// Muslim woman's case dismissed
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muslim woman's case dismissed  (Read 1854 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: May 13, 2008 10:56 PM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24600216/
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2008 09:27 PM »

as salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

I believe that even the ulema that say that niqaab is required say there are exceptions/special circumstances in which a woman may show her face, and one of them is in the court of law if a judge/qadi requires it for some reason.  (I know that this is the case in the Shafi'i school).

It's important for us to be steadfast and strong in our practice, but also to couple that with proper understanding and knowledge about how we practice and apply the rulings of Islam.

Allahu a'lam.

Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2008 01:55 AM »

assalamu alykum,

If I was a judge, I would toss out the case too.
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2008 12:48 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

I have a problem with this because the judge decided to ignore any evidence to support her claim all because he could't see her face.  This is justice denied.  Granted this is a civil matter however even in criminal cases if the defendent is not present in the courtroom the trial continues so certainly no one can see the defendent let alone his/her face (and mugshots don't count).

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2008 01:50 PM »

salam

Depending on the case witnesses/ defendants/applicants have been allowed in the past to give evidence from behind a screen (its not a new thing), the testimony in such cases has never been questioned due to having their identities (in some cases) concealed.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: