Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Ten Species of Angry Muslim Men Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 17, 2014 07:52 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: All the world's a kabob truck.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Ten Species of Angry Muslim Men
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ten Species of Angry Muslim Men  (Read 330 times)
Siham
Sis

Reps: 229

Ahla Haya

« on: Mar 30, 2014 05:17 PM »

We all had the pleasure of meeting some of them, whether through social media or in real life Wink

Ten Species of Angry Muslim Men
You are sitting comfortably in an assembly of Muslim men. Women are, as usual, segregated and safely secluded in a different room – as far as possible. Conversation is flowing with endless cups of chai as you begin to listen carefully to this fairly representative sample of Muslim masculinities. What are you going to hear? The discussion would inevitably focus on Islam with, as in any human gathering, a host of different views and positions. But there will be a certain variety, Little Big Men Little Overblown, who will be jostling each other to claim that they are the only true representative of God on earth. So here is a list of the type of Muslim men you may encounter in a typical gathering anywhere on the planet.

http://criticalmuslim.com/issues/08-men-islam/ten-species-angry-muslim-men

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2014 06:04 AM »

Don't like that article at all. It should be offensive to all Muslims. Everyone is struggling to practice their Deen, why make fun of that in such a deragatory way.
Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2014 05:25 PM »

Agreed, that everyone is struggling to practice their deen.... but there's a clear difference between recognizing that also in others and therefore being merciful and compassionate towards them, rather than going around condemning everyone in a harsh and rigid manner—believing that their Islam is the only way...

The Qur’an says to the Prophet Muhammad, God’s peace and blessings be upon him, “It is a mercy from your Lord that you are so gentle toward them. If you had been harsh and hard-hearted, people would have fled from your presence” (3:159). It is indeed the harshness and obstinacy of some overly zealous Muslims today, combined with the absence of mercy in their hearts, which is driving people out of Islam and deterring others from considering or even respecting it. They are conducting themselves based upon some misguided adherence to their understanding of Islam. They are uncertain in themselves, and so they feel threatened by anyone who might differ with them; through fanaticism, they attempt to protect themselves from doubt but result in only obscuring their view. Fanatics are blinded by the light of God as opposed to guided by it. The Prophet, God’s peace and blessings be upon him, warned of these people when he said, “Perish they who go to extremes.” We should try our utmost not to be one of them. —Shaykh Hamza Yusuf

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)
Nature
Sis

Reps: 794

« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2014 02:15 AM »

But it didn't come off as funny at all to me. It repeated the same thing over and over. 'Maniac Muslim' did a much better job of being funny, this was just mean.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2014 11:29 AM »

Yeah, it just seems to be a mean look at every kind of muslim that exists.
Siham
Sis

Ahla Haya

« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2014 07:48 PM »

Oh well, I don’t see how this is mean to every kind of Muslim that exists… You guys need to lighten up… there are some truth to this article; it all depends on how you view it.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Apr 07, 2014 11:58 PM »

Yeah, there's a line between funny and offensive that is very fine, subjective and movable. But this one totally crossed it imho.
lucid
Bro

Reps: 156

« Reply #7 on: Apr 10, 2014 06:14 AM »

I think that is a classification of weirdo muslims. 

most muslims aren't weirdos like that.  but we always remember the weirdos.   that's that problem.

i didn't fit into any of those categories.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Ten Species of Angry Muslim Men

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines