Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eid Mubarak 2013 !!  (Read 426 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2796

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 07, 2013 07:25 PM »

Salams & Eid Mubarak from London!! Cheesy Smiley We are doing Eid tomorrow inshaAllah! TaqabalAllah minna wa minkum. May Allah accept our efforts, forgive us, answer our Ramadan duas and bless our next year!

happyeid

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: Aug 07, 2013 07:52 PM »

Wasalam

Eid mubarak to all...we are also having eid tomorrow, may Allah bless us and accept everything we did to please Him during this month, and may He forgive and pardon us...

Jannah, u've taken over from BrKhalid, he is usually always first with the eid greetings:-))

Be well everyone, and remember this madina family n your duas inshaAllah
Salam
S.

Halima
Sis

Reps: 397

« Reply #2 on: Aug 07, 2013 08:08 PM »

Eid Mubarak! Taqabalallahu Minaa Waminkum Saalihal Amaal. Kullu Aam Wa'amtum Bikhayr!

We all have a joyous Eid, Insha-Allah.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reps: 388

Dont be sad...

« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2013 08:48 PM »

Kullu amin wa antum bi khair - from Nairobi, Kenya.

Our is on Friday insha Allah. Double sawab insha Allah  Smiley bebzi

I like this tweet: Islam ‏@RTIslam: Don't just tweet or text or call, meet your family and friends in Eid and wish them Eid Mubarak =)

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"

Riat8883
Ramadan Diaries

Reps: 253

« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2013 08:51 PM »

Eid Mubarak to all. May Allah accept our fasting. May he also fill all the gaps we had in this with our shortcomings with good deeds. We are praying on Friday in Malawi.

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1249

« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2013 10:00 PM »

Eid saeed.

My sisters doing Eid Friday tho, after the Hilal fiasco and the almost 28 day Ramadan, a lot of masjids are doing 30 day fasts to be on the safe side. Saudi officials should be ashamed frankly.

Such a shame as we all started together so united.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2013 10:05 PM »

We'll find out today whether it's on Friday or Saturday, according to calculation it will be Friday but India goes by sighting it.

Eid saeed.

My sisters doing Eid Friday tho, after the Hilal fiasco and the almost 28 day Ramadan, a lot of masjids are doing 30 day fasts to be on the safe side. Saudi officials should be ashamed frankly.

Such a shame as we all started together so united.

What fiasco? And what happened in Saudi?

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1249

« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2013 12:36 AM »

There was an announcement from Saudi yesterday that everyone should start sighting the moon as they started Ramadan early & if the moon was sighted we should celebrate Eid on the 28th day and keep one fast later on any day but the two eids.

I seriously think the UK needs to stop following Saudi Arabia, I vividly recollect the year we were told that Eid had been declared too early & promptly paid fidya for the entire kingdom. Except there's us following them like so many sheep.

We need our own moon sighting committee & go with what they find

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

akhan
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2013 02:01 AM »

Here's what I found. Ramadan began after 30 days of Shaban, not by sighting the moon because during the last days there were sandstorms. So, there might've been the possibility that Ramadan was declared a day late. That's why they asked people to sight the moon a day early, had it been sighted eid would've been after 28 days and they'd have to make up a day later on to compensate for the first day. Anyway, none of that is necessary now, alhamdulilah.

UK follows Saudi? Never knew that. The state of Kerala follows Saudi in India, the other states have their own hilal committees and go by sighting the moon. Last year the moon wasn't sighted in our state so based on the rest of India and the need to stay united, the chief declared eid.

orangetree
Sis

Reps: 66

« Reply #9 on: Aug 08, 2013 11:12 AM »

Eid Mubarak to everyone!   flowersis

I'm celebrating today.  May Allah accept our fasts and shower us with His blessings.

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz

akhan
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Aug 08, 2013 07:02 PM »

Eid mubarak folks, moon's been sighted here.

Mohamed
Bro

Reps: 22

« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2013 08:14 PM »

Eid Mubarak madinaflag  bebzi

May our fasts and prayers be fully accepted, Ameen.

hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reps: 69

« Reply #12 on: Aug 09, 2013 11:09 AM »

Eid mubarak everybody... salaam happyeid happyeid

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."

Mubaraka
Sis

Reps: 412

« Reply #13 on: Aug 09, 2013 01:37 PM »

Eid Mubarak to you all!!!!

eidmubarak

happyeid

Nature
Sis

Reps: 804

« Reply #14 on: Aug 09, 2013 05:07 PM »

A late Eid Mubarak!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Aug 09, 2013 11:17 PM »

Salam,

We used to do Eid day diaries at one time!! Well as for our Eid, we decided to go to the 8am Eid prayer, they're almost on the hour from 6am to 11am!! So crazy... so you can just pick which one you want to go to. We got ready and took some requisite Eid pics, opened our Eid presents (I got Eidi and brK got a new phone!!)!! Then we drove over to the Mosque. There were a lot of stalls outside and ppl selling things. The ladies were split up in two halls, and we could see the mens on a big screen. Sh Kamal al Makki from America gave our khutbah (go USA!) Some of the ladies started leaving right after Eid salah!! Uhhhhh it don't count unless u listen to the khutbah! Luckily they have alot of those volunteer ladies that were making ppl sit back down!  madauntie

Then we went to the in-laws house and had some nice traditional desserts, more present/eidi exchange. Then we went home to have our traditional 'eid nap'. And in the evening we went to dinner at my mother-in-laws house. She made some awesome lamb biryani! So there you have it!!

The Hall:

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #16 on: Aug 10, 2013 09:24 AM »

Salam alaikum

So glad you had a nice first eid, mashaAllah. Mandatory eid nap, good for you, mashaAllah:-) and getting to spend time with the family is special too...

Oh the mosque stories are the same all over the world...our imam even announced that those who want to leave should just go quietly and not make more noise outside the masjid. But nobody heard him anyway...sigh...guess it dont matter where you go.

Thanks for the eid diary...i didnt even think of taking pics, inshaAllah next eid...

Wasalam
S.

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reps: 388

Dont be sad...

« Reply #17 on: Aug 11, 2013 06:25 AM »

Salamun alaikum

We didn't have options like you had sister Jannah as the two masjids around us prayed Eid on Thursday as against the announcement by the Kenyan Muslims council and we no knowledge of the mosques in Nairobi that would pray on Friday. We could have joined one of them if we had known earlier that everyone around us was gonna pray that day. Anyway, I am more comfortable with the opinion of every region going by their own sighting. I was surprised when someone told me one mosque announced that they would go by any sighting anywhere in the world because they didn't pray on Wednesday which was the official Eid day in Niger republic. I hate these divisions, but since there's little one can do, I just pray God accept everyone's Ibadah.

I found a brother on twitter who gave me directions to a mosque in the southern part of Nairobi that would pray at 8:30. We commuted via commercial bus which made us arrived there at around 8:45. Luckly, they decided to start the prayer at 9:00. The Khudbah was so inspirational and well timed. I wished I had recorded it. One of the things talked about was about the gravity of hurting/harming others and he stressed on the power of du'a of someone who is hurt (whether muslim or non muslim). That person's du'a has no any barrier! He also reminded us on the recommended sittu shawwal fasting.

We came back to our house at around 11am. We had a dinner together with some of the christian students we stay with. It was awesome indeed and I think everyone enjoyed it. The evening was for calls and messages to people at home for good wishes. We went to an amusement park the following day (yesterday) where we had some Eid fun (we played golf and some other stuff excluding haram ones I guess). The Eid has not been as boring like we anticipated.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Aug 11, 2013 12:45 PM »

ooooooooohhh are we posting our eid clothes now!! nice suit brother!!!

i was trying to find a pic of the lamb biryani we had but can't find it! must have eaten too quickly hungry

so i'll add... fish and chips and yummy choc biscuits!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: