// Pakistani TV show gives away Newborn Babies
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: If you are aware of your humility, then you are arrogant. - Ibn Ata'illah
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pakistani TV show gives away Newborn Babies  (Read 96 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Aug 30, 2013 09:34 PM »

The thing that alarms me the most about this article is that 15 babies a day are found in the garbage in a Muslim country!!

==========

Pakistani TV show gives away Newborn Babies
A Pakistani TV show has created quite a stir by offering away newborn babies as prizes to winning couples. The newborns, who are abandoned, have been presented to childless couples as the ultimate gift.

"Our team finds babies abandoned on the street, in garbage bins, some of them dead."

When it comes to TV game shows, it seems that very little stands in the way of public contestants and their chance to win big. From flash cars, 5 star holidays, huge cash sums to a two week old baby?

It seems Pakistani TV has taken just that little step further and have offered winning contestants the chance to take home their very own – yes, you read correctly – newborn baby!

The unexpected prize was presented to two unassuming couples by popular Pakistani TV host, and professed Muslim preacher, Aamir Liaquat Hussain on his entertainment-cum-religious show.

One winner and now new parent of a two-week old baby girl, Suriya Bilqees said: “I was really shocked at first. I couldn’t believe we were being given this baby girl. I was extremely happy.”

pakistan-tv“This child is the future of Pakistan,” she added. Another winner, Karachi police officer, Said Zulfiqar Hussain, also expressed his joy:

“I cannot express in words our happiness. There was a great void in our life and that is filled by having this baby.”

The programme called Amaan Ramazan is a new segment showing in Pakistan during the month of Ramadhan. The religious show gives away prizes to contestants who answer Islamic-relevant questions correctly.

Interestingly, it has been broadcast live on the Pakistani TV channel for up to twelve hours a day in a marathon show, and it seems to have hooked viewers, breaking TV rating records:

“At Christmas there’s Santa Claus to give everyone gifts, it’s important for Christians. For us Ramadan is a really special time so it’s really important to make people happy and reward them,” said Hussain.

Unsurprisingly, the prize giveaway has caused much controversy among critics and the public alike who believe Hussain is simply using this as a publicity ploy to bring in more ratings. Many have dubbed this latest antic as both bizarre and insensitive.

It seems that Hussain who already holds quite an eclectic celebrity reputation in Pakistan may also be dubbed an idealist as well. His show features a variety of entertainment segments, from celebrity interviews, live cooking shows – which feed the needy inside the studio, to discussing religion with young children in a decorative garden.

The newborns used in the prize giveaway are those found abandoned by the Chhipa Welfare Asssociation. The NGO claims it finds up to 15 abandoned babies every month. Ramzan Chhipa, head of the NGO says:

“Our team finds babies abandoned on the street, in garbage bins. Some of them dead, others mauled by animals. So why not ensure the baby is kept alive and gets a good home?”

http://www.desiblitz.com/content/pakistani-tv-show-gives-away-newborn-babies
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2013 03:28 AM »

I'd assume 14 out of 15 babies thrown away are girls.
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2013 04:46 AM »

Are we heading back to the Jahiliyya period? It's kinda strange why people bear a child they know they would subsequently end up killing or throwing away at this age when one can avoid conceiving when she really doesn't want to.

Anyway I don't see any problem with giving these children to couples who want to take care of them. The fact that they can contest in order to have them implies that they would give the children good care.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: