Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: American consumers have no problem with carcinogens, but they will not purchase any product, including floor wax, that has fat in it. - Dave Barry
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad news for the England!  (Read 160 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 13, 2013 04:13 PM »

D'oh!!! Read it and weep Britishers. I plan to go buy all my woollies n boots n stuff next week!!!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/436170/Worst-winter-for-decades-Record-breaking-snow-predicted-for-November
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2013 04:41 PM »

Every year is the worst winter in history. Trust me.

We've got our winterboots and most importantly boot grips ready.

However my mother is knitting my girls woolies!!!!!

'Tis been quite mild thus far.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2013 05:44 PM »

Slm,

Fozia, pls post pics of your boots? I have been looking for winter boots here, they all look like normal boots, and i am SURE they are not going to be good enough for this winter!  My toes are already freezing...

While you're at it, any recommendations for a warm jacket/coat? Where i live, the people dont get cold...so my African winter coat is more than enough for them.  It is barely warm enough for me in this autumny weather...9degrees at the moment, was out yesterday and it was 3degrees, yes THREE degrees. SubhanAllah... :-)

HELP!!!
Wasalam
S.
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2013 06:21 PM »

The purple ones are my girls boots, (both have different coloured boots), they're fleece lined inside from lands end.

http://www.landsend.co.uk/Girls_Snowflake_Boots/pp/P_26029.html

Mine are Timberlands earthkeepers (have had them for a couple of years already), they're thinsulate lined and I love them as they're the only boots I've ever had that keep my feet warm, I can't bare cold feet, I have cried when my toes have gone numb from the cold during my commute in the past.

I'd suggest you get a quilted coat with an inner fleece lining.

http://www.tkmaxx.com/jackets+coats/black-padded-parka-coat/invt/35247775&bklist=icat,4,shop,1,3511

I got my girls as quilted coat with furlined hood and elasticated jersey cuffs (to prevent cold from going up the sleeves, the coats have detachable wool vest which they remove when it gets warmer but not warm enough.

I usually wear a wool mix cloak with a sheepskin lined hood and I've got several thick jersey hi jabs. I cannot deal with insanely cold weather.

Invest in a thick scarf (I wear a Palestinian keffiyah coordinated to match my hijab)  to wrap around your face I hate breathing in cold air.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2013 06:33 PM »

OK thats a dreadful picture, they dont look so bad and are really toasty.

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2013 08:46 PM »

Thanks, i like them!!! Assume theyre waterproof too, right? Am definitely going to invest in a good pair and a good warm jacket. Thanks for the suggestions...

JazakiAllahu khairun
Salam
S.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2013 09:17 PM »

Yep they're waterproof. Has to be for walking through snow

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: