Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Productive Was Your Day Today In Ramadan?  (Read 4254 times)
Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #25 on: Jul 02, 2012 05:43 AM »

Sorry Sis tahirah, I know about the rewards (Hazanat) for every letter. Every time I listen or read the Qur'an I feel the urge to understand it more and more. And I get such satisfaction from knowing that I got the meaning, that I am moved by it. I guess that was what I meant. I wouldn't want to imply otherwise. I apologize.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

tahirah
Sis

Reps: 199

« Reply #26 on: Jul 03, 2012 03:15 AM »

No apology necessary Smiley Sr. Halima, I was only clarifying my position. Hope it didn’t come off sounding obnoxious.  Embarrassed

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #27 on: Jul 03, 2012 04:58 AM »

7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Quran

By: Shabir Ali

(1) Intimate:

It dares you to disprove it. How? It says that humans can not write a book like this even if they pooled all their resources together and got help also from the spirits. The Quran said this fourteen hundreds years ago and yet no one has been able to disprove it. Billions of books have been written - but not another one like the Quran.

(2) Incorruptible:

It is the only religious sacred writing which has been in circulation for such a long time and yet remains as pure as it was in the beginning. The Quran was kept intact. Nothing was added to it; nothing was changed in it; and nothing was taken away from it ever since it was completely revealed 1400 years ago.

(3) Unsurpassable:

The Quran is God's final revelation to humankind. God revealed the Torah to Moses, the Psalms to David, the Gospel to Jesus, and finally the Quran to Muhammad. Peace be upon all of them. No other book will come from God to surpass his final revelation.

(4) Indisputable:

The Quran withstands the test of time and scrutiny. No one can dispute the truth of this book. It speaks about past history and turns out right. It speaks about the future in prophecies and it turns out right. It mentions details of physical phenomena which were not known to people at the time; yet later scientific discoveries confirm that the Quran was right all along. Every other book needs to be revised to accord with modern knowledge. The Quran alone is never contradicted by a modern discovery.

(5) Your Roadmap for Life and Afterlife:

The Quran is the best guidebook on how to structure your life. No other book presents such a comprehensive system involving all aspects of human life and endeavor. The Quran also points out the way to secure everlasting happiness in the afterlife. It is your roadmap showing how to get to paradise.

(6) God's Gift of Guidance:

God has not left you alone. You were made for a reason. God tells you why he made you, what he demands from you, and what he has in store for you. If you operate a machine contrary to it's manufacture specification you will ruin that machine. What about you? Do you have an owner's manual for you? The Quran is from your function for success lest you fail to function. It is a healing mercy from God. It satisfies the soul, and cleans the heart. It removes doubts and brings peace.

(7) Your Calling Card to Communicate with God:

Humans are social creatures. We love to communicate with other intelligent life. The Quran tells us how to communicate with the source of all intelligence and the source of all life- the One God. The Quran tells us who God is, by what name we should address God, and the way in which to communicate with God. Are these not seven sufficient reasons for reading the Quran?

[/b]http://english.islamway.net/bindex.php?section=article&id=262

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

the_truth
Bro

Reps: 196

« Reply #28 on: Jul 20, 2012 11:08 PM »

Make this a truly productive Ramadan!

The following are 2 threads which will help inshallah:

12 Ways to Maximize Everyday this Ramadan

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=5622.0

Ramadan Worship Checklist

http://jannah.org/madina/index.php?topic=6826.0

the_truth
Bro

« Reply #29 on: Jul 31, 2012 07:39 PM »

Ramadan tip:

Had a bad day of not doing much worship:

If you have had a bad day today where you have not read much Qur’an or done much dhikr etc. then do not let it put you off or let it ruin the rest of the evening or following days worship. Just pick yourself up and carry on. Do not let the time we have wasted make us waste even more time.

The main thing is not to overwhelm ourselves but also not to underwhelm ourselves. So we should strike the right balance so that we can continue doing a good amount of good deeds daily. But what we must never do is let our lack lustre performance with regards to worship deter or stop us from improving and progressing. We must keep striving and keeping in mind the blessings of this month.

We must also try our best to imprint, internalise and always keeping in our minds the following:

“I cannot afford to waste a second of this blessed month and that I must say and do everything that will please Allah and that will benefit me in this world and the next and that I must leave anything which may anger or displease Allah and may harm me and not benefit you in this world or the next.”

Write it down somewhere where you think you will be able to keep referring to it. Even print it out and hang it up. This should be the way we live each and every second of our lives.
 If we lived with this concept then surely we will be successful inshallah!

the_truth
Bro

« Reply #30 on: Aug 16, 2012 05:03 AM »

Tips 19: It is more about quality Dua's than length or quantity of Dua's :

It is not necessarily the quantity or length of Dua's that is important but it is the quality of one's Dua which really matters the most. Quality in that we make Dua to Allah like a slave and begger in proper humility and meekness asking of Almighty Allah the Lord and master of the Universe the majesty of honour and generosity, the most high and honoured one whereas we are most low and insignificant like a speck of dust.

Let us ask of him because we are in need but know that he does not need us. Even if every human was to stop worshipping him then that would not take anything away from his majesty and honour.

It is very important that we concentrate and be mindful of Allah whilst doing Dua and do not let our minds wonder. We should not be neglectful in our dua's because if we do not focus on Allah in our Dua's then why should he focus on us whilst we are making Dua?

Whilst in Dua we should try to imagine Almighty Allah in front of us watching us make Dua to him. We should try to be as sincere as possible whilst in our Dua’s,  so it is far better if we try to cry out of meekness and humility and are most remorseful of our sins past and present and that we resolve never to repeat them again. We should cry for the salvation of ourselves and our parents and families and those of our families. We should cry like sincere beggers and slaves to the master of the Universe. We should cry for the sad state our Ummah and for our brothers and sisters that are being oppressed and for those that are ill and those that are starving and in poverty. But if we cannot cry then we should at least make our face like we are crying.

It is also recommend to make a Dua list that one can refer to it whilst in Dua so one does not forget what to make Dua for. We should try to mix our worship so we do not feel tired or bored. Therefore we should devote much of the night to the Qur'an and make much Dhikr and Dua in between. We should also pray Tahajjud and make Dua after it as Dua is readily accepted in the latter part of the night and just before Fajr begins.

So let us make the best of each and every second of this most blessed and precious month and make the most quality,  sincere and intense Dua's as we will NEVER get this Ramadan back again once it is gone and there is no guarantee that we will make it until next Ramadan.

the_truth
Bro

« Reply #31 on: Jul 19, 2013 10:53 PM »

Tip 20:

Follow these tips below to assist you in increasing your worship and connection with Allah (subhana wa ta’ala):

1. Grab a nap

Carving out time for a 10- or 20-minute nap during the day will make you feel more alert and boost your mood, concentration and motor skills. If your schedule allows for it, find a cool quiet place to lie down to make it easier to fall asleep. Make sure you don’t nap for much longer than 20 minutes or you’ll wake up groggy. Take your nap just before Asr so that you’re good to go for taraweeh.

2. Hit the gym

It may be the last thing you want to do when you’re already tired, but exercise is an excellent way to recharge, according to Beth Mansfield, a clinical exercise physiologist and registered dietitian in Ottawa. Any amount of physical activity—even a 10-minute walk—will increase blood flow to all parts of your body making you feel more energetic. Take three 10-minute breaks for exercising throughout the day, or even before taraweeh.

3. Eat for energy

Even a modest amount of sleep deprivation can affect grehlin and leptin, the hormones responsible for keeping your metabolism working properly. This can make you feel hungrier and may lead to cravings for high-calorie, high-carb foods. But munching on those will only make you feel zonked again later when your blood sugar crashes. To eat for energy, start your day with a suhoor/breakfast made up of healthy carbohydrates, such as oatmeal with one-half cup of fruit, or cottage cheese.

4. Fill your cup

Lack of fluids can make you feel fatigued, so make sure you’re drinking about 1 mL of fluid for every calorie you eat, says Mansfield. That means if you consume a 2,000 calorie diet, you need about eight cups (2,000 mL) of fluids per day to stay hydrated and energized. Water isn’t your only option: you can also hydrate with milk, tea and wet foods, such as yogurt and soups. If you’ve got a coffee habit, drinking caffeine will temporarily make you more alert by blocking sleep-inducing chemicals in the brain. Just be sure to limit your intake to one 8oz. (250 mg) of caffeine per day to ensure that your coffee habit won’t block out your mind.

5. Do a mini-meditation

Meditating can re-energize you by relaxing your mind and body, says Toronto mind-body therapist Louise Gabrielle. In the middle of the day, spend five minutes doing a conscious relaxation exercise: lie down on the floor with your legs on a wall, your arms at your sides and your head on a pillow (keep your hips close to the wall to avoid knee strain). Focus your mind’s attention on each body part, inviting your whole body to relax. Another option is lying on the ground with your calves and feet up on the seat of a chair. “When your legs are raised up, it’s very good for regenerating the body,” Gabrielle advises. If you like, add in some gentle breathing, inhaling slowly and fully.

So there you go- Get energised and get going!

Source: http://ramadanpdp.wordpress.com/

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: