// Equal opportunities in KSA, Men deported for being too good looking
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Equal opportunities in KSA, Men deported for being too good looking  (Read 405 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Apr 18, 2013 10:19 AM »

I say introduce the face veil for Arab men, that way Arab women will not lose control of themselves in the presence of the irrisistable beauty of men. Furthermore men and women of all spectrum on the beauty scale will be able to go about their business without losing control of themselves thereby freeing the vice police to attend ot more important matters, such as chasing down women who dare to drive!

Saudi Arabia deports 'irresistible' men deemed 'too handsome' to women

Three men were forcibly removed from an annual culture festival in Saudi Arabia and subsequently sent back to the UAE after it was deemed that women could find them irresistible.

The delegates from the United Arab Emirates were in attendance at the Jenadrivah Heritage & Culture Festival in Riyadh, the Saudi capital, when religious police officers stormed the stand and evicted the men because “they are too handsome,” according to the Arabic language newspaper, Elaph.

“A festival official said the three Emiratis were taken out on the grounds they are too handsome and that the Commission [for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vices] members feared female visitors could fall for them,” Elaph reported.

The UAE released an official statement indicating that the religious police were anxious over the unexpected presence of an unnamed female artist in the pavilion.

“Her visit to the UAE stand was a coincidence as it was not included in the programme which we had already provided to the festival’s management,” Saeed Al Kaabi, head of the UAE delegation to the festival, said in a statement.

It was not clear if the woman’s presence was related to the decision to evict the “handsome” Emirati men.

:DFollowing the incident, Elaph said the festival’s management took swift action to deport the trio back to Abu Dhabi, capital of the Emirates.

With a majority Sunni Muslim population, Saudi Arabia is a deeply religious and ultraconservative society which forbids women from interacting with unrelated males and refuses to accord them with the same rights as men.

It is the only country in the world where women are banned from driving.

Change could be on the horizon, however, with billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal recently expressing his support for female drivers.

“The question of allowing women to drive in Saudi Arabia will save more than 500,000 jobs in addition to the social and economic benefits,” the prince tweeted on Sunday.

It is estimated that eight million foreigners work in Saudi Arabia and thousands have been dismissed from their jobs and then deported as part of a government effort against foreigners who live and work illegally in the country.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/10000341/Saudi-Arabia-deports-irresistible-men-deemed-too-handsome-to-women.html

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2013 11:13 AM »

Lol on the first comment!!

"Y'know, if you're going to post an article like this, you can at least post pics of the guys to go with it so we can judge for ourselves!"
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2013 11:18 AM »

Not my fault sis, the article didn't have pictures of this male equivelant of the hour al ayn on earth.

I was also wildly curious and sadly disappointed.

Perhaps its for the best, it wouldnt be seemly to lose control of oneself whilst at work pretending to be terribly busy.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 18, 2013 01:08 PM »

Going through the article I was thinking the same. Let me the pictures of these so called too handsome.

I do believe beauty lies in the hand of the beholder. What is handsome to me is not the same to someone. I would have really loved to see their pic that way I would have known what too handsome looks like.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Apr 18, 2013 02:37 PM »

LOL all the girls clicked on it looking for the pictures!! ;P Can someone help us out and find them!! :p
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #5 on: Apr 18, 2013 02:47 PM »

Hahaha...this made its way here too huh. There's a bit of a story behind this. Other reports say that there was an unsanctioned visit by a female emirati artist at the emirati stall at the festival and that prompted the religious police to shut down the stall and send the men back home. Then there was another video of the SANG roughing up one of members of the religious police and throwing him out of the festival and somehow that is supposed to be related to the above incident. Allahu'alam what the real story is. But, I liked the video Tongue Women and children were cheering and clapping as the mutawwa was being thrown out and I think Auntie, you and your girls would've been happy to join in had you been there Grin
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #6 on: Apr 20, 2013 08:49 PM »

NOBODY SAID  masha_allah  Wink

I guess you have to see the photos first hehe.

Ooh I want to see the video! Akhan, where is it?

LOL Sis J and Auntie, LOWA YO GAZE  Grin

Pretty funny though...too handsome....it's only natural to feel attracted, but the ladies can't be as bad as us, can they?  Wink

Sheesh, hormones...guess we are stuck with them lol.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Apr 21, 2013 10:29 AM »

I don't think we're as bad as guys, but if someone is extremely good looking and deemed to be "irresistible"! I think we'd notice :p
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21, 2013 12:32 PM »

I was telling a certain friend about this and she was like its possible. Think about Yusuf (AS). There is a possibility of having men who are too handsome. I told her I don't think we have people nowadays who have the characters of the prophets let alone talk of looks. 
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Apr 21, 2013 03:08 PM »

Yusuf (AS) had been marked by beauty, it was a peculiarity specific to him.

I've never met a man I'd look twice at, I can acknowledge that a person is good looking, but haven't yet met a man who was so stunning that one is, well, stunned!

Therefore (& if you're from Dubai forgive my cynicism), for there to be one such male during this festival amused me for there to be several is well just hilariously unbelievable!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Apr 25, 2013 01:06 PM »

Well ladies you requested it so here it is................... THE PIC OF THE MUSLIM GUY SO GOOD LOOKING HE HAD TO BE DEPORTED!!

He's kinda effeminate if you ask me... is that eyeliner/kohl? !

My husband is much better looking Alhamdulillah MashaAllah :p

and more.... http://blog.asiantown.net/-/17945/Ladies__for_your_treat__the_man_who_is_deported_from_Saudi_Arabia_for_being_too_HANDSOME_
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Apr 25, 2013 03:43 PM »

Bahahahahahaha, he needs to lay off the eyeliner and quit that pouting.

Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #12 on: Apr 25, 2013 05:04 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy oh dear a case of the storm being waaaaaaay bigger than the tea-cup... i agree not very masculine looking and having met Mr Jannah i agree with you!!! Smiley
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

« Reply #13 on: Apr 25, 2013 05:45 PM »

Kwaaaaaaaaak was my reaction when I saw it. I was like Na'h not really what I was picturing. But hey! if he was booted out of KSA who am I to say anything. He seems overconfident though.   
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Apr 25, 2013 06:36 PM »

Awww I feel a bit sorry for him now, dude is never going to live up to expectation.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Apr 26, 2013 11:59 AM »

Another article... I swear these just show up on my feeds. Thought this one was hillarious tho:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/25/omar-borkan-al-gala-dubai-saudi-arabia-too-handsome-pictures_n_3152761.html

Though he has not yet confirmed he was indeed one of the infamous three, Al Gala has modestly posted a link to the original news report on his Facebook page, along with such musings as: "The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides." Sigh.

We’ve messaged Al Gala to ask what it’s like to be so “really, really ridiculously good-looking” that you're thrown out of a country, and we’ll get back to you if he responds (and once we've had a lie down…)
Out of pure journalistic curiosity we're looking forward to checking out the other two chaps too.

lol tears.....
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Apr 26, 2013 12:36 PM »

he looks meh in western clothes, it's the Arabian get up that's doing it.

Ban all men from wearing dishdashes and kufi's it is spreading wanton behaviour bahahahahahahaha

akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #17 on: Apr 27, 2013 11:52 AM »

baba this is where they throw him out

الحرس الوطني في الجنادرية يعتدون على عضو الهيئة
akhan
Bro

« Reply #18 on: Apr 27, 2013 11:56 AM »

This is the chief of the religious police, Shaykh AbdulLatif Aal ash-Shaykh commenting on the issue. Can somebody translate it? I want to know what he has to say, coz they say he's a moderate person.

تعليق معالي رئيس الهيئات على حادثة رجل الهيئة مع افراد الحرس الوطني 1434 هـ
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #19 on: Apr 27, 2013 05:35 PM »

I think you ladies are quite sensible! I know a lot of girls who would go wack-crazy over these guys - someone recently shared the article and everyone is commenting saying how ridiculously attractive they are.
akhan
Bro

« Reply #20 on: Apr 27, 2013 08:24 PM »

I know a lot of girls who would go wack-crazy over these guys - someone recently shared the article and everyone is commenting saying how ridiculously attractive they are.
Really? Aren't those guys completely normal? I think I see 3-4 people everyday on the streets who are much more good looking than that guy.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #21 on: Apr 27, 2013 08:27 PM »

he does look like your average Arab dude to me (if a little taller than many) as well.

But then I've not actually conducted a close study of them!

The vice police were irrirtated because he appeared to be behaving in a rather agressive manner, I reckon he got thrown out for being a hooligan not jaw droppingly stunning.

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013 11:53 PM »

The Man Too Handsome for Saudi Arabia Who Wasn’t
May 3, 2013 1:33 am
Saudi Arabia often makes US (and international) headlines for its laws (legal mishaps?) regarding women, sex and religious minorities. Some of these stories undoubtedly belong there, but a surprising number gain traction thanks to a small amount of research and suspension of critical engagement. It seems that when it comes to Saudi Arabia (and sometimes her theocratic counterpart Iran, albeit less so),  the more bizarre the story may seem – in that way only the Saudi Arabia of our perception could normalize – the more believable it is.

News and blog media have a particular penchant for covering ridiculous, often inaccurate and even false fatwas (here's our quick definition and a more nuanced discussion on it). And in August 2012, the internet went into a bit of an uproar over the alleged building of an all-female city to promote women's participation in the workforce. Unfortunately, the dreams of the impending matriarchy were dashed when it was eventually revealed that the city was for both men and women, but created facilities specific for women to encourage their participation.

So, what's the latest Saudi Arabia headline wreaking havoc across the internet?

You have most probably heard by now that three Emirati men were allegedly thrown out of a cultural Janadriyah Festival by the Saudi religious police (pl. mutawaeen) for “being too handsome.” Most reports, however, have claimed the three men were actually deported from the Kingdom, itself, for their ‘seductive' lure that was apparently going to send the attending women into an incontrollable hormonal flux. Fementertainment blog, Jezebel, was amongst the first to reveal the identity of one of the alleged Emirati men, Omar Borkan Al Gala – a photographer, model, actor and poet. The internet went into self-fanning mode as several images of the young man went viral and thousands clamored to follow him on social media websites.

Unfortunately, no one in the English press bothered to actually fact check the story.

As it turns out, three men were not, in fact, deported from Saudi Arabia. Actually, no one was deported from Saudi Arabia and certainly not for being too handsome. And, actually, no one was even kicked out of the heritage and cultural festival except for a member of the religious police for protesting against the presence of a Gulf female singer. According to UK’s Al-Arab:

A member of the Saudi feared religious police, known as Mutawa, stormed the UAE pavilion at National Festival for Heritage and Culture, also known as Al Janadriyah, but was forced out by the Gulf Kingdom’s national guards.

The incident took place when the Mutawa member objected to the presence of the Emirati singer Aryam in her country’s pavilion.

A brief U-Tube film showed several guards surround the member of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice before they escorted him out of the pavilion at the annual festival in the Saudi capital Riyadh.
And that's it.

There was, indeed, an incident involving Al Gala (and apparently him alone): according to the head of the mutawaeen, Sheikh Abdullatif Al-Sheikh (Arabic source), Al Gala had made his way into the family section of the event and was dancing inappropriately. Several complaints were made against him and he was taken aside by members of the national guard, questioned and that was it. He was not asked to leave the event, let alone the country. It turns out his uncomfortable dancing and not his uncomfortably good looks were the reason for some cause for concern and discomfort at the festival.

Al Gala has yet to deny the story and would probably find little reason to do so considering the amount of fame he is now enjoying as The Man Too Handsome for Saudi Arabia, which has helped boost his online personality as well as his career. It should also be noted that some of the sources who were the first to report, in Arabic, that three men were removed from the festival/deported from Saudi Arabia are no longer found online.

While the laughs and light-hearted news from the oil lands of strife are being welcomed by news readers and makers as a nice departure from the usual headlines, this sort of misreporting is not only common but feeds into dangerous and reductionist stereotypes of Muslims and Muslim countries, especially as these stereotypes relate to gender and sexuality's interplay with Islamic law. Somewhere the story of an awkward dancer making families uncomfortable and the story of a member of the religious police being removed from the same festival crossed paths to create a ‘sexy' news story that just made sense enough for the imagined Saudi Arabia.

The common tendency to take stories about incidents in Muslim countries at face value, without much (easy) fact checking (language need not be a barrier with the glory that is Google Translate), offers coverage that only fuels mischaracterizations of the role of religion in the public and legal spheres. Additionally, in these stories and the ensuing commentaries, Muslims cease to exist outside political and social caricatures and are made to fit neat cookie-cutter ideas and images.

In an era of fast-paced news where there is a tendency for any story to go viral within minutes across millions of blue screens, the responsibility for factual, non-gullible news has become dire. This is especially the case when it comes to stories about Muslims, Muslim countries and Muslim and Islamic law.

http://www.islawmix.org/the-man-too-handsome-for-saudi-arabia-who-wasnt/#.UYQ--bVwqum

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: