// Boston
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Two missiles from an American jet killed them all – by my estimate, more than 20 Iraqi civilians, torn to pieces before they could be 'liberated' by the nation that destroyed their lives. Who dares, I ask myself, to call this 'collateral damage'?" - Robert Fisk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston  (Read 1387 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #75 on: Dec 20, 2013 05:29 PM »

This article from the Boston Globe is pretty fascinating (and very, very long) on the whole Tsarnaev family. It reads more like a true crime novel than an article. You know, I read it all and I still can't figure out this family. They were not "religious", yet these articles make it out like they became terrorists because they 'got more into Islam and started praying 5 times a day etc'. Yet all these articles go on and on about how disturbed, dysfunctional and disenfranchised they were. At the end of it all, I feel like they are the same as all these other "terrorists" -- disturbed (usually with real psychological problems) that get crazy and use Islam to manifest their neuroses with violence. (Just look at the 2 guys on trial right now in the UK. Talk about mental cases...)

And you know what, one day I would not be surprised to find out the FBI had undercover agent provacateurs working with them. There is also a whole lot more to do with the 'friend' they killed in Miami. No one seems to know anything about it.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/Page/Boston/2011-2020/WebGraphics/Metro/BostonGlobe.com/2013/12/15tsarnaev/tsarnaev.html
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #76 on: Dec 20, 2013 06:41 PM »

This article from the Boston Globe is pretty fascinating (and very, very long) on the whole Tsarnaev family. It reads more like a true crime novel than an article. You know, I read it all and I still can't figure out this family. They were not "religious", yet these articles make it out like they became terrorists because they 'got more into Islam and started praying 5 times a day etc'. Yet all these articles go on and on about how disturbed, dysfunctional and disenfranchised they were. At the end of it all, I feel like they are the same as all these other "terrorists" -- disturbed (usually with real psychological problems) that get crazy and use Islam to manifest their neuroses with violence. (Just look at the 2 guys on trial right now in the UK. Talk about mental cases...)

And you know what, one day I would not be surprised to find out the FBI had undercover agent provacateurs working with them. There is also a whole lot more to do with the 'friend' they killed in Miami. No one seems to know anything about it.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/Page/Boston/2011-2020/WebGraphics/Metro/BostonGlobe.com/2013/12/15tsarnaev/tsarnaev.html

Really, really scary. Particularly how the article talks about them manifesting their 'culture' through their 'religiousity' - I think that that one thing that the mainstream Muslims in America should have, is some form of a comprehensive Islamic information website. Because honestly, when people are left on their own with the information that is out there online, I'm not surprised that they screw up and either leave Islam or become insane radicals.

Edit: In no way am I blaming Islam for their actions, AT ALL - what I'm saying is that we need more pushing of the mainstream to not leave room for this kind of radicalization.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: