Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 16, 2014 11:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: All the world's a kabob truck.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What type/style of hijab you wear mostly?  (Read 4144 times)
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« on: May 14, 2008 04:49 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Recently I have been noticing lot of nice and fancy hijab styles. Was wondering what style you guys wear and if some of you have tried/wear those fancy style, how long does it take to do so? and how practical they are ?

I ussually wear the 'all time famous cotton triangle style' Smiley (no creativity sense  here Smiley )

Wasalam
tq (slow day at work:))
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008 06:06 AM »

salam

i wear the lonf rectangle scarves that can be wrapped around. i find them to stay on my head better.

i was in kuwait not too long ago and they also wear those rectangle  hijabs but have a very distinct way of wrapping them. it looks very pretty but not practical for work. 

wassalam
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008 08:38 AM »

peace be upon you

I love to wear the long, dupatta/shayla scarfs, they are really really nice and come in all sorts of patterns etc.  Lately only been wearing black, but thats more a practical consequence, rather than actual choice Wink  For work however, these are less practical, so I end up wearing the boring balck 4 corner, folded to a 3 corner, and just tied very unimaganitively. arrgghhh Embarrassed 

I like the gulf way of tying their long hijaabs, but for the life of me can't get over the humps they make on their heads to keep the scarf up there Cheesy  I suppose it's a little better than the turkish dome shaped head, which I just dont get, at all Roll Eyes

Ok, my 2 cents...
going back into hiding
salam
S. purplehijabisis
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008 09:23 AM »

salam

I wear the shayla style, long and black, sometimes it has a border but I prefer plain black, I do occassionally do pastel colours.
I tend to wear a bone cap underneath matching whatever colour my shayla is, it's far easier to pin down the whole thing that way.

One day when I'm utterly bored, I will sit down and try doing a turban styleee thingy, I've seen several girls with those and they look kewl I think...

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
cat
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
cat has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008 12:34 PM »

slm

for practicality sake i use the one piece hijab which requires no pins or re-setting during the day.

Ocassionally (and if it comes matching with an abaya that i purchase) i will wear the long rectangular scarf, wrapping the longer end around once before pinning to place.

I avoid the square folded into a rectangle because the pin needed to secure it underneath the chin gives me a rash and (for me at least) the hair starts sticking out of it in some odd places (and angles!) during the course of the day.

One piece hijab is such a life saver for me, Alhumdulillah!
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008 12:59 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
I like dupattas better also since they cover nicely. I have never tried dupatta with western clothes. I bought one long/rectangle hijab but havent learned the art to wear it so that a) its not slipping without 1000 pins Smiley b) it covers properly i.e. drapes down the shoulder/chest area. I have been told by a certain 13 year old that triangle hijab are soo yesterdays and that I should try rectangle one Smiley.
Which one are better the cotton rectangle ones or the polyester/rayon ones - polyester ones look lighter ?

Wasalam
tq

cat
Sis

cat has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008 01:09 PM »

slm Sister TQ.  I have a 13 year old too and she also has that same view!  flowersis

I wouldn't know cotton from silk so i cannot comment on the rayon question, sorry. I think i should rather ask my mum or sister who seem to know much more about that.   Huh?

Most of the abayas come with a chiffon type rectangular scarf.  But if i had to set out to buy one specifically then i would go for the type that can stretch a bit.  I know i know...not making much sense.  Let me think about this and come back maybe  Embarrassed
jamilahz
Sis

jamilahz has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008 02:22 PM »

Salam

I went though so many stages!  At first it was the amria style... that you just put on like a tube, then I found some that they call a mona hijab, with the tube but with a long rectangle sewn to it that you wrap around (like hijab with training wheels).  Now I'm in the pashimina/dupetta stage because they cover the best and are soft and nice.  I just tried square and I find that if you pin it under your chin a bit un even and take one corner and wrap it up around and pin it to the top of the back of your head it looks nice.  Of course most of this 'nice' is lost when I tie a niqab over it! 

The Prophet said, "The people of my generation are the best, then those who follow them"
Nadiyya
Sis

Nadiyya has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Jun 06, 2008 11:56 PM »

salaam

hey sisters, I usually wear a pashmina or a shayla style hijab. Sometimes I sport a morocaan Hijab, one piece very fast simple and elegant.

But for the summer I've been so fond of these Hajabicaps on www.almuhajabaelaniqa.com so cute and fun for spring especially with the warm weather

Nadiyya purplehijabisis

When the world pushes you to your knees, you are in the perfect position to pray

Be Yourself beautiful, and you will find the world full of beauty
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Jun 07, 2008 12:35 AM »

wsalaam,

i have many different kinds and types of hijabs but my usual these days is a lace underscarf and a rectangle chiffon on top.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: