Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Historic Quran found in mosque  (Read 197 times)
saleem
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
saleem barely matters :(saleem barely matters :(

« on: Sep 16, 2013 05:59 AM »

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/historic-quran-found-in-mosque.aspx?pageID=238&nID=54475&NewsCatID=375

A historic handwritten Quran was discovered in an old mosque in Bodrum. Yüksel Kılınçarslan, the imam of Tepecik Mosque, which has been serving the local community since 1737 on Neyzen Tevfik Avenue, noticed the 1,200 year-old Quran in the imam’s room and informed officials about it. At a ceremony, the historic Quran was delivered to the Bodrum Underwater Archaeology Museum with its accompanying protocol.

The handwritten Quran will be sent to a manuscript library in İzmir after undergoing some maintenance.
Kılınçarslan said that he had found the Quran in a piece of cloth. “We did not give it any importance thinking that it was an ordinary Quran. But I realized that it is handwritten and the figures on it show that it dates back to 1,200 years ago. I went to Ankara to talk to officials and they asked me to give it to the relevant institute,” he said.

September/16/2013

anisafatima

Reputation Power: 0
anisafatima is not to be trusted!

« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2013 11:18 AM »

Salam it is good to hear an interesting news of discovery of antique piece of hand written Holy Quran. I haven't seen picture of this discovery, what sort of hand writing used in it, is it Khaate-e-Koofi or something else? Your reply in this regard is really appreciated.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2013 12:52 PM »

I'm going to the British Library today. Heard they have an old manuscript as well. Should be interesting to see!!
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2013 09:22 PM »

I'm going to the British Library today. Heard they have an old manuscript as well. Should be interesting to see!!

I really want to visit the British Library; my english tutors talk about it reverentially.  I've got the new Birmingham library to venture into! 

The antique Qur'aan sounds fascinating.

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2013 10:55 AM »

I heard the new Birmingham library is amazing so u should definitely take a trip out!! Smiley The British Library was interesting... they have Sultan Babar's illuminated Quran and a bunch of other old documents like the magna carter, jane austen's original juvenelia, old bibles, a letter from winston churchill, beatles lyrics. It takes about an hour to walk around their free exhibit, and they have paid one's throughout the year. Like this past year they had the Mughal Treasures which was really cool but unfortunately I couldn't go when it was on. The building itself is really nice and stylish hipster people are all over with their laptops eating posh desserts from the cafe shop which is fun to watch! They also have a nice courtyard to hang out in as well.
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Sep 26, 2013 01:50 PM »

Well, I'm volunteering at the Birmingham Literature Festival which is happening next week and the library is the main location so I'm going to be getting to grips with the place very soon! 

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: