25 Sunnah’s of Eid
1. To awaken earlier than usual
2. To brush the teeth with Miswaak
3. To have a bath (Ghusl)
4. To be well dressed in an Islamic manner
5. To be dressed in one’s best clothes (Doesn’t necessarily have to be new) Note:
Care should be taken that we do not incur debts or transgress the limits of modesty on the clothes we purchase and wear on Eid day as is seen in Muslim communities of today. Many of our brothers are seen with unsuitable haircuts and inappropriate clothing imitating the kufaar and many of sisters are seen dressed provocatively attracting unwanted attention and the gaze of strange men upon them. What would happen if we were to die in such a state? We should adopt modesty in everyday of our loves and should never imitate the kufaar in anyway. May Allah save us from this evil. Ameen
6. To use Attar (Perfume)
7. To perform Eid Salah at the Eidgah (An open ground)
8. Avoid eating before Eid Salah on the day of Eid ul Adha and to eat an odd number of dates or anything sweet on the day of Eid ul Fitr
9. To go to the place of Eid Salah early
10. To walk to the place of Eid Salah (If it is within walking distance because every step is reward)
11. To read aloud “Takbeerat”
on the way to the place of prayer for Eid-ul-Adha and silently for Eid-ul-Fitr:
“Allaahu Akbar Allaahu Akbar Laa ilaaha illallaahu Wallaahu Akbar walillaahil hamd”.
12. To use different routes to and from the place of Eid Salaah
13. To frequently read the takbeers (Loudly for Eid Ul Adha and softly for Eid ul Fitr)
14. To pray the Eid-Ul-Fitr prayer later and the Eid-ul-Adha earlier.
15. To read two rak’ahs Waajib Salaatul Eidain without any Adhaan or Iqaamah
16. It is forbidden to pray Nafil prayer before or after the prayer.
17. To read the two rak’ahs Nafl prayer on reaching home.