// Egypt, Syria, Burma... the Muslim world
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Egypt, Syria, Burma... the Muslim world  (Read 486 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #25 on: Aug 20, 2013 02:29 PM »

Actually thinking about it, the peaceful protestors weren't fighting or causing bloodshed, their protest would have been valid wouldn't it, they were making their disapproval tacit without causing harm.

I'm pretty sure we are allowed to do that, if we see evil we must stop it physically, or verbally or silently leave and disapprove it in our hearts.

The peaceful protestors weren't causing harm.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #26 on: Aug 20, 2013 04:33 PM »

Salam alaikum

I dont think you need to be a scholar to be able to tell right from wrong.  Accepted, we are not there on the ground, dont have all the facts to our disposal... BUT: anyone who knows the history of egypt will tell you that there has never really been justice there in the last 100 years.  So the army kept law and order under Mubarak...yes, they did, but how did they do it? Martial law or no law at all, it was a free for all.  If the soldier didnt like the way you walked, he could arrest you on a whim, and nobody would find out where you were.  People were not allowed to say what they felt, nevermind protest peacefully or otherwise...i used to laugh at the election posters saying "na3am mubarak", everyone knew there was no other option, it was not a democracy, he would have no challenges...

The same army is still there, and controling things despite there being a figurehead president...he did try to limit their power, and look what happened to him...so great army, la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah.

I have yet to see a just system under military rule.  And I would like to see the ahadith which state that Egypts soldiers are righteous until yaum al qiyaamah, and one should always follow them...

It is a non-argument for me.  But I understand that there can be confusion if the scholars are saying things which seem contrary to our understanding of the situation.  There are scholar who support all sorts of regimes, speak in favour of them [insert any government you like from syria to the gulf]...and I mean no disrespect to them.  We dont have the full story..

So lets leave it at: Allah knows the truth, and I believe that the truth will always surface and overcome the falsehood.  Let us rely on Allah swt and no-one and nothing else.
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #27 on: Aug 21, 2013 01:54 AM »

hmm..so we were right. Sheikh Bin Baaz's fatwa given during the Gulf War says that locking doors should only be done when it's unclear who's the oppressor and the oppressed.

http://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/6837-saudi-religious-scholars-condemn-military-coup-in-egypt
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #28 on: Aug 21, 2013 02:06 AM »

Saw this on Omar Suleiman's page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pr0zGYqgjUg#at=41

It seems another scholar spoke out against the coup in Masjid Nabawi. Won't be long before he's put behind bars. May Allah protect him.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #29 on: Aug 21, 2013 05:41 PM »

Thanks Sheikh for those links. I was skeptical of going deeper on the issue. We just have to continue praying for them.

It is all about power and nothing else. Innocent people being the stooges in any case.

Look at today's traumatizing deaths in Syria:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23777201

I think this article explains what is going under the hood:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23775816

For decades Saudi Arabia used its petrodollar wealth to fund the Brotherhood and other Islamist movements around the world. But in recent years Saudi rulers have increasingly seen Islamism as a threat to themselves and their friends.
The nightmare of many Saudis and other Gulf Arabs was that, having conquered much of North Africa, Islamism would take over their countries, too.

I am afraid the Fitnah that the Prophet had prophesied seems rife. Here are few ahaadeeth from Sahih Bukhari's Book of Affliction and End of the World:

Hadith no 200: Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, "Beware! Do not renegade as (disbelievers) after me by striking (cutting) the necks of one another."

No 203: Narrated Abu Huraira:
Allah's Apostle said, "There will be afflictions (in the near future) during which a sitting person will be better than a standing one, and the standing one will be better than a walking one, and the walking one will be better than a running one, and whoever will expose himself to these afflictions, they will destroy him. So whoever can find a place of protection or refuge from them, should take shelter in it."

No 206: Narrated Hudhaifa bin Al-Yaman:
The people used to ask Allah's Apostle about the good but I used to ask him about the evil lest I should be overtaken by them. So I said, "O Allah's Apostle! We were living in ignorance and in an (extremely) worst atmosphere, then Allah brought to us this good (i.e., Islam); will there be any evil after this good?" He said, "Yes." I said, 'Will there be any good after that evil?" He replied, "Yes, but it will be tainted (not pure.)'' I asked, "What will be its taint?" He replied, "(There will be) some people who will guide others not according to my tradition? You will approve of some of their deeds and disapprove of some others." I asked, "Will there be any evil after that good?" He replied, "Yes, (there will be) some people calling at the gates of the (Hell) Fire, and whoever will respond to their call, will be thrown by them into the (Hell) Fire." I said, "O Allah s Apostle! Will you describe them to us?" He said, "They will be from our own people and will speak our language." I said, "What do you order me to do if such a state should take place in my life?" He said, "Stick to the group of Muslims and their Imam (ruler)." I said, "If there is neither a group of Muslims nor an Imam (ruler)?" He said, "Then turn away from all those sects even if you were to bite (eat) the roots of a tree till death overtakes you while you are in that state."

It would be important if we seek scholars' explanations of those ahadeeth and other ones on the issue.

May Allah safeguard our Iman and make us return to Him as believers.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #30 on: Aug 21, 2013 07:10 PM »

And now, Mubarak will be freed also... Maybe even as soon as tomorrow.  If he doesnt come back to government, no doubt he will disappear into a luxurious life somewhere in the gulf...

The people chose Mursi...but what the people want has never been important, esp if said elected government has anything remotely to do with Islam. 

The worst part is that it s our own ppl doing the killing, attacking n assassinating .. No laming an outside enemy. It is our "brothers", our neighbours...subhanAllah
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #31 on: Aug 21, 2013 09:27 PM »

It's horrible. I'm part of an Arab Facebook group for students at my international branch of schools, and I can't believe my eyes at the arguments that I see. I never understood the meaning of blind hatred till today. Arguing politics, utterly blindly rabidly supporting all actions of the military because people hate the MB so much....it's disgusting.
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #32 on: Aug 22, 2013 04:54 AM »

Assalam 'alaykum,

Todays (unverified) reports about a chemical attack in Syria, in areas including Ghouta was received with a particularly heavy heart by the charity SKT Welfare. Not only because of the mass fatalities which have resulted - and the footage emerging is truly horrific - but also because in these past few weeks the charity has been delivering aid provision into this very area (amongst others). This has been despite the obvious risk associated with such activity. So for us, this news was especially disconcerting.

Truth remains a casualty in the propaganda war being fought in Syria, but our concern isn't with laying blame, or taking sides. Rather, our focus - as always - remains the humanitarian cost which this relentless and bloody conflict is incurring.

We ask you to pray for those affected by this awful atrocity, for the entire population of Syria, and also for those brave volunteers who are risking life and limb to help those in need, both within the country and further afield in the refugee camps.

- on behalf of SKT Welfare

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: