// Learning Quran
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "No legacy is so rich as honesty." - William Shakespeare
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Learning Quran  (Read 117 times)
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« on: Sep 15, 2013 06:00 AM »

Assalamu alaikum!

I hope that you are all well!

So, each and every year, I take a look at my Quran knowledge, decide that it is pathetic for someone who speaks Arabic perfectly well, and decide that I will memorize much more this year. Every year, unfortunately, this fails to happen.

So now, I know that the goals I was setting were too high/long term. Can anyone suggest ways to memorize Quran when one has a super busy student schedule? I'm talking ways to squeeze in that time daily, when I fight to find time for anything at all, even dinner.

So far, this seems the best option - http://quranforbusypeople.com/2011/04/how-to-memorize-the-quran/
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Sep 15, 2013 06:52 AM »

Same problem here, without being busy though lol

Listening to what you have memorized today and what you will tomorrow helps a lot. And recite whenever you can, while driving, waiting in a queue, anywhere...like people keep humming songs, hum whatever you've memorized.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #2 on: Sep 15, 2013 08:43 AM »

It is a struggle indeed.

The technique I find most effective for keeping what I memorized is recitation in salats (tip 5). The suwar one repeats occasionally in prayer find permanent place in the memory. It requires longer rakaats and additional nawafils of course which non-serious people like me find difficult.

Tip 1 is also very important. No matter how little, we should try and sacrifice some time aside daily for it. The period after subh is the best I think.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 15, 2013 03:46 PM »

I take ten minutes a day & memorise three ayahs a day ( not that slow as I have memorised a lot of surah as a child) and recite the surah from beginning to the last learned ayah as I go out on the school run with my girls during the morning and evening.

Also Br. Sadahs right recite the surah you're learning in salat.

Slowly and surely does it.

Rabbi zidni Ilmah (oh Allah grant me knowledge).

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: