// Have any of the sister ever run into this problem?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil. - Jerry Garcia
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have any of the sister ever run into this problem?  (Read 182 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Nov 07, 2013 03:32 AM »

Ok.  This is bizarre...

http://wreg.com/2013/11/06/woman-turned-away-from-donating-blood-because-she-wont-remove-hijab/

Woman Turned Away From Donating Blood Because She Won’t Remove Hijab

(Memphis) Memphis mother Keajuana Allen said she gives blood regularly at Tennessee Blood Services at 807 Poplar, but she was turned away Wednesday.
“She told me I had to remove my scarf and I told her, ‘Well you know I can’t.’ I said, ‘Why today, do I have to remove my scarf?’ I said, ‘Due to religious purposes, I am not to be uncovered,’” said Allen after she was asked to remove her hijab before giving blood Wednesday.
“Due to my religion being a Muslim woman, I am not to uncover in front of especially a man, only if it’s my husband. She told me that I needed to find another donor center to go to.”
Tennessee Blood Services medical director Edward Scott said they require everyone who gives blood to uncover their head or take off a hat.
“To evaluate the scalp we need individuals to take off the hat or take off head coverings,” said Scott.
“It’s to make sure the collection is safe for the donor but also that the product is going to be usable,” added Scott.
Scott said Allen was turned away because of her low hemoglobin or iron.
Allen said no blood sample was taken Wednesday to know that.
WREG called other blood donation centers and none of them require you to uncover your head before giving blood.
Tennessee Blood Services, which pays blood donors, said it’s always been a requirement in order to check for scars or stitches.

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2013 08:15 AM »

huh?  sounds awfully dubious to me! to uncover the scalp to check for scars and stitches? for what?  They'd then rather let you strip and check for needle punctures of IV drug users, maybe that will be their next line when they see another muslima walk in there... rolling eyes smiley...

This is absurd...
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2013 09:08 AM »

It's a flimsy lying excuse, they usually want to know sexual history and medical history here, and then check haemoglobin before taking blood.

What you're wearing doesn't come into it.

Usually they're just desperate for blood.

Presumably as this one pays they think they can discriminate.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2013 09:48 AM »

That is so wack. Tennesee Muslims have had such an uphill battle these past few years Sad The problem is Tennessee IS the deep south and the heart of the Bible belt. They're still extremely racist and islamophobic  Angry
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: