// Disney starlet gone wild...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Inquiry: The Prophet said: 'The cure for ignorance is to question.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Disney starlet gone wild...  (Read 122 times)
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« on: Aug 27, 2013 07:22 PM »

You might have bumped into people's discussion on Miley Cyrus's latest deplorable performance. What do you think about it?

BBC WHYS discussed about it this evening and some people were like "why should even BBC bring such kind of topic up." This was my comment:

"I think BBC is right in raising the issue because the girl is an idol of many of our children and we know that. The implication is that these children would follow her story irrespective of how they are controlled. Her activities will be on Twitter, Facebook, news-channels, and almost everywhere. They will see them whether you like it or not and some of them will consider it as the way to go. Responsible parents should now think twice before allowing their children to be raised by Disney and their like."

My friend's little sister love Hannah Montana so much that most of her school stuff (school bag, notebooks, etc) carry HM's emblem. Some children call her Hannah Montana. Whenever I heard some ugly news about Miley, I think of that girl. And I know there are a lot of kids out there with similar Disney stars adoration. I hope this would be a lesson to parents.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2013 10:53 PM »

It's just nasty if you ask me. It's like these singers/actresses want to see how much nastier/controversial they can get for more attention and publicity. Madonna did it in the 80s, Lady Gaga and now this. Blech.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2013 01:27 PM »

I liked Imam Suhaib's message on this. It's interesting all the focus is on the girl in this mess, but the guy and SOCIETY should be just as guilty non!!??
===================
So Hanna Montana prances around and gets called out. Beyonce did the same thing during the super bowl is heralded a claimant to civil rights. I find both wrong. But it is strange how race and gender work in this country. Every few years a woman's performance at the VMA (or her dress) is used to measure the "morals" of America as though men have no responsibility for morality. It is all on the women.

The point is that there is a massive contradiction: One group is debased for an act, while another is praised for it.

When we distance ourselves from revelation, all hell breaks loose. Morality cannot be totally left to immoral souls.

It seems that we (Muslims) have a similar problem. Adherence to hijab (although an obligation) or the actions of women tend to prove to men how pious the men are. It is not uncommon to see a sister in burqa and her husband in a speedo with no shirt on!

Instead of outsourcing piety upon our sisters, it might be better to focus on ourselves.

Via @ImamSuhaibWebb [SW Admin]
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2013 07:13 PM »

So true sister and I believe that's why things only get worse because they are not tackled impartially.

There's this article which was endorsed by @AmericanBrother (Dr. Baba) I wanted to post here in the morning but something came in the way which made me forget.

RT @AmericanBrother: Agree 100 % - Dear son, don't let Robin Thicke be a lesson to you http://wp.me/p2TlSN-kb  via @wordpressdotcom

Dear son,

Don’t let Robin Thicke be a lesson to you.

Don’t let any of these pigs and perverts you see on TV be a lesson to you. They treat women like garbage; they possess no chivalry, no self control; they are disloyal and dishonest; they spend all day pursuing pleasure at the expense of others, and they encourage you to do the same. You might be tempted to follow suit. In fact, you WILL be tempted. These male pop stars and celebrities, look at them, you’ll think. They take advantage of emotionally broken, self loathing, confused young women, and they are rewarded handsomely for it. Look at their nice clothes and their nice cars. Look how they are admired and loved. Look, they treat women like trash and other women fawn all over them because of it. This must be how real men behave, you’ll think.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: