Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 23, 2014 06:33 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: The dhulan doth protest too much.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science  (Read 316 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« on: Apr 01, 2013 11:27 AM »

Hillarious...

===============

Gentlemen, they’re not just for hipsters and the homeless any more. While both dead sexy and totally awesome, beards are also a boon to your overall health. Researchers discovered that men with beards and moustaches actually enjoy numerous benefits including, but not limited to, instant handsomeness.

A study from the University of Southern Queensland, published in the Radiation Protection Dosimetry journal, found that beards block 90 to 95 percent of UV rays, thereby slowing the aging process and reducing the risk of skin cancer. Got asthma? Pollens and dust simply get stuck in that lustrous facial hair. Additionally, all that hair retains moisture and protects against the wind, keeping you looking young and fresh-faced. What’s more, shaving is usually the cause of ingrown hairs and bacterial infections that lead to acne.

Have you tossed your razor in the trash yet?

To conduct the study, researchers left bearded mannequins, along with less attractive, follically-challenged ones, in the blistering sun of the Australian outback and then compared the amount of radiation absorbed by each.

But don’t forget to take care of those blessed follicles; beards can also spread infection if not properly cared for and make consumption of certain foods (e.g. cheeseburgers, corn on the cob, falafel sandwiches—anything with hummus actually, bagel ‘n’ schmear, syrupy pancakes) rather laborious. Fuzzy-faced men would be wise to take advantage of beard wash and beard oil, essential tools for looking and feeling your beardy best.

http://worldobserveronline.com/2013/02/26/beards-keep-you-young-healthy-handsome-says-science/
islamicsocks

Reps: 108

[Banned]

« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2013 02:25 PM »

I can't grow one. I have less facial hair than the overwhelming majority of Desi women.
People should remember it is not Sunnah to grow a beard. It is actually  shirk to say it is Sunnah to grow a beard. It is Allah that grows the beard on people's faces. The  Sunnah is not to shave it off.

frenchbro
And moustaches without beards is the opposite to the sunnah. It is the beards we shouldn't shave and the moustache that we should cut.
While we are at Sunnah, you know the table clothe that loads of Arab men wear on their heads. That is actually the Sunnah of the jews of Kaybar. Mohummed pbh wore a turban. If anyone wants to see what the Sunnah Turban looks like, it is still there in a museum.
http://www.rehmani.net/articles_english/description-of-the-beloved-prophets/1.jpg

You know I actually don't like it when people say stuff like pray it is good for your back. Or fast it is good for your knees. Or pay Zakat it is good for your thumbs.
Why?
Well if people didn't believe it would have any worldly benefit. And maybe even thought it would be harmful to their worldly pleasures. But did it none the less to please Allah and no other reason. Wouldn't that be better for them?
And if the only reason for doing an Islamic act would be worldly benefit, wouldn't that be rejected by Allah as a good deed?
And when it comes to beards, to look handsome, and attract the girls. Isn't that the opposite of what we should want?
Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reps: 253

« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2013 03:54 PM »

I think there is nothing wrong telling people the good they find in something even if its not the purpose. We are told of so many benefits of things like swalah, zakaah or ramadhan. I don't think we fast because its good for our health. We started fasting long before these research as people also started keeping beard before this was known.     

Just my thoughts.
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Apr 02, 2013 12:34 PM »

Beards are wajib in certain schools! And I think it's a bit of semantics about 'shaving it off' versus 'keeping it'. But if one can't grow one like Malaysian brothers etc. that is a different story. Calling it shirk is ridiculous, and that is not a word a person should throw around as it has serious circumstances.
islamicsocks

Reps: 108

[Banned]

« Reply #4 on: Apr 02, 2013 01:08 PM »

Beard Question - Dr. Bilal Philips Yusuf Estes

Go to 3 minutes.

What I said isn't ridiculous. And it isn't playing with words. If you were a male that can't grow one you would realise. Some people assume people have the power to grow a beard. Or measure some ones iman by how much facial hair it is possible for him to grow.

Modified
I think I thought of a better way of explaining the shirk to you.
If someone said, the Malaysian brothers that can't grow beards should grow them, as big and hairy as the Punjabi men would that be shirk?
It is Allah that made them that way, humans including Malaysians themselves do not have the power to make their beards grow.
And, beardless is not limited to Malays.
There are even whites that can't grow them. Arabs too. Just as some women have facial hair, some men don't.
The issue here isn't anything to do with making it grow. If it was, then getting hair implants on to the face would become obligatory for men with now beards.
It is about not shaving it off.
And yes, saying it is a obligation to grow, can lead to Harram and shirk. Some brothers are told, "you should shave your face it will make your beard grow". So it is important to know, it isn't about growing it, it is about not shaving it off.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Beards Keep You Young, Healthy & Handsome, Says Science

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines