// Egypt, Syria, Burma... the Muslim world
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Egypt, Syria, Burma... the Muslim world  (Read 477 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 15, 2013 12:20 PM »

salam,

such a heavy heart today. how can we understand these events going on in our world today Sad
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2013 12:41 PM »

I don't know.

But, if Duas are indeed the weapons of the believers, now is the time to put that to the test.

I know what you mean tho, I can't bear it.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15, 2013 03:24 PM »

Pure lack of humanity.May Allah grant everyone hidayah.
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15, 2013 06:41 PM »

Wasalam

You know, whenever i think "what the heck, whats going ON, how can we cope with this"... I think of how the people who are living the nightmare cope, and subhanAllah, it gives me so much hope.

I know people suffering in Syria, in Palestine, some living with the uncertainties in Egypt, and whenever I speak to them, their faith increases mine!  These people in these horrible situations turn to Allah and rely on Him, and all they ask for is our duas.

Thats why I think we really should make duaa at the very least, sincerely...becuase the prayer for a brother in his absence is answered.  And I would not know If I would be able to turn to Allah faced with the same tests...

And we should make istighfaar...a lot!  I remember one sheikh saying (while answering questions on palestine, someone asked what the palestinians did that Allah would punish them n such a manner :-((  the sheikh said, it is because of all our sins that al quds and the holy lands are not in our hands...it is what our hands have sent before us, it is not the palestinians fault, but each and every one of us, because of our sins. 

So keep making duaa, this is also a test for us, for ur imaan, our constancy and belief in Allah.

Just heard that they bombs fell near the south african gift of givers hospital in darkoush, syria. 

May Allah give us all steadfastness and everything we need to emerge from all of this victorious, and may He accept the suffering as a means of getting closest to Him.

Wslm
S.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15, 2013 07:06 PM »

You are right sister.You reminded me of this verse in surah Anfal

"But Allah would not punish them while you, [O Muhammad], are among them, and Allah would not punish them while they seek forgiveness."

May Allah forgive us our sins and may He bring peace to our lands.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Aug 16, 2013 12:22 PM »

Praying this Jumah is a peaceful one Sad Seeing all those dead bodies lined up in shrouds in Masjid al Imaan Cairo is just heartbreaking Sad
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #6 on: Aug 16, 2013 02:08 PM »

Saw this on Sheikh Alaa's page "The Egyptian ministry of health refuses to give the martyrs back to their families unless they sign that they committed suicide. A new low!"

Allahu musta'an
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16, 2013 05:33 PM »

Innah lillah wa innah Iley hai rajeoon.

They are martyrs each and everyone. May Allah send his help to the weak and retribution to the ones doing this zulm.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Aug 16, 2013 10:34 PM »

This says it all doesn't it... and God has anyone heard that khutbah the Saudi king did today!!! Ridiculous.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #9 on: Aug 16, 2013 11:05 PM »

I am just speechless! Honestly, what do you say in such a situation. Something like that can happen and the whole world is just watching and just condemning it from afar. The Muslims are all helpless.

Sister Shahida, Dua's were recited in Ramadan in every single Masjid around the world for the what is happening the Muslim world. The Dua's continue to recited. May Allah SWT protect the innocent. Ameen.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Shahida
Sis

Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #10 on: Aug 17, 2013 03:05 AM »

Omg, how ridiculous even the statement by the saudi king...these ppl dont realise they will answer one day for every word nevermind action

ameen to everyones duaas, our brothers are being assassinated on the streets of egypt,and western media says it is their own fault...so many with direct wounds to head n chest...

i could never understand how they can do this to their own ppl...subhanAllah

i keep praying for them all, and also that Allah does not impose such trials on us.  Remember when Syria had a huge "iraqi refugee problem"? Now they are the refugees, and we cant even blame some outside force for the chaos...how quickly things changed there, may Allah protect this Ummah.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Aug 17, 2013 12:49 PM »

This is so sad.... http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/08/16/toronto_man_killed_by_sniper_in_egyptian_clashes.html

May Allah enter him into Jannah and give sabr to his family. May Allah help his daughter to grow up knowing how brave her father was.
sadah
Brother
Bro

sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #12 on: Aug 17, 2013 05:36 PM »

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajiun.

O Allah you are witness to the oppression and unjustifiable murder of your servants. Be their rescuer ya Allah and bring peace to their lands. Reward the deceased with Jannatul Firdaus and give their family sabr for You are Powerful over everything.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Shahida
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Aug 17, 2013 10:52 PM »

Ameen ya Rabb! Powerful duaa, bro, jazakAllah khair...

They are martyrs, there can be no better end. And may Allah be with the families left behind and give them strength. 

The world is so upside down, watching the news here, haqq is baatil and baatil is presented as haqq...and we just have to realise that people just dont want to see the truth anymore. And our own "brothers" are supporting the killing of the innocents... We will all have to face our Rabb one day, if only we kept that thought foremost in our minds.

Things are getting worse for the muslims, and our very faith is being tested both directly and indirectly. May Allah swt keep us steadfast,

Wslm
S.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Aug 18, 2013 12:29 PM »

This is such a lesson for all of us. I could never have had the strength and Iman she has.

From the sister's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notes/asmaa-hussein/teaching-myself-how-not-to-lose-hope-amr-kassem-1987-2013/10151623014152545

Teaching myself how not to lose hope: Amr Kassem 1987-2013
August 18, 2013 at 10:05am

"Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allah as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision. They rejoice in what Allah has bestowed upon them of His Bounty and rejoice for the sake of those who have not yet joined them, but are left behind (not yet martyred) that on them no fear shall come, nor shall they grieve. They rejoice in a Grace and a Bounty from Allah, and that Allah will not waste the reward of the believers." (Ale Imran; 169-171)

My husband, Amr Mohamed Kassem who was 26 years old, returned to his Lord on Friday after Asr. He was shot through his chin and the bullet exited the back of his neck. He was at a protest in Alexandria, calling for justice for all those who had been killed mercilessly by the army in the previous days and weeks all over Egypt.

Yesterday morning I went to the morgue at a nearby hospital in Alexandria to see Amr before he would be washed and buried in the next few hours. When I arrived, there were many people waiting outside the doors to see their own family members as many people were killed the same day as Amr. Some of Amr's friends and relatives were there, too. After waiting for a while, I entered the room where his body was lying on a table, covered by a long blanket. I stood beside him and uncovered his face, and there he was, my love, lying there cold even though I had seen him strong and happy and smiling less than 24 hours before that moment. I stroked his beard, part of it was still soft, but part of it felt hard because of the dried up blood. His nose was bloodied and he had a cut beside his eye but he was beautiful, even in death - silent as though sleeping. I touched his lips and his cheeks, they were cold.

I stood there for some time looking at his face, feeling as though my heart was being repeately run over by a truck. I refused to cry loudly but tears were streaming down my cheeks, and I told him "I love you Amr, I know that you always wanted to die for the sake of Allah, and you got what you always hoped for inshaAllah, and I'm so proud of you. Ya Allah forgive his sins and accept him as a shaheed and reunite me with him in the hereafter. Ya Allah make me patient in knowing that it was his appointed time and that, by Your will and Grace, he is alive with his You as a shaheed." I didn't leave him until I was ready, I'm not even sure how long I was standing there. At the end, I kissed his cheek and told him that I would see him later inshaAllah, then covered his face and left the room.

The janaza was after Asr, there were hundreds of people there - his friends, his colleagues from school, extended family. He was a very beloved person to many. There was no dry eye, but everyone was speaking only good words and saying Alhamdulillah that Allah took him in the best way anyone can die in this world. We prayed on him, and I went outside to see a crowd of hundreds of men carrying his shrouded body towards the cemetary. The women didn't follow, we were waiting until he was buried to go to his grave and make duaa. After some time, his mother and I and some female relatives walked towards to cemetary and were making our way to where he was. Suddenly I notice all the men around me yelling for us to go out the side door, to run. I didn't understand what was happening but I started hearing loud bangs behind me, rocks being thrown at us and all the men telling the women to run. So I ran and ran without looking behind me, I was hit on my cheek by a large rock while I was running, but alhamdulillah, some of Amr's friends saw me and told me to run ahead of them so they could be behind me and make sure nothing happened to me. The people who attacked us were thugs who had heard there was an "ikhwani" funeral (although my husband was not from the ikhwan, he was just a religious man who believed in something called right and wrong). Many people were injured, some with stab wounds, but as far as I know, there were no causualties alhamdulillah.

Even in death, Amr's enemies hated him and all those around him! But their hate means nothing to me, after all if an enemy of God hates you, then that is a sign that you are, God-willing) on the right path.

Dear friends, my heart aches in a way I never knew a heart could ache. I miss him whenever I am awake and dream about him when I'm asleep. He was the best kind of husband a woman could ever hope for, kind, generous, soft and loving, but also strong and brave. His clothes are still hung up on the hooks in our room, as though he's going to walk through the door and change into his pyjamas before he sleeps. His friend gave me Amr's wallet and cell phone at the janaza, but his wedding band was missing, we still don't know where it is...I wish that I had it.

But through all this, I can't say anything except innalillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un, and continue to make duaa for him. I refuse to dishonour him or myself by asking God "why" he took him or thinking "if only he hadn't gone to the protest on Friday, he would be alive." No, it was Amr's time to return to Allah, I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt. And although I wish I had more time with him in the dunya, I sincerely look forward to reuniting with him and being his wife, if God allows me, in paradise. In jannah time does not end, there is no fear of being separated from your loved ones. I believe with every inch of my that our love was truly a love that can last from this world to the next.

Ya Allah, You reunited Musa's mother with him after she put him in the river, ya Allah You reunited Yaqoub with his beloved son Yusuf after many years of painful separation. Ya Allah You are the Only One who can reunite me with my beloved in the hereafter, so Allah I ask you to not prevent me from being with him again.

Last night after we came home, we received a call from a friend of a relative - someone who had witnessed first hand what happened to Amr after he was shot. She told us that he didn't die right away, he was alive for a few moments. His left hand was holding his chin where the bullet had entered, and his right index finger went up, and he said clearly "ashhadu anna la illaha ilAllah, wa ashhadu ana Muhammadun rasoolullah" and he had a huge smile on his face, as though it was his wedding day. When I heard this, I couldn't help but cry that Allah had honoured me just by letting me know this wonderful person and allowing me to have his child.

My friends, your words of encouragement have not gone unnoticed. I have nothing but love and respect for you all, and I know now so much more than before that as Muslims, although we have many faults in our community, when we come together we are truly a force to be reckoned with. Your support and love and duaa have touched me greatly. I will undoubtedly need your continued duaa and support when I return to Canada inshaAllah.

I ask Allah to let me never stray from His path, for my own sake and my daugher's, and also for Amr's sake - to honour him in the way that Allah chose for him to die.

Ya 7abibi ya Amr. Ya 7abibi ya Amr. Ya 7abibi ya Amr. I hope that right now your soul is in a green bird, and you are flying through Jannah, eating and drinking from its provisions and are close to the throne of Allah, where you will never shed another tear or ever feel any sense of loss or suffering. You are my love in this world and the next inshaAllah, you are in my heart always, you are in my prayers always.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #15 on: Aug 18, 2013 02:50 PM »

Subhanallah! May Allah bless us with strong Imaan like this sister and good ending like Amr. May Allah reunite them in Jannah amin. It really touched my heart. This is just one out of hundreds of similar stories in Misra. May Allah be their protector.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2013 02:58 PM »

Subhanallah, No words.

sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2013 04:40 PM »

As if she saw it coming... http://randomlyplaced.blogspot.com/2013/07/anger.html

وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُمْ بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوفْ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الأَمَوَالِ وَالأنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ

"And We will surely test you with something of fear and hunger and a loss of wealth and lives and fruits, but give good tidings to the patient" [Q 2: 155]

May Allah test us with what we can bear.

Shahida
Sis

« Reply #18 on: Aug 19, 2013 02:57 PM »

Cairo massacre: After today, what Muslim will ever trust the ballot box again?
This marks a tragic turning point, from which it will take Egypt years to recover
injured
By Robert Fisk

The Independent, 14 August 2013

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/cairo-massacre-after-today-what-muslim-will-ever-trust-the-ballot-box-again-8762021.html

The Egyptian crucible has broken. The “unity” of Egypt – that all-embracing, patriotic, essential glue that has bound the nation together since the overthrow of the monarchy in 1952 and the rule of Nasser – has melted amid the massacres, gun battles and fury of yesterday’s suppression of the Muslim Brotherhood. A hundred dead – 200, 300 “martyrs” – makes no difference to the outcome: for millions of Egyptians, the path of democracy has been torn up amid live fire and brutality. What Muslim seeking a state based on his or her religion will ever trust the ballot box again?

This is the real story of today’s bloodbath. Who can be surprised that some Muslim Brotherhood supporters were wielding Kalashnikovs on the streets of Cairo? Or that supporters of the army and its “interim government” – in middle-class areas of the capital, no less – have seized their weapons or produced their own and started shooting back. This is not Brotherhood vs army, though that is how our Western statesmen will mendaciously try to portray this tragedy. Today’s violence has created a cruel division within Egyptian society that will take years to heal; between leftists and secularists and Christian Copts and Sunni Muslim villagers, between people and police, between Brotherhood and army. That is why Mohamed el-Baradei resigned tonight. The burning of churches was an inevitable corollary of this terrible business.

In Algeria in 1992, in Cairo in 2013 – and who knows what happens in Tunisia in the coming weeks and months? – Muslims who won power, fairly and democratically through the common vote, have been hurled from power. And who can forget our vicious siege of Gaza when Palestinians voted – again democratically – for Hamas? No matter how many mistakes the Brotherhood made in Egypt – no matter how promiscuous or fatuous their rule – the democratically elected president Mohamed Morsi was overthrown by the army. It was a coup, and John McCain was right to use that word.

The Brotherhood, of course, should long ago have curbed its amour propre and tried to keep within the shell of the pseudo-democracy that the army permitted in Egypt – not because it was fair or acceptable or just, but because the alternative was bound to be a return to clandestinity, to midnight arrests and torture and martyrdom. This has been the historical role of the Brotherhood – with periods of shameful collaboration with British occupiers and Egyptian military dictators – and a return to the darkness suggests only two outcomes: that the Brotherhood will be extinguished in violence, or will succeed at some far distant date – heaven spare Egypt such a fate – in creating an Islamist autocracy.

The pundits went about their poisonous work today before the first corpse was in its grave. Can Egypt avoid a civil war? Will the “terrorist” Brotherhood be wiped out by the loyal army? What about those who demonstrated before Morsi’s overthrow? Tony Blair was only one of those who talked of impending “chaos” in bestowing their support on General Abdul-Fattah al-Sisi. Every violent incident in Sinai, every gun in the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood will now be used to persuade the world that the organisation – far from being a poorly armed but well-organised Islamist movement – was the right arm of al-Qa’ida.

History may take a different view. It will certainly be hard to explain how many thousands – yes, perhaps millions – of educated, liberal Egyptians continued to give their wholehearted support to the general who spent much time after the overthrow of Mubarak justifying the army’s virginity tests of female protesters in Tahrir Square. Al-Sisi will come under much scrutiny in the coming days; he was always reputedly sympathetic to the Brotherhood, although this idea may have been provoked by his wife’s wearing of the niqab. And many of the middle-class intellectuals who have thrown their support behind the army will have to squeeze their consciences into a bottle to accommodate future events.

Could Nobel Prize-holder and nuclear expert Mohamed el-Baradei, the most famous personality – in Western eyes, but not in Egyptian - in the ‘interim government’, whose social outlook and integrity looked frighteningly at odds with ‘his’ government’s actions today, have stayed in power? Of course not. He had to go, for he never intended such an outcome to his political power gamble when he agreed to prop up the army’s choice of ministers after last month’s coup.  But the coterie of writers and artists who insisted on regarding the coup as just another stage in the revolution of 2011 will - after the blood and el-Baradei’s resignation – have to use some pretty anguished linguistics to escape moral blame for these events.

Stand by, of course, for the usual jargon questions. Does this mean the end of political Islam? For the moment, certainly; the Brotherhood is in no mood to try any more experiments in democracy – a refusal which is the immediate danger in Egypt. For without freedom, there is violence. Will Egypt turn into another Syria? Unlikely. Egypt is neither a sectarian state – it never has been, even with 10 per cent of its people Christian – nor an inherently violent one. It never experienced the savagery of Algerian uprisings against the French, or Syrian, Lebanese and Palestinian insurgencies against both the British and the French. But ghosts aplenty will hang their heads in shame today; that great revolutionary lawyer of the 1919 rising, for example, Saad Zaghloul. And General Muhammad Neguib whose 1952 revolutionary tracts read so much like the demands of the people of Tahrir in 2011.

But yes, something died in Egypt today. Not the revolution, for across the Arab world the integrity of ownership – of people demanding that they, not their leaders, own their own country – remains, however blood-stained. Innocence died, of course, as it does after every revolution. No, what expired today was the idea that Egypt was the everlasting mother of the Arab nation, the nationalist ideal, the purity of history in which Egypt regarded all her people as her children. For the Brotherhood victims today – along with the police and pro-government supporters – were also children of Egypt. And no one said so. They had become the “terrorists”, the enemy of the people. That is Egypt’s new heritage.

akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #19 on: Aug 20, 2013 05:21 AM »

I'm starting to get a little confused now. Scholars are rallying behind the rulers so were we wrong all along?

http://www.ali-gomaa.com/?page=news&news_details=196
Sheikh Ali Gomaa: The Armed Forces are Egypt’s shield of security and pride

The Former Grand Mufti, Dr. Ali Gomaa, gave an important speech yesterday in a meeting arranged by the Armed Forces in which he pointed that Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) spoke highly of the Egyptian soldiers and anticipated their steadfastness in the face of dissentions and turmoil. He also praised highly the historical and national role of the Armed Forces in preserving the country and securing its people. Furthermore, he appreciated the high moral principles which the Armed Forces embrace. Sheikh Ali Gomaa ended his speech confirming the solidarity of the Egyptian army and their resoluteness to sacrifice their lives for the sake of their beloved Egypt.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #20 on: Aug 20, 2013 06:02 AM »

You trust them? I don't! Their whole argument is fake. When the Brotherhood supporters started demonstration, were they violent? Did they attack anyone? Then how are they different from those who demonstrated against Morsi? They failed to win elections and they still want us to believe they are pro democracy and liberalism. Shear hypocrisy isn't it? When has it become a crime to not want secular governance? A capital crime for that matter!

Muslim brotherhood may be wrong in all their policies, but that does not warrant for their execution.

The first thing Allah commanded concerning two believing parties in conflict is to mediate between them. Has anyone among the Saudi emirate and the scholars who are condemning brotherhood tried to mediate?

May Allah guide us.

akhan
Bro

« Reply #21 on: Aug 20, 2013 07:01 AM »

umm..I don't know dude, it's confusing. All along the Arab Spring, pretty much all the well known scholars have said that it is wrong to go against the ruler. Very recently Sheikh Suhaymi said that during times of fitna like these, you're supposed to lock your doors and stay inside, not go out and protest. Sheikh Salih Al Fawzan even went to say that somebody who dies during demonstrations dies upon wrongdoing and we're calling them martyrs. Now Ali Gomaa and essentially Al Azhar are also with the Egyptian Army. Only Salman Al Oadah spoke out for the people and against the rulers, whichever country it might be.

All along I have believed that the protesters were right and the rulers were wrong. Now, I see all these scholars saying the opposite. It has left me confused. To say scholars are wrong and I, with practically no knowledge, am right is scary. What to do Undecided
sadah
Brother
Bro

Dont be sad...

« Reply #22 on: Aug 20, 2013 08:48 AM »

So it is only now that ruling applies? I never heard them condemning the action of anti government fighters in Syria or any of the Arab spring protesters! They didn't speak out when people were demonstrating against Morsi's government! Why only now! I don't buy their argument.

The truth of the matter is that we are so divided along sectarian lines that any action by people who don't belong to our sect is wrong. I am not with Muslim Brotherhood but there's nothing our scholars can say that would justify their killings.

akhan
Bro

« Reply #23 on: Aug 20, 2013 09:19 AM »

Abdul Muhsin Al Abbad had condemned the Libyan protesters too, don't know about the others though. Some Saudi scholars are puppets, like the Madkhali group. Sheikh Muhammad Al Arifi also stubbornly stood by the royal family until he was arrested, he's been quiet since being released. What about Al Azhar though? I used to think they were independent, don't know what to say now.

The question remains though, what is the layman to do? And who to believe?

Great fitna for sure. Allahu Musta'an.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #24 on: Aug 20, 2013 01:05 PM »

I have read a hadith which says that we are not to rise up against our leaders.

However the practice should be that the people gather (and I could be remembering this completely wrongly) together to make dua to Allah that he remove the leader who is doing zulm and replace him with better.

I can imagine the governments cheerily allowing that...not!

I can see the logic in forbidding uprisings against a leader, it clearly serves to only cause deeper division and loss of lives, and people who would not normally end up taking lives, it causes even greater fitnah.

Allahualam.

Someone will be along to correct me soon I'm sure.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: