Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ramadan Poems & Quotes  (Read 171144 times)
Siham
Sis

Reps: 229

Ahla Haya

« Reply #50 on: Jul 21, 2012 10:18 PM »

Ramadan Quote:

"...Surely my prayer and my sacrifice, my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds..." (Qur'an, 6:162)

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2775

I heart the Madina

« Reply #51 on: Jul 09, 2013 10:13 PM »

Love these...

Yasmin Mogahed
In your darkness, remember the Light. In your sadness, remember that it was after the greatest sadness (loss of Khadeeja, Abu Talib, then Taif) that Allah gave the Prophet (pbuh) the greatest Nearness (Israa Wal Miraaj: The Night Journey). Allah first took away the Prophet's support from the creation, and then replaced it with the greatest comfort. So if it’s been your “Year of Sadness”, don’t despair. Ramadan is here. May Allah bless you all with His Nearness.

Suhaib Webb
Just saw Satan and his attorney at the county jail. Satan got 29-30 days. Make the most of this time. #Ramadân

Abu Eesa
I looked at every single issue to do with this month and its controversies whether that was moonsighting, calculations, sehri times, Iftar menus, Fajr times, number of units for Tarawih prayers, what day is Eed, the whole lot. And I realised that there's not a single thing here which is from the essentials of your faith and practice. Nothing here will affect you being a good Muslim or not. But being sincere with Allah in your worship of Him this month and then remembering, helping and being on the right side of those who need you so desperately right now such as in Syria, Egypt, Burma, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Guantanamo and everywhere where the Believers are being oppressed, well, that's a fundamental of your faith and truly determines your identity as a true Muslim. It is this which will make or break your Holy Month. Don't ever forget these folks who are fighting one way or the other for what makes up *your* identity.

Baraka Blue
From the outside this month is the great emptying, from the inside it is the great filling.
The faster is fed from a source unseen - may it's nourishment be absorbed totally! A sustenance from the Sustainer of all substance! Emptiness is (full)-filling; Each metaphysical morsel more so! How can the wine of wisdom and unveiling be poured into a vessel that is already full with the intoxication of this world? Intending solidarity in experience - not just in spirit - with those who know hunger. Happy Ramadan to you
and yours

Hamza Yusuf
"People tell me all the time "Muslims are arguing over stupid things, like the moon sighting. Every year we have this argument. Why can't we just work it out?!" Well, it is amazing that we are an Ummah that still cares about these things that much, to where they're actually important. Because a lot of religions don't even care about these things anymore and they're like "Who cares? What's the big deal?" And, that's their attitude towards their religion. But for Muslims, they do care! They want to do the right thing and there's different opinions about what the right thing is and they get passionate about it. Now, sometimes they become overzealous and that's a problem. But, better, in some ways, to be overzealous than to be dead, spritually, as a community! To not have any real zeal about your faith or your religion. So, I don't think that's a negative about the Muslims. What we're lacking is civil society. What we're lacking is Adab in ikhtilaaf (Etiquette in disagreement)."

Design Molvi
I'm already hearing people complaining about Ramadhan! Is it just me? If you're one of those who utters complaints about how long the fast is, how late taraweeh is, etc, just remember something: Allah does not need your fast, your salah, nor your taraweeh! He has given the month as a mercy to us, we are the ones in need! May Allah make us realise His favours upon us and make us act as grateful slaves! --

Abu Eesa
Muslims aren't worried about 8 or 20, how late it starts, how nice the reciter is etc. That's so 1990s!

Nah. It's all about "Is there AC?"

orangetree
Sis

Reps: 66

« Reply #52 on: Jul 10, 2013 12:12 PM »

Oh, these are lovely Ramadan quotes.  Very inspiring!  hijabisis

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz

Nature
Sis

Reps: 794

« Reply #53 on: Jul 22, 2013 07:50 PM »

A whole collection of Rumi's Ramadan poems!

http://www.majzooban.org/en/cultural/2781--rumis-ramadan-poem.html

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #54 on: Aug 15, 2013 06:41 PM »

We sin as if He does not see,

He forgives as He did not see.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: