'a....
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #35 on: Apr 19, 2013 12:16 PM »

Yes first it was like two desis, but now they think it's 2 chechnyan brothers!!! yikes... what a mess...
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #36 on: Apr 19, 2013 12:17 PM »

The AP news has names of two chechnyan brothers now!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #37 on: Apr 19, 2013 12:56 PM »

BBC now naming the two as Chechnyan brothers. Sad  Update: FBI confirmed one of the two names....
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #38 on: Apr 19, 2013 01:43 PM »

They are not going to have jummah prayers today Sad things sound like they are getting worse for our brothers and sisters
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #39 on: Apr 19, 2013 01:53 PM »

Really they're not having jummah where?

According to the BBC the uncle of the two men has confirmed their identity, they've been living in the US for the past ten years, they're originally from Chechneya Kyrgyzstan

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #40 on: Apr 19, 2013 01:59 PM »

In Boston, just saw the anouncement by Suhaib Webb.

Boston is under lock down tho, till the second suspect is found.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #41 on: Apr 19, 2013 02:13 PM »

The BBC is playing an interview with the uncle. He says they're from Dagestan, lived in Kyrzikstan etc and the parents are still in Russia. Apparently that area of Boston is a war zone right now. and they've cancelled events at the mosque but don't think Jumah? unless that area is under lockdown as well. But all public transport is shut down so how would people get there?

Update yes I see the message from Imam Suhaib: ISBCC annonces that it is closed today. There will be no Juma prayer. We encourage people to pray dhur instead. Stay safe.

What a mess!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #42 on: Apr 19, 2013 03:22 PM »

This is so unreal...just waking up to the new deveopments....craziness.... Huh? Sad

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #43 on: Apr 19, 2013 03:40 PM »

Oh purlease they are really trying to make the mozlem angle, the profile of the two brothers is trying to make them out to be devout mozlems.

This includes, the gems that the elder brother had a girlfriend and was very religious......he had given up drinking as god said no drinking(!)

For the voidance of doubt a practicing super religious muslim would not have been drinking or going out with girls in the first place.

Sounds more to me like he gave up alcohol to up his wrestling game. His coach probably told him no more drinking!

WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #44 on: Apr 19, 2013 04:29 PM »

Loving how passionate and clear the uncle is being....also, Americans getting a new geography lesson as well.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #45 on: Apr 19, 2013 04:51 PM »

Wow yes.. here's the uncle's interview... he sounds so mad and upset... poor guy

http://www.961kiss.com/pages/freakshow.html?article=11207232
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #46 on: Apr 19, 2013 05:20 PM »

My prayer is let everything stop at them. Let there be no any cleric beside them.

May Allah bring back tranquility to Boston.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #47 on: Apr 19, 2013 06:14 PM »

Ameen Br. Sadah....one of my new acquaintances that I met in Atlanta...her family is in Boston...they are fine...at home safe and did text a distant family member there..seems to be ok.

Yeah, the uncle is getting a lotta love online....really glad he was forceful in his words...do feel so sorry for him...to have to go through this...family sounds honest and hard-working...they appreciate what America has given them in terms of the opportunity to be a human being, as he said....

Saw many saying how uncles are the best (aunties too of course) in doing such things...another test for our community as well as for Americans in general...

On a slightly funnier but also sad note....some people thought the suspects were from the Czech Repulbic...getting confused with Chechnya...talk about ignorance and being uneducated.....*facepalm*

BABA'
 desibro

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #48 on: Apr 19, 2013 06:17 PM »

Here's the website I'm working on: http://www.jannah.org/muslimscondemnterrorism/  Please send me any good links you have!!!

PS the internet has found their youtube and twitter accounts. they sound like disenfranchised, wack kinda guys (like the uncle said 'losers') and since they had nothing else, thought they would go kill innocent people! so wack.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #49 on: Apr 19, 2013 10:42 PM »

His views on Islam were far from normal. I am the president of the Muslim Student Association here at UMassD and I approached him several times to join our group and learn and partake. He didn't want to join, nor be associated with us. We played soccer together weekly and I knew him fairly well. If there's one thing I can assure you it's that this kid was NOT a Muslim. He did drugs, he drank alcohol, he didn't want to help us when we were carrying out humanitarian relief efforts... he knew nothing of Islam.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: