Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Overheard in an English Composition Class  (Read 137 times)
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« on: Apr 22, 2013 03:31 PM »

Here is a conversation I read in a discussion forum of a Coursera English composition class. The instructors designed the feedback system such that every student assesses three to four essays from other students after every writing project. One student was very concerned with the feedback system. Read the excerpt below:

Student A:  I came to write not to assess. And what I have to assess is rubbish, but I have to be nice to them. Can you imagine that they may be assessing others work.

Student A: Great writing course. Video lectures very informative. But why do I have to assess so many. I want to learn to write not to assess. I shudder to imagine that some of these writers may actually be assessing my stuff.

Anonymous: Hi student A. I was so much remembered your name who I evaluted just yesterday. You are wrote tremendous good review but my mind is not able to give very much marks because you are written the essay with very much hard english. I am not find it easy to understand what your message is saying therefore I given you 3 marks [out of 6 available]. I am hope you are be greatfool because I given you many more mark even though I am not understood. Next time wrote in simple english and stop insulting other of us work.

Student A: Hi Anonymous. "Anonymous" is your name as is your life. A non-identity. Your post really proves my point. Please learn proper English before you comment on others. For example it is not, as you wrote, "I am hope you are be greatfool ...". It should be  "I hope you are grateful". Remember it is spelt "grateful" not "greatfool". A "great fool" is what you are.

Anonymous: Tanks for a correction Student A and I were GRATEFUL. Now tell me why should me not trying to reported you because of calling me a FOOL? That make you the second great FOOL! I will going to edit my assessment of essay of and I am give you 1 now.

Student A: Hi Great Fool. Ha Ha Ha. What a laugh. You make my day so good with your stupidity. I think you have a real stupid name and you are ashamed that your mother and father did not give you a good name. Or maybe their name is also Fool. Then yours is the family of Fools. But maybe I should you the family Joke. Or Dope. Your English is so dopey that I cannot believe this is for real. Please, please, please - - - I do not call you a Fool because you are a Great Fool. I will be honoured with a 0 score from you.

Anonymous: I am accepted I am great fool if you are also accepted you are a second great FOOL. If not you are accepted I am want to report you for abuse me.

PS: Don't kill your self laughing please because I nearly did.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 25
Riat8883 barely matters :(Riat8883 barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2013 04:12 PM »

Bro Sadah this is too much. Lol at greatfool. I read this in the minibus on the way home. Oh it was shame I couldn't laugh people would have wondered what was wrong. 

When I reached home I read it again and I laughed and my nanny and my son where like  Huh?  This is too much. I know my English is poor but hey hehehe. Kwaaaaaak that's how I laugh sorry.

Greatfool
sadah
Brother
Bro

sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2013 05:02 PM »

Now you are making me roll in the isles again. Very funny indeed.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23, 2013 11:55 AM »

Huh?? lol i've always noticed anonymous comments are always ridiculous!! ppl should abolish anonymous comments on articles and things!
sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #4 on: Apr 23, 2013 11:08 PM »

... ppl should abolish anonymous comments on... things!

Excluding madina please.  Smiley Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: