Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Eid Diary 2  (Read 257 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2770

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 18, 2013 01:31 PM »

Assalaam alaikum,

OK after the scary horror movie that was akhan's diary lol!! Here's mine... it's plain by comparison I know, but it has yummy food ppl!!  bebzi

===========
PICS:

Ok so first and perhaps most important my outfit... This is a custom made jilbab made in UAE. It's crinkly sparkly material and has sparkly beading all down the front which can't really be seen in this photo. But trust me I had to cover this with black jilbab lest I be seen from the moon.

Dresser table: Yeah it takes a lot for a girl to look decent these days Wink

Path to the Mosque: We're lucky in that we could walk to the Mosque, but since we were all dressed up we did half and half.

Mosque: They had 5 jamats!

Sisters Entrance: It's separate but at least it's next to the main one and nice.

Community Hall: This is actually the community hall which was setup for the women. I went here instead of the Mosque bc they had the TV screens so u could watch the Eid khutbah.

Then we headed over to my sister-in-law's house for some nice post-eid-prayer-snacks which included samosas and spring rolls and puff thingies.

We also had some yummy tea. (We are in England of course!)

Then post Eid-day-nap we went to this nice little Afghani restaurant. It was nicely decorated.

Downstairs they had these little booths where you sit on the floor and eat Afghan style!

Kabuli pilau!!

My food yumm

And lastly dessert.... kulfi!

& that's about it Smiley Eid mubarak!!

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2013 02:56 PM »

Wasalam

wow, gorgeous outfit, mashaAllah, and the food, yummyyyy!

5 jamaats, wow, mashaAllah, its great that there are so many Muslims!!! Alhamdulillah that Allah guided us to this Deen.

Your day was not boring at all.  Mine would be, got up, got dressed, went for eid prayer, ate breakfast alone, skyped with family, went for friends PhD defense, cooked supper, went to sleep. the end.

May Allah bless us with many more beautiful eids inshaAllah, that are peaceful and full of barakah. Thanks for sharing, omg the food has made me so hungry!!!

Salam
S

Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1244

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2013 03:32 PM »

That all looks amazing mashallah. Altho pilau with sultanas? No just no!!!

I think Eid ul Adha is all a much more somber affair than Eid ul Fitr which seems to be mad celebrations, this one is always more concentrated on ibadah and sacrifice.

My Eid was v quiet.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2013 04:09 PM »

oh YEAH! I forgot to mention skype. yes so true sis shahidah that is now part of my Eid... skyped with all the babies, nieces n nephews, my parents and brothers, bro-nlaw, sister, and sisters-in-law. really miss everyone.

as for kabuli pilau it is full of yummy nuts, sultanas, carrots and lots of other yum stuff! that's its signature. i once asked an afghani auntie how to make it, then fell asleep after the 12th step!

Shahida
Sis

Reps: 477

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2013 04:53 PM »

hehe, malay cuisine (at least in South Africa) has a lot of fruity undertones...they even make some curries with apricots and other fruits.  I am not a fan (apricots are meant for dessert!!!), but some people love it, mashaAllah...Wink

akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2013 06:36 PM »

"Please park your car responsibly"  Cheesy

Reminds of the treasurer cum chief operations officer of our masjid. He was a 50 yr old uncle who used to stand outside the masjid and tell(read : shout at) people to park properly. And I, the great I, used to park wherever I wanted and sneak away when he wasn't watching.

He passed away a few months ago, may Allah forgive him and grant him Jannah for all the work he put in for the masjid.

Dresser table: Yeah it takes a lot for a girl to look decent these days Wink
Yeah, sure does. You could buy a car here for the same money. Grin

Baji
Sis

Reps: 331

« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2013 11:57 AM »

MashAllah looks fab........your outfit is beautiful ...,. Is the restaurant shinwari? Sis fozia that's what I thought about qabli pilau but when u have it it tastes soooo good......

Baji

sadah
Brother
Bro

Reps: 386

Dont be sad...

« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2013 01:34 PM »

It appears you had great Eid moments.

Ours is relatively dry compared to Eidul Fitr. It might be because people had to go to work and students attend lectures because there wasn't public holiday. I was also eager to return to my books hence didnt have much fun.

May Allah accept our Ibadaat

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reps: 519

« Reply #8 on: Nov 07, 2013 03:29 AM »

That sounded like a wonderful day sis J and omg, that is a super pretty outfit ma'sha'allah! Work it girl! lol.

Awesome photos...that is the great thing about England, lots of great places to have meals and just the larger community, etc.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Nov 08, 2013 09:46 AM »

Lol thanks for the fashion review bro :p Yeah definitely agree about all the great places to eat. You could eat out every day here at some new interesting place, you'd be poor... but well fed Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: